Canada Serving Canada.

Winter is here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts
Default Winter is here.

Car has been washed, first time since a week or so before Woodward, and the cover is coming out.
I may polish it before that though, first time this year for that. You can't spoil these cars too much.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Winter is here.

Well, Onehundred80 - I am not sure I remember when the Woodward was talked about here on the site - was it August? In any event, knowing of your knowledge and expertise about Crossfires, I am somewhat comforted in that I KNOW my car needs expert detail attention (I am not an expert, just a loving owner), so if YOU have delayed some attention to the visual details, please do not tell me that I am wrong basing my confidence in you. I will suffer in my recent guilt as I have every intention of visiting a trusted detail center to deal with leftover stuff from modest (recent) road trips, and make my XF ready for a (hopefully) moderate winter in the Carolinas. Dang - I live in an historic home without a garage! And the XF and I go everywhere/anywhere as long as it is south, in the winter.

Alicia

Old 11-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Car has been washed, first time since a week or so before Woodward, and the cover is coming out.
I may polish it before that though, first time this year for that. You can't spoil these cars too much.
+1
Friday is looking like the day for putting the Crossfire to bed for the winter. Gas stabilizer is already in the tank but needs filling up. That, and inflating the wheels to 40lbs, parked in 1st gear, handbrake disengaged, battery maintainer hooked up and finally the OEM cover and that should be it until spring. The Crossfire is sharing a garage with my '82 Volvo and both are at a new location. Back in August I left Hogtown after 30+ yrs and purchased a home in Keswick, ON. Yes, I have heard all the Keswick jokes and pickup trucks with large wheels out number every other vehicle on the road up here, but hey, it's where I call home with no regrets! Looking forward to next season of Crossfire GTG's!

Old 11-20-2013, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by tonygg
+1
Friday is looking like the day for putting the Crossfire to bed for the winter. Gas stabilizer is already in the tank but needs filling up. That, and inflating the wheels to 40lbs, parked in 1st gear, handbrake disengaged, battery maintainer hooked up and finally the OEM cover and that should be it until spring. The Crossfire is sharing a garage with my '82 Volvo and both are at a new location. Back in August I left Hogtown after 30+ yrs and purchased a home in Keswick, ON. Yes, I have heard all the Keswick jokes and pickup trucks with large wheels out number every other vehicle on the road up here, but hey, it's where I call home with no regrets! Looking forward to next season of Crossfire GTG's!
I don't bother with the Stabil, I just fill it with 93 octane, pump up tires, put the maintainer on a couple of times, move the car back and forth a few times and that's that. The car never gets below about 2 degrees C. anyway, it has a soft life, like me.

Keswick, we should have the first annual Crossfire GTG and ice fishing tournament in February. BYOB, that is bring your own bait. LOL
Tight lines.
PS. Never polished it, insurance off, so it is now off the road and covered for the duration.
Last year I did the paddle shift mod in the winter, I hardly ever used it though as I forget I have it.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-20-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine went into hibernation last week. Washed, oil changed, oil sample sent off for analysis, tires over-inflated, fuel stabilizer (one spirited drive to mix it well), blocks under the wipers, wiped and dusted the engine bay, float charger, tennis ***** in exhaust, Bounce sheets in the trunk and interior, leather preservative, desiccant bags strewn liberally about, Gummi Phledge on all rubber, ignition circuit disabled (I'll try to remember to put the fuse back in next spring to avoid the horrors of a no start!), ScanGaugeII moved to the Avalanche, roof up and cleaned, windows down just a smidge, doors locked, cover on, clean air tested, licence stickers until 2016, road insurance removed and cover on ... whew!

The countdown has started ...

Old 12-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

If I ever want to store a car, I'm calling PitMarshall. I was tired after reading it. Right now I have 2 toothless looking XF's setting in the garage. I have sold all of my grilles. I try to drive mine around the block here every couple of months. I went out this morning and took off the black grilles on the roadster. Battery is already discharged. So, I have fell behind. I am charging both cars right now, will take them out before the snow arrives later today and put them back, with the maintainers. Its tough keeping cars stored, but they enjoy the pampering.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
If I ever want to store a car, I'm calling PitMarshall...
...I try to drive mine around the block here every couple of months...
Exactly what I was thinking Doc!
Mine car is having the best winter so far, spacious garage, car cover (thanks to One80). First time since before '08 when I bought it.
If all goes as planned the next 4 months it will be like a new car again!

Old 12-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Forum Regular

Mine gets driven throughout winter unless a storm is forecast for the day.
I actually drove it through a small blizzard last night to get some prescriptions. The INVO's did awesome!

Old 12-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Forum Regular
Default Winter is here.

This goes back many moons, but a fellow told me if I wanted to keep my car 'nice' year round, move to SoCal. Best advice I've ever received.

When I left Nebraska I said to self, "If I'm never in snow again, I'll be a happy camper." Since then I've been in snow maybe three times - and that is going back a long way.

Last Sunday while driving into Pasadena for a belated T-Day with daughter and her daughter, it was shirt sleeve weather, and in the distance there was snow on Mt. Baldy.

Or is this something you'd prefer not hearing?

Old 12-05-2013, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by BibaResto
This goes back many moons, but a fellow told me if I wanted to keep my car 'nice' year round, move to SoCal. Best advice I've ever received.

When I left Nebraska I said to self, "If I'm never in snow again, I'll be a happy camper." Since then I've been in snow maybe three times - and that is going back a long way.

Last Sunday while driving into Pasadena for a belated T-Day with daughter and her daughter, it was shirt sleeve weather, and in the distance there was snow on Mt. Baldy.

Or is this something you'd prefer not hearing?
I heard that California is really nice, one thing that puts me off though is ......... smug Californians.

Even the dead try to leave Nebraska I hear.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:04 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by onehundred80
i heard that california is really nice, one thing that puts me off though is ......... Smug californians.

Even the dead try to leave nebraska i hear.

lmao.......

Old 12-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Forum Regular
Default Winter is here.

onehundred80, I fully agree with you regarding the smugness of some CA residents. I'm so glad that I'm not one of them.