Car Shows The place to discuss car shows and tips and tricks for winning them...

Bloomsburg nationals

Old 08-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bloomsburg nationals

So here I am at Bloomsburg Nationals. Well over a thousand cars, quite a few vendors, lots of good food, beautiful weather, flat as a pool table and I am the only Crossfire here? What is the issue? I would rather go here than Carlisle, this venue is1 1/2 miles off of Rte 80, access could not be any easier and there are plenty of decent places to stay within 7 miles. If we had a group sign up they would give us an assigned space, think about it as the summer get together.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Bloomsburg nationals

OK, but this old car guy has never heard of it... Where is it?

Old 08-10-2013, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
OK, but this old car guy has never heard of it... Where is it?
It's located in central Pa, follow Rte 80 to east central Pa. This is the 2nd year that Carlisle events has sponsored this and it grew quite a bit from last year, next year should be really big. It was a local show, sponsored by a local hospital but it was bought by a bigger Med Center that didn't continue the sponsorship. Carlisle stepped in and together with a large local club put this 3 day event together.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

wish it were closer. I have missed Carlisle with my July jinx on 3 tries now. And my bad luck has continued into August. LOL>... Have to smile, as it just keeps coming. Hope you won something...

Old 08-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
It's located in central Pa, follow Rte 80 to east central Pa. This is the 2nd year that Carlisle events has sponsored this and it grew quite a bit from last year, next year should be really big. It was a local show, sponsored by a local hospital but it was bought by a bigger Med Center that didn't continue the sponsorship. Carlisle stepped in and together with a large local club put this 3 day event together.
i have one of the most modified xfires on the board and i live about 30 mins from bloom and i never even heard of this event?!?! i would have came if i knew about it and im heavily into the car scene from classic car shows up to modern tuners :/

Old 08-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Received 195 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by xfireon20z
i have one of the most modified xfires on the board :/
Just curious,do you have the modded grille for more air into intake? do you have a wavetrac?, do you have the needswings dual intake ? or the Needswings,high preformance intake manifolds? or the V8?? maybe you could list your mods and this would help others get mods that you have that others want.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:51 PM

lol i had everything you can get from needwings b4 my swap, now to keep this short i have a full ground effect kit all the way around, v8 conversion, full airride system, shaved handles w/ poppers and many many other major mods to much to list i try to be unique and dont like cookie cutter cars or people just doing stuff to there cars because someone else has it...

Old 08-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Received 195 Likes on 150 Posts

sounds like a nice car can u post some pictures, of the car and your engine Oh instead of me thread jacking this nice car show thread ,,could you start a new thd to show us your car thanks jim

Old 08-11-2013, 06:23 PM

This may be a long read but had to relate this story. At Bloomsburg today a N/A pulled in behind my SRT6 and as I was just wandering around did not realize that I owned that Xfire. Anyway he started telling my brother and I how he could blow the doors off my car because he had a $69 "chip" in his and a really small "nitrous" set up. He was also trying to tell us that his car had way more than 215 hp stock. I couldn't even stand to talk to this blithering idiot. My bro tried to explain what was in my car, ie. NW DCAI and manifolds, EC 181 pulley and HE, colder plugs, Inmotion tune, glass beaded crank, cams, SL55 fuel pump, etc . of course that didn't seem to mean anything to him. He insisted his car was the fastest Xfire on the planet. He should meet Grip. I am not as fast as Grip is but it is closer to 11.5 than it is 12 in the 1/4. My quandary is "How could this guy be allowed to own a car as good as this?" I have never talked to anyone this ignorant of the car and the capabilities of the 2 models. What a shame. But on another note, they did not have classes here, just gave awards to about 20 special cars and trucks, which did not include my car. The ones selected were indeed very nice, my fav was a 52 Caddy convertible, periwinkle blue with white interior and top, just spectacular. Also the PPG rep was there and displayed their Vibrance colors which were sharp, wouldn't mind if my car was painted in either of about 3 of those colors. Anyway, I hope that next year, several of you guys can find your way there, I would love to meet a lot of the guys on the forum. I will be joining CICCI soon and was told that if a club was registered that they would be given a space so that they would be in a group. Anyone interested let me know, I'll check back next year, nearer to show time.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
sounds like a nice car can u post some pictures, of the car and your engine Oh instead of me thread jacking this nice car show thread ,,could you start a new thd to show us your car thanks jim
i live 30 mins from this show and was asking how comes i never heard of it thats all and i dont share anything on here alot of times because people get an attitude when I dont view things there way so i just sit back and stay neutral and listen to people and their comments and opinions...

