-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

An XFi Store

Old 06-20-2007, 01:01 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: An XFi Store

Originally Posted by RPM
If Chrysler won't recognize us, can we be recognized by Karmann - as they actually built the car?
If Karmann is a no go, we may want to try for Mercedes-Benz. IMO, we would have a better chance of them recognizing us than Chrysler.

Just some ideas . . .
I agree with you RPM. That's what I mean by saying we need to be ambassadors for our cars. We need to be persistent. Tenacity always wins.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

• The key to more XFI members is marketing. A one paragraph article in Auto Week or Automobile or Motor Trend might well generate several hundred more forum and club members. The issue is how to create something newsworthy that can be used in the appropriate sections of those mags. Something along the line of "While Chrysler dies, the Crossfire lives in the hearts of true enthusiasts" might just play. The key would be to play up the size of the forum and also mention XFI.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:46 PM
FP

Originally Posted by Scrooge06
  • The key to more XFI members is marketing. A one paragraph article in Auto Week or Automobile or Motor Trend might well generate several hundred more forum and club members. The issue is how to create something newsworthy that can be used in the appropriate sections of those mags. Something along the line of "While Chrysler dies, the Crossfire lives in the hearts of true enthusiasts" might just play. The key would be to play up the size of the forum and also mention XFI.
You're thinking man. Great idea. How about an invitation from XFi right after they buy their car. This would have to be worked out through DCX.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FP
You're thinking man. Great idea. How about an invitation from XFi right after they buy their car. This would have to be worked out through DCX.
I was thinking of something along this order last night. If someone could get their hands on a list of all Crossfire purchases, an invitation could be sent to all the new owners. When I spoke to the lady about the Crossfire luggage she had mentioned that she was going to receive a list from Chrysler of all the new owners of Crossfires that were to receive the luggage. Wondering if they (TRG) would allow us to include our forum or club info with that luggage when it's sent out.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Writing or calling Chrysler may help maybe if XFi had a letter head with XFi logo address name of officers you know look official, i don't think they would give out names of customers to just anyone.

We can write to Auto Week, Motor Trend like Scrooge06 suggested using our new letter head.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:50 PM
FP

I agree, but we have to formalize the club. Right now we're like some back door garage club with no recognition.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:25 PM

Another easy marketing idea is Ebay. If we have any regular Ebay sellers in the XFI we could sell something like the decals for minimal cost and use the purchase as an enticement to join XFI. Whoever managed that would need to get a share of the purchase price to cover time and expenses. Ebay also allows a certain amount of promotion in addition to item information. Anyone who wanted a XFire decal would be a good bet for joining XFI. Obviously any number of items could be marketed this way (decals, patches, plaques, etc.).

Old 06-20-2007, 07:32 PM

Another easy marketing idea is Ebay. If we have any regular Ebay sellers in the XFI we could sell something like the decals for minimal cost and use the purchase as an enticement to join XFI. Whoever managed that would need to get a share of the purchase price to cover time and expenses. Ebay also allows a certain amount of promotion in addition to item information. Anyone who wanted a XFire decal would be a good bet for joining XFI. Obviously any number of items could be marketed this way (decals, patches, plaques, etc.).
Why not sell the membership on e-bay not just the decal?

Old 06-20-2007, 07:42 PM

ACRISPY1

Selling the membership on Ebay is a great idea. I don't think that violates any Ebay rules. In any case, If the price is set correctly, they get both the membership and the decal in one package.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:50 PM

Redcross what do you think about selling memberships on ebay?

Old 06-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Honorary -C-I-C-C-I Member
Smile Re: An XFi Store

Quote:
Redcross

I just read the whole strand on the organization and put my application and money in the mail to you. Thanks for the great effort in putting this together.

Thanks. You can see how far we have come.
I would love to be an organization like the National Street Rod Association, but that takes BIG dollars to start out with a large inventory and THEN solicit members.
The only way I know is to SOLICIT MEMBERS and then add more to the benefits as they become available.
There are always a million things that can be done.
Maybe we should develop a list and get volunteers or task members to do certain actions.

- JD

Old 06-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Question Re: An XFi Store

Originally Posted by ben47
Red, I don't want to be argumentative, but let’s do a quick review of what was just said.

You asked…

I answered you…

And you SHOUTED back...

Dude you don’t have to get so uptight, chill. YOU asked the question and I responded with my opinion for whatever it's worth.

So once again, besides a sticker that you've been selling since 2004, what does XFi have going for it to entice the 3,000 plus members of this forum to send you $$$ for your sticker? In case you've never noticed, out of those 3,000 plus people, only a handful are active on this board.

If you want a REAL club, we have to get organized, become sanctioned and all that other good stuff. If the momentum ever picks up for creating a formal club, with a charter, elected officials etc, I’ll be more than happy to support the effort…
The question I asked was a valid one.

You can see what WE have accomplished so far with the Organization.

The question I asked and STILL has not been answered...

What have YOU done to promote the visibility of the CROSSFIRE??

Old 06-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Exclamation Re: An XFi Store

There are a lot of positive things that are surfacing during this thread and it is the time to start a list of "Things to Do"!!

- Sell XFi Membership on EBay
- Contact Magazines
- Recontact Chrysler (new ownership)
- Contact Karmann
- Add products for availability
- Enhance Membership Packet

Help...let's add to the list.

Once formulated we will assign tasks!

Old 06-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody know someone in the magazine business? The upcoming mopar show with all of us attending should be worth something!! A group pic with all the decals visible can't hurt. Maybe have something at the show for possible X-fire owners that show up.

