Car Shows The place to discuss car shows and tips and tricks for winning them...

Chrysler Nationals Carlisle PA Jul 11 - Jul 13, 2014

Old 02-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Chrysler Nationals Carlisle PA Jul 11 - Jul 13, 2014

Bump........

Old 03-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am booked and registered for Carlisle.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

important hotel information

hampton inn advised us today that they will not be able to block rooms for our club members for saturday. Tony spoke to a "new" person that handles group reservations and she knw our history with the hotel and still would not secure rooms for saturday. Therefore, do not register to stay at the hampton inn harrisburg west unless you want to stay there.tony and i are still attempting to negotiate with the hampton but we are also searching for a new host hotel location. We will update you as soon as we solidify a host hotel for this year

we apologized for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:13 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ichon
important hotel information

hampton inn advised us today that they will not be able to block rooms for our club members for saturday. Tony spoke to a "new" person that handles group reservations and she knw our history with the hotel and still would not secure rooms for saturday. Therefore, do not register to stay at the hampton inn harrisburg west unless you want to stay there.tony and i are still attempting to negotiate with the hampton but we are also searching for a new host hotel location. We will update you as soon as we solidify a host hotel for this year

we apologized for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Thanks for letting us know.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:45 PM

I just received the following e-mail from the Hampton Inn. Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your call today! I am very sorry for the headache with reserving these rooms!

As we discussed, I could potentially hold rooms Thursday and Friday night for you group, but we don’t have availability here for Saturday night. And just to clarify that further, even if a guest checked in under your group Thursday or Friday, hoping to stay over Saturday night, they would still have to find other accommodations or make a separate reservation here for that Saturday (they could stay at the group rate on Thursday and Friday, but would have to book outside of it at the regular rate for Saturday). Just wanted to make sure we were both on the same page with that!

While I hate to have to say “no” to you, it might be more convenient for your guests if you held rooms for all three nights a different property. That way, they wouldn’t have to move around and get uprooted. I REALLY wish I could get you in! I know you have stayed here in the past and I hate to turn away your business!

Let me know what you end up deciding- I know you will do what is best for your people!

Emily Hlywiak

Sales Coordinator

Hampton Inn - Harrisburg West &
Homewood Suites - Harrisburg West
4950 Ritter Rd | Mechanicsburg, PA
(717) 691-1300 ext. 2603

emily.hlywiak@hilton.com

My reply: Hi Emily

I real wish you could have helped us as well. We are disappointed, at the end of our stay each year we get handed forms to fill out on who would like to reserve rooms for the following year.

With that said and the fact that we have been staying at your hotel for the last 5 years and have even given a plaque to your hotel to show our appreciation, a courtesy call would have been nice. We are now unfortunately going to be taking our business else where.

Thank you.
Anthony Crispino
Founding Board Member
Crossfire International Car Club Inc.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:47 PM

I also posted the following on their Facebook page:

I want to let you all know how disappointing our members are. Each year for at least the last 5 years we have been staying at your hotel when we attend the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, at the end of our stay each year we get handed forms to fill out on who would like to reserve rooms for the following year, some of our members fill them out and hand them in before they check out.

We have been blocking rooms from Thursday night to Saturday, and filling all that we have booked, we held our clubs award dinners there as well as our welcome party Friday night.

With that said and the fact that we have been staying at your hotel for the last 5 years and have even given a plaque to your hotel to show our appreciation, a courtesy call would have been nice, to see what our intentions were for this year. Being that you can't accommodate us, I'm sure you wont miss our business. We are now unfortunately going to be taking our business else where.

