Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Spaghetti BS?

Old 11-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spaghetti BS?

Sup peeps been a while since been to the forums

So when I bought my '05 limited, it had an aftermarket deck already installed so I used it to pretty much no problems til a short time ago that it went belly up and wouldnt even power up.

So I buy a new sony unit today (mostly cuz i got a massive discount on it) and dug round on the forums here for install questions because, honestly, stereos arnt my ballpark :P

Ordered a Scosche VW01B harness (as was recommended in several threads) and as i sat here idly browsing threads, it occurred to me that since there was an aftermarket deck preinstalled, there might be a harness connection i could use...

Sadly, i get the old deck out and find this nightmare mish-mash of crap... Any advice as to where to even begin sorting this out?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20161103_150447-min.jpg (2.18 MB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg
20161103_150459-min.jpg (1.33 MB, 26 views)
Old 11-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Spaghetti BS?

Hmmmmmm
If it were me, I'd remove that black aftermarket connector one wire at a time making sure I maintained connectivity to the white OEM connector, then I'd tackle the VW adapter between the Sony and the OEM wiring ( white connector ).

NOTE: if the Sony doesn't have 4 volt preamp outs, you will have to use the Sony speaker wires to the amp.

Of course, I could have it bass-akwards, the black connector is the OEM and the white one was added.

Did the white one go to the old radio ?

Last edited by ala_xfire; 11-03-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spaghetti BS?

The white plug was to the old deck yes. Im assuming the black is the orig OEM harness