I personally have made up some business cards that I leave or give to X-fire owners I meet with this forum address.

Last edited by crossfirefun; 06-20-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Thumbs up Re: An XFi Store

Originally Posted by crossfirefun
Anybody know someone in the magazine business? The upcoming mopar show with all of us attending should be worth something!! A group pic with all the decals visible can't hurt. Maybe have something at the show for possible X-fire owners that show up.

I personally have made up some business cards that I leave or give to X-fire owners I meet with this forum address.
Excellent idea about sending coverage of the Nats to magazines.
Someone HAS TO be friends with someone at a automobile magazine somewhere.
If not we just need to find out what media to use and read the department listing to find out where to send the packet!!

ALSO, I furnish a Prospective Member Card in the membership packet...but this is the first time I have heard someone make copies or make their own version of the card.
That's promoting the CROSSFIRE!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 PM
FP

Originally Posted by REDCROSS
There are a lot of positive things that are surfacing during this thread and it is the time to start a list of "Things to Do"!!

- Sell XFi Membership on EBay
- Contact Magazines
- Recontact Chrysler (new ownership)
- Contact Karmann
- Add products for availability
- Enhance Membership Packet

Help...let's add to the list.

Once formulated we will assign tasks!
Count me in JD. I'll do whatever it takes. I can provide a conference bridge to facilitate a conference so all interested in helping out can call in. Just a matter of coordinating a time we can all meet.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by REDCROSS
The question I asked was a valid one.

You can see what WE have accomplished so far with the Organization.

The question I asked and STILL has not been answered...

What have YOU done to promote the visibility of the CROSSFIRE??
This is turning into a pissing contest Red, but I'll answer your question and ask a few of my own and
then that's it, no sense on dragging this out between you and me.

Please explain what YOU have ACTUALLY accomplished with what ORGANIZATION??? Selling stickers
does not constitute a club, an organization or anything else.

What have I done, you ask??? Besides being a member of this forum (to include spending a lot of time reading
post from the early years to become familiar with what has been going on here) and telling other owners
I've met about the forum I guess the answer is, NOTHING, which is only a couple of steps less than what
you have... that is unless you count attending a GTG or two in your area (of which most of those attendees,
if not all, no longer post here). Oh, and of course you've been selling your $10 stickers since 2004 to
forum members and adding their names to a forum list. Yeah, you have come a long way.

Now answer my question... you originally asked, "why out of all the members on this board, have so few
joined"? I answered you. WHY does it bother you so much when someone gives YOU a straight up answer???

And, as for the subject of being an elite group that was brought up a few posts above... if you had YOUR way,
it would of been... go back and read the first few pages of this thread. Your original ideas got shot down pretty
quick.

Red, go for it. Sell all the stickers you can and do as you may. This forum is repeating itself. You have a new
crop of people here and a handful want an real club, again go for it, but remember, so did the early members.
Maybe this time you'll get somewhere with the prodding of these NEW members.

One thing you might want to consider doing is, contact all the older members on the other forum that left this forum
several years ago and get them involved with XFi again. I believe it was mainly the group from CA, AZ, and NV that
really got things going with their hook-ups and all. They seem to be the only real active group of Crossfire owners on
the internet or anywhere else (their exploits are well documented here but are buried in this board, you can only find
them by doing a search for them).

Oh, one last thing on YOUR way to becoming a REAL club... how much of a profit has been made from selling those
$10 stickers. They are not that expensive to have made. I've been there and done that with other groups I've been
associated with over the years..

Red, in all sincerity, I really do wish you good luck in forming a REAL Crossfire Club. One with officials, a charter. a mission
statement etc etc etc... maybe, just maybe, the newer folks will take the ball and run with it AND get somewhere
this time...

Last edited by ben47; 06-20-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:12 PM

I just sent an e-mail to Jonathan Maynard of "Domestic Driver Magazine" an on-line magazine, he has posted here before and i have a subscription.

I told him how many cars we have going to the Chrysler Nationals and how we want to promote our club, and if we sent in some pics and an article about the show and our cars would he be able to post it in the Sept/Oct issue.

I know we have a couple of photographers going now all we need is a good writer an volunteers?

I'll let you guys know what he says, here is a link to "Domestic Driver Magazine".

http://www.domesticdriver.com/

Old 06-20-2007, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by ben47
Oh, one last thing on YOUR way to becoming a REAL club... how much of a profit has been made from selling those
$10 stickers. They are not that expensive to have made. I've been there and done that with other groups I've been
associated with over the years...
I posted earlier about how Redcross has been paying for a tent at the Chrysler Nationals without asking for any money, so if it cost me $10 for a sticker and a tent at the show i'm cool with that.

Thanks again JD.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Talking Re: An XFi Store

Originally Posted by acrispy1
I just sent an e-mail to Jonathan Maynard of "Domestic Driver Magazine" an on-line magazine, he has posted here before and i have a subscription.

I told him how many cars we have going to the Chrysler Nationals and how we want to promote our club, and if we sent in some pics and an article about the show and our cars would he be able to post it in the Sept/Oct issue.

I know we have a couple of photographers going now all we need is a good writer an volunteers?

I'll let you guys know what he says, here is a link to "Domestic Driver Magazine".

http://www.domesticdriver.com/
Outstanding. We can get a package together for him after the show. Please check and see what format he would prefer. DVD/CD would be best since almost all of us have gone digital.

Quick Reply: An XFi Store