Let them know how displeased we are.
https://www.facebook.com/HamptonInnHarrisburgWest

Old 03-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by acrispy1
I also posted on their Facebook page:
Let them know how displeased we are.
https://www.facebook.com/HamptonInnHarrisburgWest
I let them know Tony

Old 03-07-2014, 07:18 PM

I saw that Gary. Thanks.. We have a couple of hotels were working on, hopefully one will pan out.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:24 PM

It's obvious we will not be at the Hampton Inn, Chas has made contact with a few other hotels in the area, they will let us know within the next couple of days if they can accommodate us, if not we will have to check in at different hotels. Stay tuned we will have an answer either way soon... Sorry for the inconvenience.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:27 PM

Tony, I booked a room at the Ramada, it's a little closer but I don't know if they would accommodate the group or not. It might be worth checking.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:54 PM

Which Ramada Jim? There's a couple in the area.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:37 AM

It is called Ramada Limited Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West, Mechanicsburg and is listed at 350 Bent Creek Blvd, Mechanicsburg. I went through Expedia and it was $109 per night

Old 03-10-2014, 08:35 PM

Deleted Deleted

Last edited by ichon; 03-12-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:46 AM

Chas what you posted is a link to Ramada in Maryland, prices in Carlisle I'm sure will be more.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:38 PM

I just receive a call from Brenda at Hampton Inn Harrisburg-West She informed me that they had a meeting and moved things around for us. They have been able to block 30 rooms. She expressed her concerns and apologized for the inconvenience and I do appreciate her reaching out to us.

At this point Chas and I have already reached out to other hotels in the area, one hotel has gotten back to us already and can accommodate us and at a better price. We are waiting on 2 more that said they will get back to us by tomorrow. I was honest with Brenda and told her, I will call her back to let her know either way.

I know a few have already booked elsewhere, it would be nice to have us all at one location but I understand if that isn't the case, at least we will all be together at the fair grounds. Again sorry for any inconvenience but we will have a host hotel soon.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by acrispy1
Chas what you posted is a link to Ramada in Maryland, prices in Carlisle I'm sure will be more.
Gotcha, I deleted it. I had too many screens opened at one time. I left a message yesterday with Marriott, Residence Inn and Fairfield Inn. If neither responds by 3:00pm today then we'll go with the verbal commitment your obtained yesterday.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:31 AM

Tony,
I am new to all of this, but I just registered for the forum this monring and I was excited to read about he event in Carlisle. I registered for the Chrysler Nationals this morning and my number is #37233.

I haven't booked a room, I will wait to see what if you are able to secure a block of rooms. Also, I assume all the Crossfires will park together, I will know how to find that area?

Thanks and I hope to meet all of you in July.

Jay N.

2005 Chrysler Crossfire
Limited Roadster
Aero Blue Pearl Coat

Old 03-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jayman00
Tony,
I am new to all of this, but I just registered for the forum this monring and I was excited to read about he event in Carlisle. I registered for the Chrysler Nationals this morning and my number is #37233.

I haven't booked a room, I will wait to see what if you are able to secure a block of rooms. Also, I assume all the Crossfires will park together, I will know how to find that area?

Jay N.

2005 Chrysler Crossfire
Limited Roadster
Aero Blue Pearl Coat

Jay welcome, I have been going to Carlisle for about 4 years, and it has been a blast each time the show filed is nice but the people that you meet at field and back at the hotel have all been great.
It is always a fun time make sure you keep watching Tony's posts to know about any activities that the group plan back at hotel or in the evenings.
Where are you driving from?

Dave B.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by jayman00
Tony,

Jay N.

2005 Chrysler Crossfire
Limited Roadster
Aero Blue Pearl Coat
Welcome aboard Jay. The new host hotel will be secured before the weekend and we'll make sure to post up all the info you'll need. Is this your first Carlisle Chrysler event? Be prepared to be blown away. And yes you'll park with the other Crossfires and we'll make sure you know where that is? Did you notate a car club affiliation when you registered?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire
Jay welcome, I have been going to Carlisle for about 4 years, and it has been a blast each time the show filed is nice but the people that you meet at field and back at the hotel have all been great.
It is always a fun time make sure you keep watching Tony's posts to know about any activities that the group plan back at hotel or in the evenings.
Where are you driving from?

Dave B.

Hey David, I believe Jay is from Western PA.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Nationals Carlisle PA Jul 11 - Jul 13, 2014