-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

What Happened ?

Old 10-12-2006, 12:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What Happened ?

Originally Posted by maxxm
They really do....
heehee.

Hey...have you posted about your "green interior LED lighting"? I'm interested in doing some interior lighting mods. Do you have pics?

Old 10-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by David Burns
Why? What happened?

We need a Cross-Up. Now that I work from home, I've put less than 3,000 miles on in over a year, and most of that was a couple trips to Kitty Hawk.

By the way, put in the K&N's, and just bought the cargo cover. Gotta figure out how to install that thing, the instructions SUCK.
Dave, ask Andrew about the cover, he and I discussed the installation at the Mopar Nationals this past summer, he said the rear hooks were tricky to get positioned. I'm sure he'll have some good install info for you.

Old 10-12-2006, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Dave, ask Andrew about the cover, he and I discussed the installation at the Mopar Nationals this past summer, he said the rear hooks were tricky to get positioned. I'm sure he'll have some good install info for you.
Somebody had posted some better instructions and pictures in here somewhere, back when the cover first became available in the USA. I just gotta find that post (or web link).

Old 10-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David Burns
heehee. Hey...have you posted about your "green interior LED lighting"? I'm interested in doing some interior lighting mods. Do you have pics?
Don't have pix yet, but the bulbs were from superlumination.com (also on www.autolumination.com) -- two 4-LED #194's for the dome and the 9-LED festoon bulb (44 mm) for the cargo area.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I will respond to the off topic conversation here...

I had no problem installing the cargo cover in my Crossfire.

The main trick to getting the rear hook anchors in place is to carefully measure and drill the holes in the plastic cover per the template supplied with the kit.

Then secure the anchor arm with the main bolt left slightly loose. Then, by reaching through the small access area to the anchor, you can swing it up so the holes line up. I found it was much easier to sit cross legged in the rear cargo area to do this.

If this is not an option then you will find yourself bending over the hatch rim and trying to view and struggle with the anchor.

Using a fluorescent drop light in the cargo area will also make it easier to see the holes line up.

Good luck.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

HDDP, are you only concern about the engine? Or the look and body too?
Because I can help with the body, I Know the right company if we want to get a full body kit design for $675+ shipping and a xfire from California gets it free see below:

Custom Body Kits.

START A GROUP BUY FOR A CUSTOM BODY KIT
WE CAN MAKE ANY STYLE KIT FOR ANY CAR...

That's right, we make custom body kit (s) for any car, and any style you choose, we are a body kit and spoiler manufacturer. Your shop, or you can start a group buy on any message boards/groups, and the original starter who organizes the group buy, and decides on a style body kit, it could be any style, will get a really good deal on their kit for their car.

Info on the custom kit:
  1. Each group buy has to be the same style kit, and the same years.
  2. All we need is 10 pre-orders of the same custom kit you choose $675.00 x 10 people with the same car, and want the same design kit (that is a complete kit!) add shipping is paid upon delivery FREIGHT COLLECT. (you don't pay for shipping upfront, you pay for shipping when your kit arrives) we would need to ship to a business address (any business address will do, like your work, or a body shop).
  3. After we get the pre-orders, we would need a sponsor car to prototype the kit on in CALIFORNIA, of course the sponsor car will get a FREE Kit, but first we would need the pre-orders and the group buy organized and pre-paid before hand. (please do not email us for sponsorships for this).
  4. After the group buy is complete, allow 5-7 weeks for us to make the kit, and we can ship the kits our after. We do not make custom kits for one car. we only make custom kits for group buys of 10 orders minimum. Email us for inquiries regarding group buys for a custom design body kit).
http://www.bodykits.org/

If this is a good idea will more the thread to "Group Buys" and get a list going. If not please disregard this message.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Unhappy Re: What Happened ?

Originally Posted by psuperti
... All we need is 10 pre-orders of the same custom kit you choose $675.00 x 10 people with the same car, and want the same design kit (that is a complete kit!)
i truly doubt anyone would step up and pre-pay for something they can't see.

however... pics of a completed crossfire body kit would be nice and helpful for prospective orders/buyers.

i personally would need to see a product installed to determine if it would be desirable and worth the above pricing.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Honorary -C-I-C-C-I Member
Thumbs up Re: What Happened ?

Welcome back Dave.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:17 PM

do you have something with a custom body kit that we can even get an idea for?

Old 10-12-2006, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
do you have something with a custom body kit that we can even get an idea for?
There are a lot of examples on their site but this mercedes kit is the most similar to the xfire, the price is about $6,000, but if you're in the group of ten, it would be as described $675.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:13 AM

I don't post much because there isn't much to post about. I put the pulleys and ecu on. Anything past that is major surgery and not worth doing. This is a little toy car with little aftermarket support. I feel the things from germany are vastly overpriced for what they are. I've never heard of paying so much for chrome tape, because that is about all it is.

These aren't race cars. It's an abort ionized vehicle that DC threw together from left over parts. Just be realistic about what this thing is.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by my65cuda
I don't post much because there isn't much to post about. I put the pulleys and ecu on. Anything past that is major surgery and not worth doing. This is a little toy car with little aftermarket support. I feel the things from germany are vastly overpriced for what they are. I've never heard of paying so much for chrome tape, because that is about all it is.

These aren't race cars. It's an abort ionized vehicle that DC threw together from left over parts. Just be realistic about what this thing is.
It may appear so.
But I'm a college student and I work for the Army so I always been poor. On this note the crossfire is a dream come true to me, for I love cars and never imagine having something better then a toyota.
Like a fellow member said, treat your xfire as you want. Do with it as you will. And I add, love it as you want or hate it and pass it on to some one like me!

Old 10-13-2006, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by psuperti
There are a lot of examples on their site but this mercedes kit is the most similar to the xfire, the price is about $6,000, but if you're in the group of ten, it would be as described $675.
Other than the vertical lift doors, ick. JMHO.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by REDCROSS
Welcome back Dave.
For a little while...
At least long enough to rag on Rooty boy. He still around?

Old 10-13-2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by maxxm
Don't have pix yet, but the bulbs were from superlumination.com (also on www.autolumination.com) -- two 4-LED #194's for the dome and the 9-LED festoon bulb (44 mm) for the cargo area.
Danke!

I tried their brake/turn/reverse LED replacement bulbs a while back, and IMHO they were crap in a Crossfire. I'll give these a shot.

I guess next would be to try to find some EL tape in a green that is close to the dash lighting color (I saw someone posted about doing just that). Why D/C sells BLUE illuminated sills for a car whose interior lighting is a GREEN shade just blows my mind (I mean, DUH!). Not that the BLUE isn't COOOOOL...

Old 10-13-2006, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
Good luck.
Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna try installing tomorrow.