Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

pyle rear speakers

Old 09-16-2015, 10:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default pyle rear speakers

I have been debating for two weeks about repairing my rear subs are replacing them,well after looking at the dual voice coil 4 ohm Pyle subs from Walmart .com for 23$ shipped I wasn't losing much.Speakers arrived and the install was tight but no mods were needed yes they are 4 ohm speakers an the stock subs are 2 ohm,I still used them and I am very impressed better and more solid bass than factory speakers so yes it was 23$ well spent .

Old 09-16-2015, 10:03 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: pyle rear speakers

Date: 9/11/2015
Payment Method:
Subtotal: $ 21.98
Sales Tax: $ 1.54
Order Total: $ 23.52

Old 09-16-2015, 10:05 PM
Forum Regular

Shipping to Store
Item Qty Price Total
Pyle PLPW6D Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer 2 10.99 21.98
Arrives by Fri., Sep 18,actually arrived 3 days early

Old 09-17-2015, 07:29 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your last name must be Houdini. "No mods"?

Pictures.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:30 PM
Forum Regular

No mods meaning they were strictly bolt in

Old 09-17-2015, 11:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by blackpepper
Interesting, I might check this out.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you wire the two coils in parallel you'll get 2 ohms

Old 09-18-2015, 07:41 AM

You didn't have to modify the 2-piece basket in any way?

That's amazing.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:56 AM
Forum Regular

The tight fit was that I couldn't put all four screws to secure the speakers in the basket only three speaker is a little large but it fits far as wires pos to pos neg to neg ,a 2 ohm amp will push 4 ohm speakers you just won't get the most out of it ,I am going to remove a speaker an try to post some pics wish me luck on that

Old 09-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Forum Regular

No don't wire the coils together you can but I didn't, sound and bass is I must admit waaaay better than stock,probably the best bang for 23 bucks lol

Old 09-18-2015, 10:57 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No don't wire the coils together you can but I didn't, sound and bass is I must admit waaaay better than stock,probably the best bang for 23 bucks lol
What was the condition of the factory ones? When you say better than stock, do you mean better then "new" stock ones, or "bad/blown" stock ones?
I ordered a surround repair kit for mine, it will arrive tomorrow. If those sound better than good working factory one, I might order a pair as well to compare.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
What was the condition of the factory ones? When you say better than stock, do you mean better then "new" stock ones, or "bad/blown" stock ones?
I ordered a surround repair kit for mine, it will arrive tomorrow. If those sound better than good working factory one, I might order a pair as well to compare.
Mine are running from a Kenwood amp and sound waaaay better than OEM.

No comparison.

Old 09-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder how they compare to these. These are also made by Pyle, except they are 4 ohm. My only concern would be the potential size difference of the magnet. These are a whopping $11.50/each through Amazon. My driver side sub is blown and I have been looking into different options. Like the OP, I am trying to find something that won't require any modification of the OEM woofer baskets.

Amazon.com: Pyle PLG64 6.5-Inch 300-Watt Mid-Bass Woofer: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Pyle PLG64 6.5-Inch 300-Watt Mid-Bass Woofer: Car Electronics

Old 09-19-2015, 11:39 PM
Forum Regular

My factory subs are dry rotted around the foam,so a foam kit was just as mush as the speakers so I went ahead with the speakers,far as the yellow pyle speakers they look like a single voice,guy at a local stereo shop said you could wire to pos/neg leads together and run a single voice coil 4 ohm speaker i said no thanks.Again the pyle subs really suprised me for the price and not have to change anything for them to wrk get replacement in my book.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not dual voice coil.

This one is!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/310985570545?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Old 09-21-2015, 09:25 PM
Forum Regular

My speakers are the exact same as those but dual voice coil

Old 09-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just removed the backing of the stock speaker box and the sound quality is much better for me on my old car. The plastic on plastic was rattling every time the base hit making me think my speaker was blown.

Not So. Sounds great now!

Old 09-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just repaired my subwoofers because previous threads made it seem that there weren't really any good replacement subwoofers that could be installed without modification. With the OP's recommendation, I think I am going to order a pair of the Pyle PLPW6D subs and pick them up at Walmart.. Not that it's a big deal because they're so cheap, but I am wondering why they were $10.99 each and now they are $15.15.
Pyle PLPW6D Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer - Walmart.com Were they on sale, or is there a cheaper place to find them?

Old 03-19-2017, 04:42 PM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

The tight fit was that I couldn't put all four screws to secure the speakers in the basket only three speaker is a little large but it fits far as wires pos to pos neg to neg ,a 2 ohm amp will push 4 ohm speakers you just won't get the most out of it ,I am going to remove a speaker an try to post some pics wish me luck on that
Hi blackpepper,

This morning I finally got around to removing the OEM subwoofers with the intent to replace them with two new Pyle PLPW6D 6" 600 Watt Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofers. Old speakers are out, but am puzzled about how to finish the replacement.

A few questions for you:

1) Since you didn't cut the basket: did you mount each Pyle at an angle with only one of the three screw mounts flush against the basket? Did you use longer screws for the other two? Spacers?

2) Wiring question 1: Which two of the four wires in the basket did you attach to the Pyle?

3) Wiring question 2: Why did you not wire + to + and - to - on each Pyle? Would it not be sound better to use both voice coils?

Thanks

FYI The Pyle PLPW6D box states that the speaker comes with "Spring Loaded Push Down Speaker Terminals" but mine came with male spade terminals.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:11 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by BobG
Hi blackpepper,

This morning I finally got around to removing the OEM subwoofers with the intent to replace them with two new Pyle PLPW6D 6" 600 Watt Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofers. Old speakers are out, but am puzzled about how to finish the replacement.

A few questions for you:

1) Since you didn't cut the basket: did you mount each Pyle at an angle with only one of the three screw mounts flush against the basket? Did you use longer screws for the other two? Spacers?

2) Wiring question 1: Which two of the four wires in the basket did you attach to the Pyle?

3) Wiring question 2: Why did you not wire + to + and - to - on each Pyle? Would it not be sound better to use both voice coils?

Thanks

FYI The Pyle PLPW6D box states that the speaker comes with "Spring Loaded Push Down Speaker Terminals" but mine came with male spade terminals.
I have no idea what you want, but is this video any use?
CLICK

Quick Reply: pyle rear speakers