-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

www.crossfireinternational.com

Old 08-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: www.crossfireinternational.com

Originally Posted by FP
Have you coordinated with Dave (senaspirit) how it will feed him the applications? He should make this a sticky under the XFi forum.
FP,

Dave has his own crossfireinternational-dot-com email; where registration information is automatically sent...

He is up to date...

Just updated the second page with flash animation... Much nicer... Temporary links installed for XFi Store - linked to your sticky in the forum FP.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
MIXFIRE... You have set up an awesome site here on cardomain. I was just checking it out and I love it.
Great Job !!!
Thanks, are you considering putting up your own page? It would create another link to the Crossfire forum.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome introduction. My only suggestion would be to show each of the pictures in the introduction just a little bit longer. You have some great pictures. Some flash by too quickly to fully enjoy them. You could use some of the time at the end of the song when just the XFI logo is showing.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:17 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I just took another look it, and I think it's awesome.

Thanks for adding the link for the XFi store.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rhacker382
FP,

..Just updated the second page with flash animation... Much nicer...
I'm not certain it's relevant to your needs for this site but search engines ignore flash sites -
they can't read flash.
If you seek SEO (search engine optimization) you'll need to use many other tricks and they are time consuming.
...but personally, I wouldn't worry about it, if you're heavily piggy-backed to this site.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by V-12
I'm not certain it's relevant to your needs for this site but search engines ignore flash sites -
they can't read flash.
If you seek SEO (search engine optimization) you'll need to use many other tricks and they are time consuming.
...but personally, I wouldn't worry about it, if you're heavily piggy-backed to this site.
Thanks for the input... Now that you mention it - it does make sense about search engines not reading animation sites...

I will have to tag the pages some how...

Old 08-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice & I love the "Intro" also!
Also. I noted that at the end of the Intro (After watching it all) you still had to Click "Skip Intro", can this be changed so that after watching it, it would take you directly to the Home page w/o clicking Skip Intro?
Congratulation on a Great site for the Crossfire & Thank you!

Bill

Old 08-26-2007, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
Thanks, are you considering putting up your own page? It would create another link to the Crossfire forum.
MI1XFIRE, I did & just joined your/our Group, I'm number 3.
Thank you for starting it!

Bill (SilverFox2)

Last edited by SilverFox; 09-21-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Forum Regular

if I might ask, what is the purpose of this site?

Old 08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Forum Regular

I think what you've done so far is great. When (or is this something you're proposing) did we start a Crossfire Registry? I suggested this a long time ago as I believe its vital if you want to establish a "Heritage" to our cars. This to me says they're something of value and their birth and life tracked and held in high regard. We'll never get a majority of owners to list their cars but at least the enthusiasts can feel good about our Marquee. This is how the Registry is set up for one of my other favorite cars http://www.trregistry.com/start/regi...defaultTR6.php. Perhaps whoever has the computer savvy and is setting it up can use this as a model.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Forum Regular

This is a great start. I do agree with Mike-in-Orange about the intro. It is long but if the speed was increased it should make it "feel" shorter. Here are a few other items that I would suggest to be revisited.

1. Image transitions – I think these could be made more fun and cutting edge as our cars are. Knowing how cool these cars are I think a more mainstream or "Web 2.0" look would really wake up the site.
2. Navigation buttons – The first time you visit the homepage the load is neat seeing them fall into place, however once I go to another link and then decide to go back the buttons should already be there ready for me. In other words the buttons should only load once.
3. Typefaces – These can use a more modern touch as well. A cool sans serif font would work well with the style of the car. If you wanted to go a step up I would even suggest searching for a cool art deco font to really bring the character of the car into the site design.
4. Under Construction graphics – I realize these are temporary but again the hardhat, the way the type comes in & the font are all dated.
5. Image resolution/sizing – Again as Mike noted this is a huge area where a site can fall short. Seeing an image that is distorted or is too low of a resolution doesn't lend well to a visitor's experience. I'm finding that half of web design is just getting the production side of things in proper order so the end result is stunning.

I am a Graphic Designer by profession who has recently ventured into the area of Web Design. I have 8 years experience in print & sign design so going over to the web is quite a change. Here is my personal site. If you have any questions or want some specific examples just let me know and I'll do some research and pass along some links.

Last edited by msheredy; 08-29-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by SilverFox
MI1XFIRE, I did & just joined your/our Group, I'm number 3.
Thank you for starting it!

Bill (SilverFox2)
Thanks and you're welcome SilverFox. It is our group that I'm trying to promote. I added a pic of your car and a link to your page.

FP,
I also added a link to the accessories and gear page.

http://groups.cardomain.com/groups/13382/pages/13950

Old 08-27-2007, 05:17 PM
FP

FP,
I also added a link to the accessories and gear page.

Thanks, I appreciate the work you're doing.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:32 PM
FP

MI1XFIRE, I just joined as well. I'm number 4.

Thanks again.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MI1XFIRE,

Do you have any information on the picture between the "Standard" and the "Timeless" screen shots?

As I posted earlier, I love the intro but I do wish that it was slower so that it could be enjoyed more. For those that think that the intro is too long - they can always skip over it.

Keep up the great work.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by stlouistrucker
MI1XFIRE,

Do you have any information on the picture between the "Standard" and the "Timeless" screen shots?

As I posted earlier, I love the intro but I do wish that it was slower so that it could be enjoyed more. For those that think that the intro is too long - they can always skip over it.

Keep up the great work.
rhacker382 is the guy that's putting this site together, so Ill let him answer your question. I didn't mean to hijack his thread, I was just trying to promote it as well as the forum on my CarDomain XFi group page. Sorry for creating the confusion.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by stlouistrucker
MI1XFIRE,

Keep up the great work.
I was waiting for someone to ask...

The car during "timeless" is the D'Elegance. A coupe prototype of Chryslers from 1952/1953... The car never saw production. There were a handful built... Some have been sold at auction for anywhere from $400,000 to slightly over $1.5 million.

It's long front, rounded rear, and near crossing lines remind me quite a bit of our cars - classic good looks.

There is a better shot of one attached to this post...

Chrysler was developing cars and borrowing styling cues from VW Ghia... Another example is the "Falcon Coupe and Droptop" a concept car which followed a year or two after D'Elegance, but has a boxy rear end.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
031_delegance1.jpg (52.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 08-27-2007, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by rhacker382
There is a better shot of one attached to this post...
Great find. And great whitewalls too.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by maxxm
Great find. And great whitewalls too.
Imagine if the Crossfire was introduced in the 1950s that may have been what it would have looked like... I bet that car probably weighs 5,000 lbs...

Old 08-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

MI1XFIRE, I just joined as well. I'm number 5.

PS ...On the main forum/ group home page you have the links for Crossfire website and Crossfire International forum switched.
CROSSFIRE WEBSITE opens Crossfire International and XFi INTERNATIONAL FORUM opens Crossfire website.

Last edited by Valk; 08-28-2007 at 05:52 PM.