Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Roadster Subwoofer Trunk Design

Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roadster Subwoofer Trunk Design

Hello all. I recently purchased a 2005 Roadster Limited. I am bit of a audio fan and the old stock infinity subs are shot.

I have drafted a design for the roadster for a 1.75 cubic foot enclosure for a single upward facing 12. The box fits completely under the top when stowed so as to not restrict the use of the convertible. I searched the forum a little but couldn't find a thread with recommendations for grounding location or a tap for a remote (acc on) wire. If anyone has ideas or recommendations, please shout out. Thanks

Also, if anyone wants the schematic for the enclosure, I am happy to share.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Roadster Subwoofer Trunk Design

I used a truck box with a 10 in it for my roadster. Works good, although the sub barely fits in the box, and its a little tight squeeze under the divider. It could stand to be wider and a bit shorter to physically fit underneath the divider better, but it was something I already had and fit when thrown in so I can't complain too bad.

As far as powering the amp. I ran a ground wire from the amp to the obvious 'frame rail' tube and connected it with an eye and a self tapping screw. I ran a new power wire theough the passenger compartment straight to the battery. For the remote turn on wire I connected it to my aftermarket head unit. If you are retaining the stock head unit then you can tap into the keyed power wire at the radio connector, but I can't imagine why you would keep the stock head unit to power a separate sub.

Pics of your box installed in the trunk would be good.