-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

If you don't want to join the XFi Club

Old 03-15-2008, 11:49 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Question If you don't want to join the XFi Club

For those of you who have not included yourself in the other Crossfire International Club Poll.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...539#post211539
I would like to hear if you're not interest in joining, and why.

Just want some objective input/feedback.

Thanks

Old 04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
FP
Default Re: If you don't want to join the XFi Club

Bump..........................

Old 04-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FP good looking lady by your car I need a black xf maybe I could get me someting like that

Old 04-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
For those of you who have not included yourself in the other Crossfire International Club Poll.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...539#post211539
I would like to hear if you're not interest in joining, and why.

Just want some objective input/feedback.

Thanks

There's no option for me to choose on that poll. Here's the option I would need added in order to cast my vote:

I am not an XFi member; I will not pay to be a part of any car "club" and/or website

Old 04-20-2008, 05:58 AM
Forum Regular

FP,

I guess I can't figure an advantage in a separate club. Any one in the forum can now contact each other with a PM if they wish to communicate privately. What would the club members possibly have to talk about that would exclude any general forum members?

I already consider the forum a club of sorts. The Dragon & Woodward are open to any who wish to attend.

I find this forum extremely informative and a lot of fun too. I really think that the administrators and moderators deserve a lot of credit for maintaining this forum and would not mind an annual dues to use it. Along with the user dues would come an automatic club membership with a Crossfire membership decal.

I hope this is taken as constructive and if I don't understand the benefits of club membership please let me know.

Best Regards

Old 04-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a copy/paste of my post from the other thread... and my stance remains the same...

Here is my oppinion take it for what it is worth.. since I joined the Crossfire Forum.. in Mid 2006 I have been a very active member and crossfire lover constantly giving and receiving feedback/advice on modifications, methods of handling the vehicle and other things.. but I have never joined the XFi because from the start I did not see it as a crossfire club, but more of a sticker vendor that adds your name to a meaningless list of people before you that have purchased those same stickers... I guess that is alright... in some sense..

I think that this club needs a major overhaul and new people need to be appointed into control.. those that pop into my mind are FP, Valk, and SilverFox for obvious reasons and I think few would disagree with me here.. My Suggestions are like this.. deleate this useless list as many of those owners havent owned a crossfire in years and many others don't participate in the forum or anywhere for that matter.. Start another list with a higher enterance admission and organize a bigger package of enterance admission items than just simply stickers, organize large-scale meets such as Fox's Spring Dragon.. Create Roll calls where members have to sign in at least once in a while.. limit it to United States and possibly Canada owners only and change the name to something else like XFN (Crossfire National)... work for manufacturer discounts that are avaliable only to the XFi members and just general crossfire forum members as this will create a benefit to being in XFi and will interest people to join..

That is my 2 cents, take it for what it is worth, but realize that till something is done.. this part of the forum will remain dead...

Old 04-20-2008, 09:25 AM
FP

Originally Posted by Sidez
This is a copy/paste of my post from the other thread... and my stance remains the same...

Here is my oppinion take it for what it is worth.. since I joined the Crossfire Forum.. in Mid 2006 I have been a very active member and crossfire lover constantly giving and receiving feedback/advice on modifications, methods of handling the vehicle and other things.. but I have never joined the XFi because from the start I did not see it as a crossfire club, but more of a sticker vendor that adds your name to a meaningless list of people before you that have purchased those same stickers... I guess that is alright... in some sense..

I think that this club needs a major overhaul and new people need to be appointed into control.. those that pop into my mind are FP, Valk, and SilverFox for obvious reasons and I think few would disagree with me here.. My Suggestions are like this.. deleate this useless list as many of those owners havent owned a crossfire in years and many others don't participate in the forum or anywhere for that matter.. Start another list with a higher enterance admission and organize a bigger package of enterance admission items than just simply stickers, organize large-scale meets such as Fox's Spring Dragon.. Create Roll calls where members have to sign in at least once in a while.. limit it to United States and possibly Canada owners only and change the name to something else like XFN (Crossfire National)... work for manufacturer discounts that are avaliable only to the XFi members and just general crossfire forum members as this will create a benefit to being in XFi and will interest people to join..

That is my 2 cents, take it for what it is worth, but realize that till something is done.. this part of the forum will remain dead...
Sidez, great ideas. That's exactly what we are doing, and plan to do. I hope you continue with your input, and participate in the soon to be scheduled conference. You don't have to be a current member to voice your ideas. Hopefully if the club becomes what many of us want of it, you will join.

This is why I started this thread. I want to hear objective and constructive feed back. If we want this club to be a "real car club" it's not going to be run by just one person handing out stickers. No offense meant to the founder. I think he did a very nice job getting the club from point "A" to point "B". Now it's time to bring it to the next level.
We need all of you to participate. Maybe you can start logging your ideas in this thread.

Last edited by FP; 04-20-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:53 PM

I think there is a difference between forum and club. I'm not that knowledgeable about either but I searched a few different car clubs including the Corvette site, sites. Big group with many activities nationally and state wide, $160 a year. I was still able to access their site and read just about everything. Is this what you are wanting?

