Canada Serving Canada.

Autocross events in Barrie

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Autocross events in Barrie

Hey folks, its been a while since ive been back on the forum, being couped up all winter long doesnt really get the car juices flowing, but now that things are starting to get warmer i have the urge to get some track miles on the car.

A few times a year on weekends in the past i would be drving past the molson arena in barrie and there would be a cool auto salom course setup in the massive parking lot, and cars taking a run thru it. It always looked like fun.

Last year i looked into it, but i never put my car on the road last year, and didnt have a car hauler setup to bring it to the race. This year however that has changed.
One of the guys i work with in the office has a FR-S and we have both been looking for fun techincal driving outing to both attend and have some fun with our cars. I decided to check out the details this year on the autocross outing on the net, it seems like its hosted by the Twin Lakes motor club, and they have about 6-7 events this year on weekends. I thought it would be fun for a few other x-fires to show up and enjoy the track, so i would just throw the ideal out there for anyone else who would be interested in attending. I dont have any more details about the event other then whats on the site, but i will get some more info in the next few weeks. Its like 15min down the road from home so this is definetly something i am looking foward to attend, should be fun

2013 Solo II Schedule

Old 04-25-2013, 01:41 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Autocross events in Barrie

Thanks for sharing this. I wouldnt mind trying this at least once.

Let me give it more thought.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Thanks for sharing this. I wouldnt mind trying this at least once.

Let me give it more thought.
Hey Steve, is there anything else you didn't mind "trying at least once" you'd like to tell us about?

Old 04-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Hey Steve, is there anything else you didn't mind "trying at least once" you'd like to tell us about?
I don't want to know, so just give bluecoupe a call and spare us the details .

Autocross sounds good.
There is a member "Crossfeuer" who races on the road corse at Toronto Motorsports Park - Road Course
I am not sure of his lap times are but it was neat to watch him go!

Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
As a matter of fact there is...but I just cant share it with you or Beaner.
That wouldnt be right.

Originally Posted by Beaner
I don't want to know, so just give bluecoupe a call and spare us the details .

Autocross sounds good.
There is a member "Crossfeuer" who races on the road corse at Toronto Motorsports Park - Road Course
I am not sure of his lap times are but it was neat to watch him go!

Well should we set a date up?

Old 05-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to go there, but im not sure what time they will have that and what do I need

Old 05-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by CLKlasse
I would like to go there, but im not sure what time they will have that and what do I need
As per the link in the first post registration started at 8am.
Take money and a legal helmet, some other info was in the link.

Looking at the map of the course I think I'd get lost. I'd have to use the GPS.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 PM

I had one heck of a day yesterday!

Even though the weather was terrible, it was lots of fun!. The track looked complicated on paper, but after a lap it was easy to figure out. I only had one major problem... The tires. I guess i was expecting a bit more from factory 8yr old PS2 tires that i was hoping would wear down to some fresh rubber after a few laps. Oh well, turn off the TC and she was like driving on ice. I Left it on to keep from spinning out, the TC was on all the time!!. There were lots of STI's, WRX, & evos there. and a few folk that brought some miatas, a old volvo which was neat to watch. Even a bone stock mazda 2 that was fun to watch. A few of the guys were wondering what i had under the hood, my buddy said he could hear the supercharger screaming from across the parking lot. Way louder then the blowoff valves on the modded turbo cars.

After they did up all the timed laps, they had a "fun time" right at the end. So i did a bit of a single handed salute to the old PS2's, turned off the TC, and tried to do a quick lap around the track, the tires were starting to get their grip back but the last big turn near the finish line, the rear end spun around on me and smoked the tires. lol

Cant wait to go agian. I watched my friends FR-S, i must say thats one heck of a decent car!

Ill post some pics up soon

Old 05-13-2013, 01:03 PM

I just miss it. I think the next on is in June. Do you know what do we need for the helmet?

