-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

An XFi Store

Old 06-19-2007, 05:38 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default An XFi Store

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...836#post137836

Maybe the XFi Store, where the XFi club owns the inventory and uses the funds to keep it running. Of course that would mean we formalize the club, and have officers nominated, voted and responsible to reporting the finances on a monthly basis. Might have to charge a bit more for the membership, run a couple of group buys with a profit margin for a start-up. We really don't do much with the club at this time anyway. No offense Red Cross. The club can get more involved with meets and fund raisers.

What do you think guys?

Old 06-19-2007, 05:53 PM
RPM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: An XFi Store

FP, I was just thinking - Are we getting all of the Xfire owners out there on the Net?
If you go to Topix.com, Edmunds.com, etc. - there are Xfire owners on them (many are here too, but still, there are more of 'us' out there).
Do they know that this is THE place to be if you are a Xfire owner?

Do we have cards of some sort that we can leave on unattended Xfires we see - inviting them to the forum, etc.?

Not sure.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:57 PM
FP

Originally Posted by RPM
FP, I was just thinking - Are we getting all of the Xfire owners out there on the Net?
If you go to Topix.com, Edmunds.com, etc. - there are Xfire owners on them (many are here too, but still, there are more of 'us' out there).

Do we have cards of some sort that we can leave on unattended Xfires we see - inviting them to the forum, etc.?

Not sure.
Great point. IMO, this is what the XFI club should be promoting.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FP
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...836#post137836

Maybe the XFi Store, where the XFi club owns the inventory and uses the funds to keep it running. Of course that would mean we formalize the club, and have officers nominated, voted and responsible to reporting the finances on a monthly basis. Might have to charge a bit more for the membership, run a couple of group buys with a profit margin for a start-up. We really don't do much with the club at this time anyway. No offense Red Cross. The club can get more involved with meets and fund raisers.

What do you think guys?
I like that idea lets get organized.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by RPM

Not sure.
Some of those sites don't let you post links to other car sites, i had a problem with Carspace, i put up a link to this site they deleted my post and sent me a warning. Now if anyone wants to know about a club or forums i tell them to e-mail me for the info.
I've turned a few Crossfire owners onto this site and XFi.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Honorary -C-I-C-C-I Member
Question Re: An XFi Store

These are great ideas and I agree with everyone!!
Not trying to sound like a "Defeatist" but...
We have a Hundred Plus members out of Thousands of Crossfire Owners that are registered on this site.
WHY SO FEW HAVE JOINED?
We have a SMALL Group of Folks that are interested in moving forward and I guess a few more that will follow.
WILL TWENTY PEOPLE APPOINTED TO POSITIONS CHANGE THAT??
I have tried over a dozen times to contact anyone at Chrysler for XFI recognition, thinking that would motivate more folks to join and provide their support.
NEVER HAPPENED! CHRYSLER LIKES PT CRUIZERS MORE!
I have tried to get attendance at Carlisle for the Nationals up and FINALLY with Andrews great support we FINALLY got enough attendees to qualify for a Club Tent from Carlisle.
AFTER FOUR YEARS!!!
FP, your great movement to get shirts brought forth twenty plus members out of hundreds.
WHERE WAS THE SUPPORT??
Maybe there is a problem I don't know about.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 PM
FP

Originally Posted by acrispy1
I like that idea lets get organized.
Red Cross heads up the XFi club, so I think we need to get him engaged. I don't mind taking on some of the responsibilities, but would like him on board.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by REDCROSS
We have a Hundred Plus members out of Thousands of Crossfire Owners that are registered on this site.
WHY SO FEW HAVE JOINED?
What does XFi have to offer... a sticker? Hardly an enticement for people to spend money on a non club...

Old 06-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Honorary -C-I-C-C-I Member
Thumbs down Re: An XFi Store

Originally Posted by ben47
What does XFi have to offer... a sticker? Hardly an enticement for people to spend money on a non club...
And YOU have done WHAT...?

Old 06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
FP

WHY SO FEW HAVE JOINED?
We have a SMALL Group of Folks that are interested in moving forward and I guess a few more that will follow.
I have tried over a dozen times to contact anyone at Chrysler for XFI recognition, thinking that would motivate more folks to join and provide their support.
I have tried to get attendance at Carlisle for the Nationals up and FINALLY with Andrews great support we FINALLY got enough attendees to qualify for a Club Tent from Carlisle.
AFTER FOUR YEARS!!!
FP, your great movement to get shirts brought forth twenty plus members out of hundreds.
WHERE WAS THE SUPPORT??
You make a good point regarding support. I get a bit discouraged as well, but we have a bunch of folks here that are passionate about their cars, and seem to be hungry for mods and accessories, and XF gear because not enough aftermarket products are available. So, how do we fix this? Is it lack of support for the club, or is their expectation of a club different. I would like folks to chime in and express their expectations. The poll shows a great deal of the members want a club, yet few enroll. Why, I ask?

Grant it, Chrysler will not pay attention to us. Why should they? But I think we can do some things to help us out, such as finding encouraging companies to make aftermarket parts for us. We can be ambassadors for our cars.

Should we run a poll on these expectations? I would like to hear from everyone on this issue.

Last edited by FP; 06-19-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Forum Regular

Red, I don't want to be argumentative, but let’s do a quick review of what was just said.

You asked…

We have a Hundred Plus members out of Thousands of Crossfire Owners that are registered on this site. WHY SO FEW HAVE JOINED?
I answered you…

Originally Posted by ben47
And you SHOUTED back...

And YOU have done WHAT...?
Dude you don’t have to get so uptight, chill. YOU asked the question and I responded with my opinion for whatever it's worth.

