Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Stereo/DVD Install

Old 11-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo/DVD Install

Good afternoon everyone,

First off, this forum is great, and thanks to everyone for submitting How To articles, they are much appreciated.

Now, to my problem. I've stalled a new head unit, Pioneer AVH-X7800BT, but I've run into an issue with the functionality. The radio, CD, Bluetooth functionality all works but I can't get the DVD player to work. I get the error message that the car has to be in park. I don't have the parking brake wire hooked up (light green wire) so I know which wire I need to correct, but I have no idea what to connect it to. I've seen on other posts that people have grounded the wire and it works, but that did not prove correct for me. I don't have any other wires to connect it to so I have no idea how to get this thing to work.

I used a wire harness to connect everything and I skipped the amp wiring (I was lazy) but everything sounds great. If I could figure out the DVD play back issue, I'd be set.

Any suggestions?

Old 11-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Default Re: Stereo/DVD Install

According to this you can install a ground bypass double relay...$11 on Amazon. This sounds like it would address while parked and while driving.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019JNQV7Y?psc=1

This might work too...you might need to insert new wire into harness.

Last edited by Rpaczan; 11-03-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:52 PM
Default Re: Stereo/DVD Install

Awesome, thanks Rpaczan! That's what I needed...