Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

sub and door handle remove-pictures?

Old 10-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sub and door handle remove-pictures?

I am going to replace the SUBs with the pyle ones recommended here in threads. I was just wondering if there was any pics on this.. or is it just as simple as it appears, pop the big plugs out with a trim tool, unscrew the 2 **** like things and the carpet will just come off? I assume there are some screws for for the hangers things. Was just hoping there was maybe a picture thread that Im not finding.

the inside door handles, this scares the heck out of me. Im sure its just because I don't grasp how this works. I can feel the seam on back, but its so small i cant see anything but a tiny screwdriver fitting in it to "split" it? does it split the whole length? ther ret of it crystal clear, but that silver handle scares me a bit.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: sub and door handle remove-pictures?

There is a Crutchfield guide for this: http://www.driscocity.com/crutchfield-speakers.pdf

And as far as the subs, you will either have to cut some of the plastic basket to fit the larger magnets, or I used a heat gun to melt the plastic a bit to reshape the basket. I would advise the cutting method over the heat gun.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by crookedview
There is a Crutchfield guide for this: http://www.driscocity.com/crutchfield-speakers.pdf

And as far as the subs, you will either have to cut some of the plastic basket to fit the larger magnets, or I used a heat gun to melt the plastic a bit to reshape the basket. I would advise the cutting method over the heat gun.
I have read all the posts and many have pictures, but I haven't found one on the back carpet. I got it all apart, it was pretty much exactly as it appeared.. the to **** plugs unscrew, the large plugs on the top plastic UNscrew too, this I didn't know, i thought they where like most of those where they just pull straight out, so I may have ruined one. Then you have to unscrew those small corner trim in doors. After the top piece is off you just pull the carpet to the side.

Im more concerned with the silver door handles, do they split completely as they are 2 pieces lengthwise? or do they just split on back and open like a C to slip off?

Old 10-18-2014, 11:39 AM

well i got everything done but Im a bit puzzled. With old deck the mew subs made noise. the New deck with a wire harness that plugs into the cars, I dont seem to be getting any bass from the rear speakers. Am i correct in thinking I would have NO sound if the amp was not turning on? Front speakers would not make noise either?

I hooked up the new subs with the original deck, they where working just fine. I then put the new deck in and now just the door speakers seem to work. Maybe the amp just cant pump those new ones good enough.. but then .. the old deck was. IM just a bit stumped.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by crookedview

That Crutchfield guide alone deserves a sticky!

Old 10-24-2014, 10:03 PM

Yep i cvut hte sub baskets, not to bad a job. And my subs are working, just .. ehh.. don't seem as loud. Still have no idea how to split the door handle, does it only split on back, or ????

Old 10-31-2014, 02:31 PM
Forum Regular

You can use a plastic trim tool to separate the door handle from underneath. If memory serves me correctly the front section will pop off revealing the two screws that fasten the handle to the door. Be careful prying on these parts - they are outrageously expensive if broken.