Australia Serving Australia.

Tyres in Australia

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tyres in Australia

I put on a pair of Kumo Ecsta SPT tyres 4 months ago and they are already on the naughty side of the law. Really slippery in the wet. I got 6000 Kms on the SRT 6. I think that its a bit rude at close to $580 for a pair to last that short amount. I dont belive that I am bit mad and have only have the Tractionj control cut in a couple of times. What are you guys using here that is a bit reasonable in price?

Old 07-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tyres in Australia

Hello Pop49, I find that tyres are a problem in as much as the retailers always say that their tyres are the best, its not until they are fitted and used for a while that one actually evaluates their performance, When my car was fitted with 20" wheels and 245x30 tyres, Achilles on the front , Altenzo on the rear , the road holding was very good , the road noise was acceptable, but could not balance them and any speed over 90k and upward the shakes were there. The Achilles I had fitted at a cost of just over $300, the Altenzo were on it and had about 2000k in use. I since have fitted the original wheels, the shimmy has stopped which is great, the car feels better, smooth as . The tyres fitted are Nexen on the front and Nankang on the rear, I have noticed a little more road noise which I feel is from the rear tyres, the back end is with the Nankang a little more loose than with the Altenzo. I have been to several tyre dealers for a tyre when they need replacement, I some times think the tyre that is suggested may be the one that there is the greatest mark up for them as no 2 dealers recommended the same tyre . On suggested Michelin at a cost of around $500 each, some were quite honest and said the mileage is not in the grippy type tyre, also the road noise can be considerable as well . On looking up tyres on the internet the results vary for the same tyre, personal views also vary, All confusing! I came across a site and they gave a review of 10 of the top tyre and the no1 was in their view was Hancook, money for value. On the forum many owners are happy with these tyres.. I at one time had a MX5 and fitted it with Bridgestone Potenza's, they were good, but a bit expensive. When I need new tyres I will try the Hancook, then the day will come as to weather the choice was good or bad. Saltiga