Originally Posted by Sik Srt-6

Even though the weather was terrible, it was lots of fun!. The track looked complicated on paper, but after a lap it was easy to figure out. I only had one major problem... The tires. I guess i was expecting a bit more from factory 8yr old PS2 tires that i was hoping would wear down to some fresh rubber after a few laps. Oh well, turn off the TC and she was like driving on ice. I Left it on to keep from spinning out, the TC was on all the time!!. There were lots of STI's, WRX, & evos there. and a few folk that brought some miatas, a old volvo which was neat to watch. Even a bone stock mazda 2 that was fun to watch. A few of the guys were wondering what i had under the hood, my buddy said he could hear the supercharger screaming from across the parking lot. Way louder then the blowoff valves on the modded turbo cars.

After they did up all the timed laps, they had a "fun time" right at the end. So i did a bit of a single handed salute to the old PS2's, turned off the TC, and tried to do a quick lap around the track, the tires were starting to get their grip back but the last big turn near the finish line, the rear end spun around on me and smoked the tires. lol

Cant wait to go agian. I watched my friends FR-S, i must say thats one heck of a decent car!

Old 05-13-2013, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by CLKlasse
I just miss it. I think the next on is in June. Do you know what do we need for the helmet?

According to the helmet rules burried inside the CASC autosalom rule PDF, they say anything with a Snell "
SA2010, SAH2010, SA2005, SA2000, M2010,M2005, M2000, K2010, K2005, K98" certification is ok.

With that said, this time they never checked anyones helmets. But did requrie drivers and passengers wearing helmets. Any racing or motorcycle enclose face style helmet made in the last 10 years should be good. I was wearing a motorcycle helmet i bought a few years ago with a removeable visor, i also had a hemet for my passenger that was a motorcross style helmet, both have the M2005 cert sticker on them if there was any issues.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:36 AM

Are you going to the Autocross this weekend?

Old 06-21-2013, 12:33 PM

Hey CLKlasse, hate to break the news, i wont be making it to the autocross this weekend. First being the weather (supposed to be thunderstorms), 2nd, i just bought myself a W126 and ill be out and about on my way to pick it up on sunday.

However the 3rd one is just a few weeks away as well on July 13th, and im sure i wont miss it rain or shine.

As time goes by, the lot should get better, when i went the frist time, the pavement was pretty sandy, now that weve had a few rainfalls, and such, there should be some good raw tarmac to grip.

Heres a pic that one of the photographers took, and a pic of my car and my buddie's car from work

Attached Thumbnails Autocross events in Barrie-tlmc-autocross-may-12-397.jpg   Autocross events in Barrie-image-1-.jpeg  

Last edited by Sik Srt-6; 06-21-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:35 PM

Budds FR-S pooping out a pylon

Autocross events in Barrie-tlmc-autocross-may-12-390.jpg

Old 07-05-2013, 09:43 AM

I know i wasnt able to go to the autocross the past weekend, but i did look up the pics. looks like one of our fellow members made it out. How was it?

Autocross events in Barrie-autoslalom-bmc-june-23-2013-185.jpg

I also see that the mclaren mp4-12c "fax machine" made it out, would of love to have seen that as well

Autocross events in Barrie-autoslalom-bmc-june-23-2013-201.jpg

Old 07-05-2013, 09:45 AM

It was lots of fun. Where you got that picture?

I know i wasnt able to go to the autocross the past weekend, but i did look up the pics. looks like one of our fellow members made it out. How was it?

Attachment 28798

I also see that the mclaren mp4-12c "fax machine" made it out, would of love to have seen that as well

Attachment 28799

Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 AM

Off the photographers website. He seems to be a regular at the autocross outings
Autoslalom BMC June 23, 2013

Also i looked up the race results, the xfire won first place in the D stock class

Final Results, #1 - Event One - Invalid DateTime

Last edited by Sik Srt-6; 07-05-2013 at 09:53 AM.