-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

2012 - NCCAR (Track and AutoCross weekend) Sign-In

Old 04-24-2012, 06:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2012 - NCCAR (Track and AutoCross weekend) Sign-In

I'm registered both at NCCAR and at the hotel.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJPowers
I'm registered both at NCCAR and at the hotel.
Welcome aboard!!!

List Updated

Old 04-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Forum Regular

For anyone in the area of Northern NJ...

I have just finished a meeting with the Owner and the head of service at Johnson Chrysler, one of our sponsors at CICCI, and they are offering any CICCI Member a free car inspection and maintainance report before heading off to NCCAR.

We dropped off one of the cars this evening and will get the other one inspected next week.

PM me if you would like to arrange for this and I'll help set-it up for you.

Last edited by TBird; 04-25-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Forum Regular

Bump... There is still time to Register!!

Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Forum Regular

There is Still Time to Join Us in North Carolina....

Last edited by TBird; 05-09-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:01 PM

Crossfire Owners, the CICCI @NCCAR, Roanoke Rapids, NC is quickly approaching. If you're a "pending attendee", please confirm your registration. If you're attending and havent registered yet, please do so as soon as possible. It's gonna be a great time for all. Join us !!!

Attendance list:

(01) AndrewT - R - H
(02) Sterling - R - H
(03) Rhacker - R - H
(04) Chas - R - H
(05) JediRacer - R
(06) srt6-xfire - R - H
(07) acrispy1 - R - H
(08) LaLaoggia - R - H
(09) Tom2112 - R
(10) effigy - R - H
(11) AllXdup - R
(12) DGSpikes - R - H
(13) StopBandit - R - H
(14) BigKid - R
(15) MJPowers - R - H
(16) zip439 - (Pending)
(17) TomG - (Pending)
(18) XFireBlake - (Pending)
(19) SteveH - (Pending)
(20) MikeP - (Pending)

Old 05-14-2012, 07:46 AM

just over 2 weeks to go, you can still register. Going to be fun.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Forum Regular

Helmets are in, cars checked over, full service completed. Just finished planning our trip down, stopping over one night to make it a little easier on the drive.

Still time to join us. This will be the first tiime Crossfire's will be running on a 2.2 mile open Road Course as a Club with professional driver training one day and track time the second day all on your own. It's going to be a great weekend trip.

Check into C-I-C-C-I for more deatils....

Old 05-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Forum Regular

If you are bring a guest and / or plan on taking a few minutes to sit and watch the days events. Please be advised that there is "no seating / bleachers" anywhere on the track. An area has been set aside on a raised hill, which is a safe distance from the track, for those wishing to observe the driving events. You will need to provide your own chairs and sun protection. The track area is a very large open area, so bring your sun screen, hat, etc...

Old 05-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Forum Regular

There is still time for the last minute drivers who would like to get in on this event. We have a couple of extra Instructors waiting in the wings to assist if we need them.

For anyone who is interested in joining us, let me know ASAP.

As of this morning, we have 36 Drivers and Instructors lined up for this event.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Forum Regular

UPDATE: Lunch, food, beverages...

Lunch will be served both days and hosted by NCCAR. It will include all the favorites "bbq - southern style" including burgers, dogs, pork, chicken, etc.. You will recieve a ticket for lunch on Saturday which is already included in your registration fees and any additional lunch's you may have purchased. Lunch will also be available on Friday, so plan accordingly. If you want to bring your own, you are more than welcome to do so, but you can't keep anything in your cars that can roll around while driving. Personnal items can be place in the Main Facility / Classroom building, but will be at your own risk. We are the only people using the facility, so I think it will be safe enough.

If anyone has any questions, please post them up and I'll get back to you quickly!

