Canada Serving Canada.

Ottawa John

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ottawa John

Sadly we need to say goodbye to Ottawa John who suffered a fatal heart attack last Sunday. John was an active member of the forums and very involved in organizing get-togethers for SOCO, the Ontario Crossfire group. He was the nicest guy you could ever ask to meet and was always generous with his time and positive in his outlook. He'll be missed. Condolences to his wife Sue, who almost always accompanied him on the many meets he organized, and to his friends and family.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Ottawa John

Terrible news. I never met John, but did enjoy reading his many posts. RIP John.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My condolences to the family, John will be missed on the forum, really enjoyed reading his posts. Real shame that I was never able to meet him.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:17 PM

Sad to hear about John who has helped me a lot in finding the right car. I finally got the chance to thank him personally at the gtg in Westport, the day after he passed away. To Sue and family...our deepest condolences...

Old 08-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Tragic news, a great member here and I am sure a great guy to have known.
My condolences to the family.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:35 PM

I was on four cruise's with John. He was a great guy. I will miss him.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

That is sad. Ottowa John was a pleasure to know and with whom to converse. He will be missed.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So sorry to hear that John has left us. Have been on GtG with John several times. A great person and organizer of GTG. Our condolences to Sue and the family. We will miss you John. Lorne&Elaine

Old 08-26-2014, 06:53 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Wow...terrible news. Our condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:53 PM

Such tragic news! Lynda and I had the pleasure of being on a few gtg's with John and Sue, we were both shocked. John seemed like a great individual and a great conversationalist.
our condolence to Sue and the family, John will surely be missed by all that knew him.

Angelo and Lynda De Angelis
v2addict

Old 08-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am deeply saddened and shocked to see John gone.

John was one of my best friends. I had the privilege to spend lots of time with him, Sue and family. What a great fellow he was! I will miss his jokes, friendly chats, car talks over a few drinks. We spent lots of time talking about future cruises but he's the one that put them together. Being such a sociable chap, he was a natural at it. Needless to say, we were on just about every cruise together. He will be missed dearly

Rest in peace John

Mario

Old 08-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Gayle and I were shocked and deeply saddened to hear John' passing, We met him and Mario for the first time when our XF broke down and could not make it to a GTG. The next morning here they are driving into my lane-way and into our hearts. We hit it off instantly as if we had known each other for years. We (John Mario and I) would have weekly Friday tech days in my garage and we would work on our cars and tell stories and jokes all day long. Always a gracious and happy individual and ready at a drop of a hat to go out for an impromptu drive. He loved organizing a GTG and had built a strong and outgoing group. Our last outing was in Westport where we enjoyed a the best best GTG to date. John really enjoyed driving with Sue and HER Crossfire. It is difficult for all to believe he is gone however he will never be forgotten. RIP my friend...

Old 08-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Received 201 Likes on 153 Posts

My condolences to his family, met him once , and agree what a nice guy. rip john

Old 08-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Daddy
Gayle and I were shocked and deeply saddened to hear John' passing, We met him and Mario for the first time when our XF broke down and could not make it to a GTG. The next morning here they are driving into my lane-way and into our hearts. We hit it off instantly as if we had known each other for years. We (John Mario and I) would have weekly Friday tech days in my garage and we would work on our cars and tell stories and jokes all day long. Always a gracious and happy individual and ready at a drop of a hat to go out for an impromptu drive. He loved organizing a GTG and had built a strong and outgoing group. Our last outing was in Westport where we enjoyed a the best best GTG to date. John really enjoyed driving with Sue and HER Crossfire. It is difficult for all to believe he is gone however he will never be forgotten. RIP my friend...
A small group of us from Toronto will be joining you tomorrow for the funeral. So the Crossfire group (Southern Ontario Crossfire Owners, S.O.C.O.) will be well represented.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:34 PM

I just heard about John from Paul. Our condolences to Sue and her family. We met John & Sue at the S.O.C.O. BBQ at Norm's a few weeks ago and shared a wonderful day together. We are deeply sadened by his passing.

Bryan & Dianne
Bryaguy

Old 08-30-2014, 06:45 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by tonygg
A small group of us from Toronto will be joining you tomorrow for the funeral. So the Crossfire group (Southern Ontario Crossfire Owners, S.O.C.O.) will be well represented.

Tony, glad to hear that a few GTA based SOCO members are able to make the trek to Ottawa. Have a safe trip.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:38 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 452 Likes on 319 Posts

I don't believe I ever had the pleasure to meet John
From all I have read here I wish I had.
Sounds like the kind of guy I would wanted to hang around with.
My deepest condolences to the entire family and all on the friends he has left behind

Gary

Old 08-31-2014, 10:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I am happy and proud that so many Crossfire owners and members of the SOCO and EOCO came to say their last farewell to John. It was a difficult time for the family as would be expected but the representation of so many members was heartwarming So many of us were touched by John and he is missed but still in our hearts.

Rest in peace my friend

Old 09-01-2014, 08:12 PM

A beautiful celebration of life dedicated to our friend Ottawa John. Toronto John and another member spoke and delivered a tribute on behalf of the group. Rest in Peace Ottawa John....

Old 09-02-2014, 02:41 PM

John created many memories for many in the Crossfire community. He was eager to ensure that everyone was engaged and welcomed on the cruises that he designed. As with everyone, I share deep condolences at the loss of a husband, father and friend. Thank you to Sue, both of John's sons and to Mario - for allowing Norm and me to be a small part of his Celebration of Life. John was like a brother to Mario. John will be well remembered by his Crossfire friends in North America and around the world. Thanks too to Gary and Paul for making the forum and social media an active place for members to share their sentiments from around the globe.

Rest in Peace, brother.
John - PitMarshall

Quick Reply: Ottawa John