-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

Ways to get more Xfire owners involved, etc.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:54 PM
RPM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Ways to get more Xfire owners involved, etc.

Hello everyone.

I, and others, have been thinking of new/different ways to get additional Crossfire enthusiasts involved with the forum and XFi (as discussed at Woodward).

I'm going to throw a few ideas out there and see what you guys think.

1. How about business cards or something similar that we can hand out to Crossfire owners/drivers and leave on Crossfires we see parked, etc.
If this is deemed a good idea, should each person interested in doing it create their own cards, or should XFi have a default card that can be handed out/mailed to members for further distribution?
There are a couple of different ways we could do it. The cards could state something like: Did you know there is a Crossfire Club and Forum? Etc. or You are hereby invited to join the Chrysler Crossfire International Club Etc.
Each would list the website, etc.
*Note - I think some of the guys over at CrossfireCommunity.net do this.

2. I'm thinking we need to search for other Crossfire enthusiasts online. For instance, today I Googled 'Crossfires on Woodward' to see if we got any press, got noticed, etc. Sure enough it pulls up a thread on Edmund's CarSpace Crossfire forum. Someone saw us and posted about it. Another poster wished there was a Crossfire Club.
I signed up and posted a reply saying that a Crossfire Club was at Woodward and listed the forum website and an email address I set up specifically for prospective member messaging. A couple of them had their email addresses listed, so I also shot them individual emails informing them about us and inviting them over.
This is the site: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef0e9e2
There is another one at Topix.net: http://www.topix.net/forum/autos/chrysler-crossfire

3. Publicity of some sort. I'm thinking that with the GTGs we have across the country, the people involved might want to start contacting newspapers or local journals, etc. to tell them about it. Sometimes people are itching for stories, especially small County or local publications.
*Note - If memory serves me correct, this has been done and was successful in the past (perhaps it was the CrossfireCommunity.net guys, can't remember).

Anyway - Just some thoughts. Feel free to fire back some replies - .

Old 08-20-2007, 06:10 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Ways to get more Xfire owners involved, etc.

Great ideas, and thanks for the info you provided. I think the card idea is a good one. I will start doing so right away.
Another idea, and I think someone had mentioned this before; We should have the membership on e-bay. I'm sure many crossfire owners are posting and bidding on e-bay, and when they come across the XFi membership they may be pleasantly surprised. A link to the forum can be added.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to long ago i posted this forums web address in Carspace, the Admin deleted the post and informed me i can not post another forum's address.
I then posted if anyone wants to know about a Crossfire club and forum to e-mail me, i received about 3 e-mails so far.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Crossfirefun came up with a business card that he has been using and he shared it with us at Carlisle last month. It mentions both sites and looks as though it would be quite effective. I bought some card stock but have yet to copy his example or come up with my own...still waiting for that rainy day. Anyway, I'm sure he will share his design with you as well for you to adopt, or modify, as needed.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Dan.
Here is a copy of my business card that I leave at all the crossfires I see. I used a free program from Avery called designpro v4.0. I can email the card to those that want it and it can be modified accordingly.

Last edited by crossfirefun; 08-20-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Good ideas, I placed a link to the forum on my CarDomain page. I've got 4,500 hits in the last three months, so there is interest for the Crossfire among car enthusiasts. There are 104 XFs on CarDomain but only about 15 to 20 forum members. I'll keep on promoting it.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
Good ideas, I placed a link to the forum on my CarDomain page. I've got 4,500 hits in the last three months, so there is interest for the Crossfire among car enthusiasts. There are 104 XFs on CarDomain but only about 15 to 20 forum members. I'll keep on promoting it.
Forgot about CarDomain, i did the same.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Life is random...so am I.

All great ideas...better than my method of shouting at them like a madman when we're flying down the e-way!

I know I've seen other clubs making and installing the front window tints with their organization name on it, though I really don't want one on my car. Pretty sure nobody else wants that on their car either.

I'm also working some people in DCX on a way of "spreading the word"!

Old 08-22-2007, 06:39 PM
RPM
Smile Re: Ways to get more Xfire owners involved, etc.

Hmmm. Some good ideas here.
I'm going to craft business cards to hand out, put on Crossfires I see, etc. I'll post a pic once I finish.

FP - The eBay membership idea is brilliant. It would be fairly cheap too.

I think the membership is really low at $10 for life! There was some talk of raising the price at Woodward. I'm thinking it might be a good idea for Senna to do an announcement thread when and if he raises it, that may push people who have been holding off to join.
Also, what perks does the membership offer? We need to think about that.

Update on the other forums (i.e. CarSpace, etc.). I emailed 2 folks over there (both in MI) and told them about us, gave them my email address, and sure enough - the registered here yesterday.

I'm going to try and get more and more people involved. I wonder how many other members will do so. Perhaps we should set up a poll thread to see how many people are willing to track down other Xfire owners online, hand out business cards, etc.

What do you all think?

Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by acrispy1
Forgot about CarDomain, i did the same.
Acrispy referred me to this site through cardomain... big thanks!

Old 08-23-2007, 11:15 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM
Perhaps we should set up a poll thread to see how many people are willing to track down other Xfire owners online, hand out business cards, etc.

What do you all think?
I think this is a good idea. We all have to be ambassadors to the forum, XFi, and the Crossfire.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:12 PM

I'm doing my part...I chased down 2 crossfires today. Talked to both owners.

I showed them the hood trick, neither of them knew about it either! I casually mentioned that being part of a community of thousands can only help with their understanding of their cars!

Probably 2 new members!

Old 08-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I started a XFi Group home page on CarDomain, Hopefully more CarDomain CrossFire owners will join the forum. There are currently 104 Crossfire on Car Domain.
Joining CarDomain is totally free.

Check out the XFi Home page:
http://groups.cardomain.com/groups/13382/pages/13950

Old 08-25-2007, 12:14 AM

I made a video of my crossfire with the fuses pulled for the stability control program, and posted it on youtube tonight. (mostly to prove to HDDP that a crossfire can exceed 5,000 rpm with the stability program disabled)!

I made sure to mention our forum in the description!

Old 08-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

Well after arriving home from Woodward last Sunday I was driving up the street I live on and what do I see ??? A 2005 Crossfire coupe (Black) parked in a driveway. So I stopped and approached the garage where a couple of guys were working on another vehicle and I introduced myself and met the young owner of the Crossfire. He had bought it recently and was unaware of this or any other Crossfire forum. At that moment I was wishing I had one of those fancy cards that FP carries around with him. I gave him a piece of paper with the forum link written on it. I wrote my screen name and asked him to log in and have a look. I encouraged him to create a ID and join the forum. I hope he did or does.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:53 PM
RPM
Question Re: Ways to get more Xfire owners involved, etc.

Originally Posted by RPM
I'm going to craft business cards to hand out, put on Crossfires I see, etc. I'll post a pic once I finish.
I finished, however I haven't had time to go out and get business card paper for printing. Once I print one out, I'll scan it in for viewing.

Originally Posted by RPM
FP - The eBay membership idea is brilliant. It would be fairly cheap too.
Any update on this?

Anybody have other ideas on what we can do to get more active involvement with the Crossfires?

Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 PM

There's a new website that I posted to...it caters to the automobile enthusiast.

I added a link to our forum there!

http://www.enginehead.com

It's still in beta, so there's no guarantee it'll take off...But it seems pretty sharp.