Canada Serving Canada.

Ottawa John

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ottawa John

I'm glad that the Crossfire community was able to attend the drivers meeting for John's last cruise - I think he would have liked that. I wish I could have been there myself, but I'm confident that Norm & John's words were a suitable tribute from all of us and provided Sue & family with some comfort. Thanks for doing that, guys.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Ottawa John

I would like to thank many of the SOCO members who were of great support during this sad period. Were slowly but surely coping with John's departure in our lives.

John's Widow, Suzanne is specially appreciative of your support and asked me to post her personal letter:

Dear Crossfire Friends,
I have asked Mario to post this on the forum to let you all know the depth of my appreciation for your support during this difficult time for my family and myself.
Every time John and I would take part in one of the Crossfire events we would always remark on what wonderful people made up this Crossfire group. You have truly shown your kindness and caring nature to us.
We are very touched and thankful for your posts on the forum ( that Mario made us aware of), for your calls, for your notes, cards and tributes, for your donations to the Heart Institute, for all who travelled to the funeral. A very special note of thanks goes to Norm and John for speaking so eloquently at the funeral. Norm also read a poem that Glenn wrote in honour of John. Thank you for that, Glenn.
My heart is full of gratitude.
Please stay in touch.
Sincerely,
Suzanne, Phil and Patrick