Canada Serving Canada.

Caledon East GTG and BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Caledon East GTG and BBQ

After last years GTG in Caledon East I am planning on doing it again this year, early June like last year.
I'll even get girly mustard like Nick wanted last year.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Caledon East GTG and BBQ

I'm in, see if you can arrange for your neighbour to mow her lawn when we are there and Sparkie will be sure to attend.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I'm in, see if you can arrange for your neighbour to mow her lawn when we are there and Sparkie will be sure to attend.
Is that the one over the road and down the hill a bit?
She's a volunteer firefighter, nothing to her but she has well defined but not excessive muscles, fit as a fiddle.
People set fires all over town to see her out in full gear. It's a wonder any of Caledon East is still standing.
LOL

Old 01-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Is that the one over the road and down the hill a bit?
She's a volunteer firefighter, nothing to her but she has well defined but not excessive muscles, fit as a fiddle.
People set fires all over town to see her out in full gear. It's a wonder any of Caledon East is still standing.
LOL
Ya, that's the one..............I'll tell Sparkie to bring some matches!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be honoured to attend, Dave - if it did not coincide with the Ride to Conquer Cancer. That is, June 08-09.
It typically scuppers my chances to go to Steve Plunkett's Country Cruiz-in too!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by PitMarshall
I'd be honoured to attend, Dave - if it did not coincide with the Ride to Conquer Cancer. That is, June 08-09.
It typically scuppers my chances to go to Steve Plunkett's Country Cruiz-in too!
That is the day of the Plunkett show. I guess after is good for you so I'll say the 15th, how is that?
Fleetwood Country Cruize In

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-18-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:20 PM

That's nice, Dave - but don;t let my attendance be a factor in what is good for everyone else. It may be perfect to have your GTG in association with travel to the Cruize-in and that is probably important to people.

Choose what is best for the group. If I can be there, you know I'd love to be. As it is, I will pencil in the 15th weekend and plan to be there. If it changes, I'll understand.

I saw that Tony is trying to get a run down to Lake Placid together too. It is the long weekend in May - good for permitting lots of time - not so good for conflict with family plans that will inevitably supersede my own plans. That said, I have missed several SOCO gatherings in the past year and I want to make a concerted effort to change that this year. So, I will pencil in the NY trip too!

Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Forum Regular

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo...first fair weather Ontario GTG since I got my XFire. I'd love to come and put some faces to names. The only one of you folks I've met so far is Beaner.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Forum Regular

Hey, is that karma? I just noticed my last post was #55 - same as my age.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 PM

Hey, don't judge the rest of us based on having met Bryan! And for the record, I think that he is a NICE guy. I don't think he's bad at all!

I just wanted to put that out there ...

Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I have no idea what you guys are talking about......

I think I'm in........ but we're talking about going to Nashville in early June to hit the CMA festivities. Too early to know yet. May also have to stay home and watch my wife cut the grass that day.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 AM

I think that our new SOCO member (Buggs) might be Officer Toody in disguise ... Would that make Beaner Officer Muldoon???

Old 01-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I will be there whenever you stamp a date on the invite Dave! I guess mine will be in the mail and may be a little late?

Cant wait to see the S.O.C.O. crew this summer. I will have to check the emails a little more often.
Thanks for the Movember Donation PitMarshall! Never to late.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Dave...I would be more then happy to attend as well and can pass this information on to N.Allaire if you like. He doesn't hang out on this site much...if at all!
Just post the date and folks will confirm or not....

Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Dave Glad to see you are having another GTG,Again I am sorry Elaine&I will not be able to attend. Saturday June 15th is our anual Mopar meet at StThomas draggway and we are part of the committee for that. Saturdays in late May Early June are not good for me. You guys have fun we will catch some of you at Plunketts. Lorne

Old 03-03-2013, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Beaner
I will be there whenever you stamp a date on the invite Dave! I guess mine will be in the mail and may be a little late?

Cant wait to see the S.O.C.O. crew this summer. I will have to check the emails a little more often.
Thanks for the Movember Donation PitMarshall! Never to late.
I guess the date is the 15th, as mentioned earlier. I'll supply all food and drinks as last year unless people want to bring their own dietary needs.

My buddy has a white CLS55 now and maybe he'll bring that instead of the white '88 roadster.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:37 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Looking forward to getting the car out of hibernation and seeing you guys again. Haven't touched the car since Nov 1st so no mods done yet. I was hoping to have the new fuel pump, SC pulley and retune done so I could practice 1/4 mile runs in front of Dave's house........

Old 03-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking forward to getting the car out of hibernation and seeing you guys again
Long range forecast beginning March 11th and beyond looks like Spring is right around the corner. I booked the 11th off work with the plan to pull the cover off the Crossfire for the first time since December. Install the battery that's been indoors on maintenance charge, start 'er up and go from there. I'm expecting the BAS/ESP lamp to be lit up and will need re-setting. I'm not sure if the radio will remember the presets, but I'm expecting them to be there. The overinflated tires will be brought down to 33/34 psi and when everything checks out and back to normal, I'll install the LED rear license lamp assemblies purchased over the winter. Insurance is back on and with that, looking forward to another season of enjoying S.O.C.O. GTG's, meets and shows....got June 15th bookmarked!

Old 05-11-2013, 03:41 PM

I said June 15th for this GTG, that is the day of the Caledon Cruise In at the City Hall, 5 minutes from here. I may go there for an hour or so some time.
What time is good to meet at my place? I'm thinking 11am.
Car show starts at 3pm.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-11-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:56 PM

1100hrs or just after sounds good to me, Dave. I will stop by the cruise In as well - thanks for the tips. I have an appointment Sunday evening about 2230hrs so I will have to leave sometime after dinner or about 10p.m. :^)

In all seriousness, what can we bring for the BBQ? What I drink and my steak - but anything else? Please don't suggest a chair ....

Quick Reply: Caledon East GTG and BBQ