Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Repairing BCM?

Old 02-27-2016, 09:38 AM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Repairing BCM?

Originally Posted by rscrogg
It doesn't have a decal. Got it from East Coast Parts and they had written X007P on it. I tried to insert 2 photos but it just came up as a bunch of code.
When you click the mountain picture insert button you will get code, click the preview post at the bottom to see the post as we would.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are photos of the BCM I have.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:14 PM

That doesn't look like the Bcm...

Old 02-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by MB04XFIRE
That doesn't look like the Bcm...
This is a BCM.

This is the PCM.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:54 PM

That is exact.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:54 AM

So is mine. It was ordered and sent as one, and 2 different mechanics, including a Chrysler dealer, installed it but couldn't get it programmed. Apparently yours is a 2004 and mine is a 2005.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:02 PM

If anyone wants the BCM I have, I will send it for $10 postage. Don't need it now as I traded the Crossfire. Maybe someone else can figure out the programming.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:39 PM

I finally decided to take appart my Bcm that was bad.. Figured I would open it and see if there was any signs of issues.. And boy was it obvious.. Here is a picture of the issue with it...
Has anyone ever fixed these types of blown traces on these bcm's before?
Does anyone have a schematic diagram of this printed circuit board in order to see where each pin is intended to go and also see how many layers this board is?

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
image.jpeg (322.4 KB, 98 views)
Old 03-10-2016, 01:10 AM

No idea, but if your board looks anything like the pix of mine I posted. you can have it for $10 postage. It is in my garage in a ziplock bag right now, as I traded the Crossfire.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:23 PM

I'm searching for the procedure for removing the Bcm... And also the procedure for the new Bcm to learn the vin? Can't seem to locate it..
Can someone please post a
Ink if they know where it is..
Thanks again

Old 07-10-2016, 01:46 PM

I am trying to fix a couple of problems with my '05 (convertible top not working & no cruise control). I took it to the dealer and they had it for about a month and after changing the PTCM they told me they thought the BCM might be the problem. I have it out and have opened it up and it appears as though there may be some solder issues much like I had with a "Mystery No-Start" problem. Does anyone have any experience with like issues in the BCM?

Old 07-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Double L
I am trying to fix a couple of problems with my '05 (convertible top not working & no cruise control). I took it to the dealer and they had it for about a month and after changing the PTCM they told me they thought the BCM might be the problem. I have it out and have opened it up and it appears as though there may be some solder issues much like I had with a "Mystery No-Start" problem. Does anyone have any experience with like issues in the BCM?
1) About a month at the dealership. That is just beyond sad.
2) They changed the PTCM and still dont know what to do - for a TOP not working and no cruise control? That is not just sad, it is pathetic.
3) No, Iv'e been on here since 2009 and am on my third Roaster, never have I seen any indication of such an issue with the BCM. Largely , the BCM is SMT techhnology, so "solder issues" are not likely. Of course, if you SEE fractured joints (probably around the pins of the connectors that the cables plug into) hten by all means reflow them. Just be DAMN careful you don't bridge paths.
4) The Cruise is entirely within the PTCM, cept for maybe the wheel speed sensors and, of course, the multi function switch.
5) Top issues are usually NOT that hard to diagnose. Most often, they are caused by the sensors (which are really just spst switches) in the top frame and divider catch.
6) Thinking that the two issues are caused by the same module may be why it is not fixed. I am trying to think of ANYTHING in the car that would, by itself, disable the top and cruise control. I got nothing.

"No cruise control" is pretty simple to interpret, but "top not working" does not tell us enough to give you any advice. Do the windows go down when you release the D handle and push the top up away from the windshield frame? Do you get a 'beep' when you do so? Or, do you get a beep only when you press the button to move the top? Do you have any issues moving the top manually? Provide some more information and maybe we can help.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 07-11-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
1) About a month at the dealership. That is just beyond sad.
2) They changed the PTCM and still dont know what to do - for a TOP not working and no cruise control? That is not just sad, it is pathetic.
3) No, Iv'e been on here since 2009 and am on my third Roaster, never have I seen any indication of such an issue with the BCM. Largely , the BCM is SMT techhnology, so "solder issues" are not likely. Of course, if you SEE fractured joints (probably around the pins of the connectors that the cables plug into) hten by all means reflow them. Just be DAMN careful you don't bridge paths.
4) The Cruise is entirely within the PTCM, cept for maybe the wheel speed sensors and, of course, the multi function switch.
5) Top issues are usually NOT that hard to diagnose. Most often, they are caused by the sensors (which are really just spst switches) in the top frame and divider catch.
6) Thinking that the two issues are caused by the same module may be why it is not fixed. I am trying to think of ANYTHING in the car that would, by itself, disable the top and cruise control. I got nothing.

"No cruise control" is pretty simple to interpret, but "top not working" does not tell us enough to give you any advice. Do the windows go down when you release the D handle and push the top up away from the windshield frame? Do you get a 'beep' when you do so? Or, do you get a beep only when you press the button to move the top? Do you have any issues moving the top manually? Provide some more information and maybe we can help.

Manual Crossfire Roadster Convertible Top Operation - YouTube
Cruise control seems always to be a fault of speed sensors, or odd wheel sizes. The control of the speed control is not a function of the MFS, it has its own switch on the steering column.
Manual tranny cars have had speed control problems due to the clutch pedal switch if I recall correctly.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The control of the speed control is not a function of the MFS, it has its own switch on the steering column.
WOW, ya got me, Dave.