8 DAYS and Counting ! ! ! !

Old 06-04-2012, 07:58 AM

We had a fantastic time @ North Carolina Center for Automotive Research, NCCAR Inc. with other members of the Crossfire club even with my car giving me problems, throwing codes for MAF and Throttle Position sensor and going in limp mode. Fred our Crossfire tech we had on hand was very helpful, cleared codes and offered to get me the parts and send them out to me. Nice to see and be with some familiar faces and meeting new ones.It was a great experience racing on a track. Another item scratched off my bucket list.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Forum Regular

I also had a great time, my instructor could not have been more helpful.
This event will be one I remember for a long time. If anyone was interested but decided not to go, trust me you made a mistake. So if it is offered again next year go, you will have a good time, the only thing I could suggest is come Solo not a whole lot for significant other to do while you are in class or on track.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 PM

weather-a-
hampton inn and free popcorn-a
nccar and staff-a+
asphaltventures and instructors-a+
cicci and com crews-a+
chrysler crossfire-a++
master crossfire technician-fred megandhartt-a++++
travel traffic-b-

What a great weekend of driving, socializing and friendship.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Forum Regular

Well I’ve been working like crazy since I got back, but tonight I finally had some time to write a little something about this wonderful event. To begin with, I can’t thank Simon Cobb and the people at NCCAR enough times for allowing our Club to come and use their facilities. One of the main reasons I choose to hold this at NCCAR was greatly in part to the open arms I received when describing who we are, the Club and our cars. Simon was genuinely interested in our Crossfire’s running the track and seeing what they are capable of doing. Being that most of us are basically beginners at this type of thing, they made us feel very welcome and accommodated our every need, including a place to keep our belonging, a working service bay and all the comforts anyone could ask for. The food they provided was great and their assistance in the entire event was extremely gracious.

The second big “Thank You” goes out to the folks at Asphalt Ventures. Stacy, Chuck and Dan kept us all in sink from the classrooms to the track, meeting up with our instructors, setting up the autocross and showing us the best line around the road course. The Friday night Pace Laps really helped to set our minds to the task of driving the next day. It was crazy watching Chuck take that V-Dub around the course at those speeds and not have the things roll over, lol. Saturday morning started right in on track time and classroom lectures. I was fortunate to be in the first group to get out on the course. My instructor, Rick, was the greatest guy. After only two laps he had me running at speeds of 105 down the straights. I never felt more secure having someone with his experience sitting beside me to teach me the ropes. The rest of the day was spent going back and forth from the classroom to learn more techniques and then back out on the track for about 40 minutes to put that info to the test. Many people spend lunch talking with their instructors and even going for a ride in their cars. I know Ray got to ride in a Z06 with his instructor and they just tore up the track. Everyone was extremely nice and all commented on how well we did as first timer’s and said they would gladly come back and work with us again. I’ve been to many events, and the Dragon is fun, don’t get me wrong, but this was by far the most fun you could ever imagine having in your Crossfire. These cars just stuck to the road like they were glued there. I only had to let off a few times in the corners, and these cars just pulled themselves right back in the groove. I think the cars enjoyed being driven just as much as we enjoyed driving them. The information I gained about driving, safety and handling my Crossfire was without a doubt, worth every penny.

My next big ‘Thanks” goes out to Fred. He gave everything he had to offer, and then some, to help each and every one of us with our cars. , from tightening our lugs between runs, to servicing our cars. Fixing Chas’s battery cable…lol (great story there!!!), to Tom’s slipped belt, to Tony’s car dropping into limp mode for a while, to changing fluids, checking front end aliagnments, differential fluid changes, etc, etc, etc… Without Fred’s help and expertise at this event, I think a few of us would have been at a loss with our cars or we would still be sitting in NC at the local shop, watching some mechanic ask us “what kind of car is this again”, but seriously…. Thank You Fred!!!! You can come and join us anytime you want my friend.

I guess the last, but not least of my Thanks, goes out to our sponsors and those who helped all along the way. To Ray, Chas and Tony - for giving up a few days of your time to make the ride down to NCCAR and assist in setting this up. To Grace, my wife, for dealing with me over the past year, my late nights planning a budget, making time schedules, filing paperwork, reading contracts, etc. To Pricilla West at our host hotel, John Johnson at Johnson Chrysler for some very nice goodie bag items, Adam and Dylan at Adam’s Polishes and all those who lent a hand to help out. Thank You all, again.

My final note…. Someone said to me after this was over if there was any regrets. The answer… the regrets would be for those who couldn’t make it. They missed out on an extraordinary opportunity and only hope they can make it to the next one.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Forum Regular

Visit the CICCI pages for full photos, video and more info.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 455 Likes on 321 Posts