This may be a long read but had to relate this story. At Bloomsburg today a N/A pulled in behind my SRT6 and as I was just wandering around did not realize that I owned that Xfire. Anyway he started telling my brother and I how he could blow the doors off my car because he had a $69 "chip" in his and a really small "nitrous" set up. He was also trying to tell us that his car had way more than 215 hp stock. I couldn't even stand to talk to this blithering idiot. My bro tried to explain what was in my car, ie. NW DCAI and manifolds, EC 181 pulley and HE, colder plugs, Inmotion tune, glass beaded crank, cams, SL55 fuel pump, etc . of course that didn't seem to mean anything to him. He insisted his car was the fastest Xfire on the planet. He should meet Grip. I am not as fast as Grip is but it is closer to 11.5 than it is 12 in the 1/4. My quandary is "How could this guy be allowed to own a car as good as this?" I have never talked to anyone this ignorant of the car and the capabilities of the 2 models. What a shame. But on another note, they did not have classes here, just gave awards to about 20 special cars and trucks, which did not include my car. The ones selected were indeed very nice, my fav was a 52 Caddy convertible, periwinkle blue with white interior and top, just spectacular. Also the PPG rep was there and displayed their Vibrance colors which were sharp, wouldn't mind if my car was painted in either of about 3 of those colors. Anyway, I hope that next year, several of you guys can find your way there, I would love to meet a lot of the guys on the forum. I will be joining CICCI soon and was told that if a club was registered that they would be given a space so that they would be in a group. Anyone interested let me know, I'll check back next year, nearer to show time.
yeah that guy sounds like an idiot i didnt mean to sound like that either lol i meant modified as in the whole package exterior interior engine trunk suspension i dont just settle to put it in the motor because no matter who you are theres always someone faster so i just settle for equality in all areas of these beautiful cars...

Last edited by xfireon20z; 08-11-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:44 PM

i live 30 mins from this show and was asking how comes i never heard of it thats all and i dont share anything on here alot of times because people get an attitude when I dont view things there way so i just sit back and stay neutral and listen to people and their comments and opinions...

yeah that guy sounds like an idiot i didnt mean to sound like that either lol i meant modified as in the whole package exterior interior engine trunk suspension i dont just settle to put it in the motor because no matter who you are theres always someone faster so i just settle for equality in all areas of these beautiful cars...
Where are you at exactly as I live just about 10 minutes from Bloom and would love to meet other Xfire owners. I also didn't see or hear a lot of advertising but there was a s..tload of people there on Saturday, it looked like the Bloomsburg Fair.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:08 PM

Where are you at exactly as I live just about 10 minutes from Bloom and would love to meet other Xfire owners. I also didn't see or hear a lot of advertising but there was a s..tload of people there on Saturday, it looked like the Bloomsburg Fair.
as i would love to meet other xfire owners but not like your buddy from the car show today i post in the northeast forum about sightings and plans to meet up and no one in pa responds so i figure screw it lol

Old 08-13-2013, 11:11 AM

Hey jim...I talked to you a little at the show....,according to my wife it was a little like an hour.anyway there is a cruise in at the Lewisburg Wal-Mart this Saturday the 17th..if your interested..its just a cruise in ,no trophies but they get a lot of cars.also the river fest show in sunbury is this sat.I think im gonna try to make both but i'll have to see what time I get off work on sat.morn.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:10 PM

I know this is an old thread but is anyone up here in PA or surrounding areas going to this event this year? I would love to meet other people with crossfires...

Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 PM

I know this is an old thread but is anyone up here in PA or surrounding areas going to this event this year? I would love to meet other people with crossfires...

Yes, I will be going, it's only 6 miles from my home, so, unless it's a monsoon, I will be there all 3 days. I expect to see a least a few Cfires this year.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:58 PM

I will probably be going sat and maybe sunday I want to bring both of my xfires since I didn't get to make Carlisle this year...does DTMenace come I think I have seen his srt6 at other show in bloomsburg before?!?!

Old 07-30-2014, 10:52 PM

I will probably be going sat and maybe sunday I want to bring both of my xfires since I didn't get to make Carlisle this year...does DTMenace come I think I have seen his srt6 at other show in bloomsburg before?!?!

No, I haven't seen Dennis there and I have been to both. Last year there was a SRT6 there, the only one I've seen other than mine. He was only there Sat.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

xfireon20z
Sorry to say, it was not me at or near the Bloomsburg show(s), but I was at Carlisle as recent as this year, chatting it up with Jim (jefasold) this year.

When I mapquested the route from West Chester, PA, it indicated a 2.5 hour drive with no direct route other than the NE Extension and west on I-80. Sorry to say, it's out of my range. Carlisle is only 1.5 hours away on the PA turnpike.
I hope the weather is warm and dry for the Bloomsburg event, since it will be raining this week end in my area.
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 08-01-2014, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by DTMenace
xfireon20z
Sorry to say, it was not me at or near the Bloomsburg show(s), but I was at Carlisle as recent as this year, chatting it up with Jim (jefasold) this year.

When I mapquested the route from West Chester, PA, it indicated a 2.5 hour drive with no direct route other than the NE Extension and west on I-80. Sorry to say, it's out of my range. Carlisle is only 1.5 hours away on the PA turnpike.
I hope the weather is warm and dry for the Bloomsburg event, since it will be raining this week end in my area.
Dennis
DTMenace
hmm i was almost sure it was yours i see a ssb srt6 there almost every year and the guy wears a cicci hat unless thats jim?!?

Old 08-02-2014, 01:25 PM
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

hmm i was almost sure it was yours i see a ssb srt6 there almost every year and the guy wears a cicci hat unless thats jim?!?
It was definitely Jim, but I don't think he had the CICCI hat, since he and I are not members of CICCI at this time.....
Dennis
DTMenace

Quick Reply: Bloomsburg nationals