Canada Serving Canada.

John McGavin Memorial Cruise, Aug 29th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 12:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default John McGavin Memorial Cruise, Aug 29th, 2015

The cruise will depart from Tim Horton's on Prince of whales and Hunt Club, in Ottawa at 930am. We will be going thru Merrickville, Maitland, Brockville, Rockport, Gananoque, Morton, Crosby and Wesport.

I will be doing a trial run and will update you with more details as the day draws near. The route is subject to change, ha ha!

Those who need accommodation Friday night, let me know and I will assist you with recommendations.

In memory of our dear Friend John McGavin

Mario

Old 07-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: John McGavin Memorial Cruise, Aug 29th, 2015

Hey Mario...I'm in. Wouldn't miss it for anything...rain or shine.
Likely arrive night before...

Talk soon..

Old 07-29-2015, 07:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey. Mario. Lorne has the date marked down. Will wait for more details. Lorne

Old 08-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trying to shuffle schedule to attend

Old 08-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

we will be there, would not miss it!

Old 08-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will try to make it. John was a good friend and really nice person. Since I am the Yankee in his group I would like recommendations on where to stay Friday night.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:07 PM

Hi everyone,

To clarify, this is a 1 day cruise, no overnight stay

I completed a test run yesterday and am happy with the initially planned route. The first 45 min stop, give or take, will be in Merrickville, followed by Brockville for lunch. I will wait for Julie and Chris, Marisol and Norm and John's confirmation before I make lunch restaurant reservation. After lunch, we will be heading to block house island for a walk around. I figure 2 hours will have gone by before we hit the parkway heading west to Gananaque. This is a 15 min rest stop. From there, we're heading North using hw32,15 and 42 leading us to our final destination, Westport.

I would rate the pavement condition as very good, with a high percentage of it freshly paved and only 1km of it under construction so I am guessing you will enjoy it.

For those coming Friday night, the Ramada hotel on Prince of Wales is located next to Tim Hortons we are leaving from. I highly recommend you bring 2 way radios for your copilot to use, wink wink!

Links of interest:

Menus | Brockberry | Grill - Catering - Suites

Merrickville & District Chamber of Commerce

Shoot me an Email with any questions you may have

Enjoy the warm weather! Cheers!

Flo and Mario

Old 08-05-2015, 07:51 AM

Good Morning Mario. Lorne&Elaine are booked into the Comfort west for Friday nite . See you Saturday morning God willing. Lorne

Old 08-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Banned

For those coming Friday night, the Ramada hotel on Prince of Wales is located next to Tim Hortons
Just booked it....few rooms left.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:24 AM

In memory of John.....Looking forward to see everyone!

Old 08-09-2015, 12:30 PM

Hi everyone,

20 days away from the memorial cruise and glad to announce Suzanne will be out with her yellow roadster!

There will be 20+ people in attendance for this special social occasion. I was assured there is rooms left at the Ramada for Friday night accommodation.

The cruise will wind down late afternoon with a final drive up Foley rd. to a board walk overseeing Westport. We will wrap things up with a prayer in John's memory.

Those requiring accommodation after the cruise, I would recommend, while still in daylight, that you drive south to Kingston where major hotel chains are locate.

Cheers!

Flo and Mario

Old 08-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Banned

I would recommend, while still in daylight, that you drive south to Kingston where major hotel chains are locate.
+1
All the downtown hotels are sold out, but we got a room a the Courtyard by Marriott, Kingston Highway 401/Division Street, Kingston.
The plan is to head into town for a Saturday night by the waterfront....already found a pub featuring live blues that night!....

Old 08-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a problem with my power steering line and I can't just go buy another one. Have fun at the event everyone!

Old 08-10-2015, 03:57 PM

Hey Beaner If it is the flex hose,There are many shops that will make you one that will be better than the OEM, I know I have done it on other cars plus tractors??. Lorne

Old 08-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lorne
Hey Beaner If it is the flex hose,There are many shops that will make you one that will be better than the OEM, I know I have done it on other cars plus tractors??. Lorne
I found a forklift place that will help, I will keep my fingers crossed haha.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:52 AM

Hi guys;
I have not owned a Crossfire for three years and I still miss mine quite a bit! I saw a nice blue one parked in the lot across from the Prescott last Saturday night. I was tempted to call out the owner in the Prescott just to be able to chat. I am glad to see you have organized a tour in memorial for John. He was a great guy and I am sure he is sorely missed. I will be in Kingston at the Limestone City Bluesfest - I have attended every year since 1999. If you do decide to check out a pub on Saturday night - I would love to know which one. I would highly recommend Tir Nan Og - JW Jones will be playing there and the place will be hopping. It will be very exciting if I see a group of Crossfires parked! The Holiday Inn Waterfront has a nice big parking lot! Enjoy the cruise - I have made that drive so many times and it is glorious! Cathie

Old 08-13-2015, 11:45 AM
Banned

If you do decide to check out a pub on Saturday night - I would love to know which one.
At the moment, and assuming we still have the energy....the hope is to go "into town" Saturday night and check out the sights and sounds. I found this pub on-line and the entertainment doesn't start until 10, giving us lots of time to re-fresh for the evening...
The Merchant Tap House

The artist that night is Chris Antonik (never hear of him..but...) here is his link.
CHRIS ANTONIK

This is just a start and open to other suggestions...not sure who is staying in Kingston that night, other then yourself.

Old 08-13-2015, 03:21 PM

The Merchant is often the place where the young'uns hang out. If you go there, go early. There are lots of bars with great artists and a entrance bracelet is $15.00 for the weekend. I recommend the Pilot House for fish and chips - it has a great ambiance and is often full of locals.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:59 PM

Hey TonyGG, I will be seeing you around town. J and I will be hanging around Monte's (Tir Nan Og Irish Pub) and Blu Martini. Samantha Martin and Delta Sugar is at BluMartini then Market Square for the main event- Joe Louis Walker. Limestone Bluesfest is one of the only true bluesfest in Ont.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by MCathieE
Hi guys;
I have not owned a Crossfire for three years and I still miss mine quite a bit! I saw a nice blue one parked in the lot across from the Prescott last Saturday night. I was tempted to call out the owner in the Prescott just to be able to chat. I am glad to see you have organized a tour in memorial for John. He was a great guy and I am sure he is sorely missed. I will be in Kingston at the Limestone City Bluesfest - I have attended every year since 1999. If you do decide to check out a pub on Saturday night - I would love to know which one. I would highly recommend Tir Nan Og - JW Jones will be playing there and the place will be hopping. It will be very exciting if I see a group of Crossfires parked! The Holiday Inn Waterfront has a nice big parking lot! Enjoy the cruise - I have made that drive so many times and it is glorious! Cathie
Hi Cathie,

You are welcome to join us in Brockville at the Buds on the bay around noon.

We can also assist you with finding your next Crossfire for you.

John was a kind and sociable person indeed and brought many of us Crossfire owners closer together. Whenever a waitress would ask how the meal was, he would quickly respond "never better"

Cheers to John!

Quick Reply: John McGavin Memorial Cruise, Aug 29th, 2015