So once again, besides a sticker that you've been selling since 2004, what does XFi have going for it to entice the 3,000 plus members of this forum to send you $$$ for your sticker? In case you've never noticed, out of those 3,000 plus people, only a handful are active on this board.

If you want a REAL club, we have to get organized, become sanctioned and all that other good stuff. If the momentum ever picks up for creating a formal club, with a charter, elected officials etc, I’ll be more than happy to support the effort…

Last edited by ben47; 06-19-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Forum Regular

I'll say this...

It may not be much of a "club" as it is, but it is all we've really got. It's the only XF club I know of and for a lousy $10, it's nice to belong to it regardless of the benefits (or lack of) right now.

Ben, I'm not criticizing you, but isn't your rationale the real problem? And too many others see it the way you do. Come on, it's only 10 bucks and you get a membership card too.

The real problem is that 150 members does not make for much of a club in Chrysler's eyes. If more people joined just for the sake of being a small part of the only XF club around and looked past what the club is now, then maybe XFI would have a better chance of being sanctioned and then being able to live up to your expectations of what this club could, or should be.

Again, it's only 10 bucks and every new member added gives us more leverage.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Forum Regular

I'll also add this...

Why not have a banner at the top of each page reminding people that XFI exists and invites new and veteran forum participants to join up?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:55 PM
FP

Originally Posted by midnightman
I'll also add this...

Why not have a banner at the top of each page reminding people that XFI exists and invites new and veteran forum participants to join up?
I think this is a great idea. Along these lines we can also add a banner for new accessories and XF gear for sale.

Last edited by FP; 06-19-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Forum Regular

As a non-XFi member I thought that I'd comment on why I hadn't joined...I had the opinion that it was an elitist group and I'm more of a regular joe. It has nothing to do with the $10...I'd pay $10 just to participate in this forum. Really, I perceived more value getting advice from the main forum and didn't feel any reason to be part of the select few XFi members.

As to another point already mentioned...who knows that you exist? I was on the forum when the numbers were in the teens, but since then, until this thread I really didn't give it any further thought.

Now don't gang up on me...I am expressing the thoughts that drove my behavior and am not presuming that I speak for anyone else.

Regards,

Old 06-20-2007, 12:43 AM
FP

Originally Posted by markr6754
As a non-XFi member I thought that I'd comment on why I hadn't joined...I had the opinion that it was an elitist group and I'm more of a regular joe. It has nothing to do with the $10...I'd pay $10 just to participate in this forum. Really, I perceived more value getting advice from the main forum and didn't feel any reason to be part of the select few XFi members.

As to another point already mentioned...who knows that you exist? I was on the forum when the numbers were in the teens, but since then, until this thread I really didn't give it any further thought.

Now don't gang up on me...I am expressing the thoughts that drove my behavior and am not presuming that I speak for anyone else.

Regards,
Mark, I appreciate your candid opinion. In fact I wish more folks did. This will at least explain why you're not a member. We can later debate your point of an elitist group, because I don't think that has anything to do with it, but for now we know why you haven't joined this or any other club.

Thanks for your input.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WHY SO FEW HAVE JOINED?
AFTER FOUR YEARS!!!
WHERE WAS THE SUPPORT??
Now I would like to comment on this... I don't want to sound intrusive as I myself never joined the club even though I think of myself as a very active member of the forums... One reason I did not join the club is because the list of "hundred plus" members is not real... it just is not a large number of these members are completely inactive as they have not been to the site in ridiculously long time and others who do not even own a crossfire anymore... and could care less about it...

I think if you want some renovation the first think to be is to simply began rebuilding the list... by doing this I mean remove the whole member list and starting all over... with a larger slightly larger membership fee and a providing of more than a decal... maybe a shirt similar or exactly those that Fernando is so fond of ... This will surely provide me to join and yes organizing meets... and all that good stuff is always positive, but I think it is better to have a club with 15+ active members than a long list of unknowns...

Sorry if this in anyways sounds offensive to anyone who has been putting in work, this is not my intention, I want to be constructive and I want to help out and involve myself in activities regarding the crossfire...

Old 06-20-2007, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by midnightman
I'll say this....

It may not be much of a "club" as it is, but it is all we've really got. It's the only XF club I know of and for a lousy $10, it's nice to belong to it regardless of the benefits (or lack of) right now.

Ben, I'm not criticizing you, but isn't your rationale the real problem? And too many others see it the way you do. Come on, it's only 10 bucks and you get a membership card too.

The real problem is that 150 members does not make for much of a club in Chrysler's eyes. If more people joined just for the sake of being a small part of the only XF club around and looked past what the club is now, then maybe XFI would have a better chance of being sanctioned and then being able to live up to your expectations of what this club could, or should be.

Again, it's only 10 bucks and every new member added gives us more leverage.
I agree with you 100%, i want to see this club grow, i also like many of FP's ideas, we can try and expand on what we have along with redcross.

I just want to say what he has done with the Chrysler Nationals as far as getting us a spot at the show and paying for the tent, now being 3 years in a row that he has spent his own money never asking anyone for a dime is enough for me.

Thanks J.D. looking forward to seeing you at the other members at Carlisle.

Last edited by acrispy1; 06-20-2007 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:19 AM
FP

So I guess the XFi sponsored store may be a while, so how about having a sticky in the "Parts and Accessories" forum for ready to buy accessories/gear in the short term. Medium term, a crossfire store at the top of the forum? Andrew is this something that you or Julian can do? I see other forums where they have sponsors at the top.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:58 PM
RPM
Lightbulb Re: An XFi Store

If Chrysler won't recognize us, can we be recognized by Karmann - as they actually built the car?
If Karmann is a no go, we may want to try for Mercedes-Benz. IMO, we would have a better chance of them recognizing us than Chrysler.

Just some ideas . . .

Quick Reply: An XFi Store