Last edited by blackberry; 04-20-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey FP what's up? When I lived in Waukegan, IL at Great Lakes Naval Station, I was a MY3KGT.com member because I also own a 3000GT. They get like a 10 to 15% discount at Libertville Mitsubishi if I remember right. That is how I ordered a brand new Motor and Rack and Pinion for my car at discount. I think dealers and parts stores will do this if they are shown how many members this forum actually has. These dealers can be approached and request some kind of discount to the members if you advertise them on your website. I like discounts best thing next to free. Being that I am in the MIL' and I have to move all the time, I am always looking for new places to buy my car stuff.

JMO

Old 04-23-2008, 03:15 AM

Is there a sports car association that we would want to join to increase the value of the club? Looks like they not only work on rallys, but car shows and driving classes. Maybe a Crossfire Road-e-o?

Old 05-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Forum Regular

I've been to this site a few times because I have a sebring. Maybe this might help. www.aseclub.net

Old 05-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 450 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Sidez 04-20-2008
I think that this club needs a major overhaul and new people need to be appointed into control.. those that pop into my mind are FP, Valk, and SilverFox for obvious reasons and I think few would disagree with me here.. My Suggestions are like this.. delete this useless list as many of those owners haven't owned a crossfire in years and many others don't participate in the forum or anywhere for that matter.. Start another list with a higher entrance admission and organize a bigger package of entrance admission items than just simply stickers, organize large-scale meets. Create Roll calls where members have to sign in at least once in a while and change the name to something else like XFN (Crossfire National)... work for manufacturer discounts that are available only to the XFi members and just general crossfire forum members as this will create a benefit to being in XFi and will interest people to join.
Quote FP: 04-20-2008
Sidez, great ideas. That's exactly what we are doing, and plan to do. I hope you continue with your input, and participate in the soon to be scheduled conference. You don't have to be a current member to voice your ideas. Hopefully if the club becomes what many of us want of it, you will join.

This is why I started this thread. I want to hear objective and constructive feed back. If we want this club to be a "real car club" it's not going to be run by just one person handing out stickers. No offense meant to the founder. I think he did a very nice job getting the club from point "A" to point "B". Now it's time to bring it to the next level.

We need all of you to participate. Maybe you can start logging your ideas in this thread.

Quote: Valk
I feel this is the direction that we are heading exactly.
I wish Sidez was still with us to be part of the restructure.
He was a young guy with good ideas.
He would have been a welcome member to the club.
RIP Sidez

Last edited by Valk; 05-23-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:54 PM
FP

Originally Posted by FP

Valky, This was my last message to sidez. Sad.....................

Old 05-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 450 Likes on 317 Posts

WOW I didn't realize that.
Well at least he went out with a compliment for his input from a admired member of this forum.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

clubs have a lot things that just communicating on here will not get you...meets, shows, contests, travel, and the possibilities are limitless...whether you want to join or not, its what you want from all this...if you just want to chat, share info, the forum is fine...you can even arrange mtgs like Woodward, and the Dragon....but to take it to the next step, you need a club...to organize shows, contests, discounts, (which I am working on), or you just have your own little clicks...which I am not interested in...I don't drag race anymore, but I remember when I did, and I enjoy reading about all those that do on here, I enjoy those who share autocross which I have an interest in...but I have enjoyed this forum and will continue to share and learn...but I enjoy the comradery of belonging to something more, so I am interested in the XF Club being formed again, and I am also interested in forming an IN Club, so we can all do what we want but lets not knock those for trying something new, there is room for all of us and our passions...again, just my .02...and as for Sidez, once the club is going, I think we can come up with an award or trophy for "best of show" or something of this nature....the Sidez Award...or Sidez Trophy...

Old 05-23-2008, 07:12 PM
FP

Very good perspective and a great idea on the trophy.

Thanks for your input.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:48 PM
RPM

Originally Posted by FP
Very good perspective and a great idea on the trophy.

Thanks for your input.
Ditto. Very nice.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Originally Posted by RPM
Ditto. Very nice.
I'll third that!

Just the other day I was wondering if there was a way we could recognize Sidez, and his contributions to the Crossfire community. This seems like a great way to do just that.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:26 PM
FP

I just got an e-mail from a member who sent payment. PLEASE do not sent payment for the membership as we do not know where that money is going. We will let you know how much the membership will be, and where to send your fees later.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:16 PM

I've been a member of the forum for awhile now, even though I don't post much, I guess I consider myself a part of this community. I'd like to state some issues I have with the "new" XFi.

I don't see why XFi has to have their own forum. I feel the creation of this club in this way threatens crossfireforum.org. I feel like FP, RPM, valk, speed racer... will hereby treat crossfireforum.org as a second class citizen.

Why does there need to be a secret XFi version of "technical modifications?" Are you guys going to only post your modifications and tips in XFi, skipping over this forum? If not, what's stopping you? More importantly, what reassurance do I have that you won't do such thing? It feels as if you guys are giving regular crossfireforum members the bird, and unless we fork up $100 and membership fees are we going to be able to appreciate the company of some amazing forum members. Open up your XFi forums please! Make everything transparent!

Speaking of transparency, will you guys have a transparent budget? Where does the money go?

Last edited by breezytrees; 12-23-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Quick Reply: If you don't want to join the XFi Club