Car Shows The place to discuss car shows and tips and tricks for winning them...

SEMA Show - stop by

Old 10-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEMA Show - stop by

If anyone is going to the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, stop by and say hi, my booth is in Hot Rod Alley, space 23283 (American-Retro). November 4th through the 7th. Randy Grubb's latest creation will be in my booth.

Dave

Old 10-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: SEMA Show - stop by

Originally Posted by americanretrodave
If anyone is going to the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, stop by and say hi, my booth is in Hot Rod Alley, space 23283 (American-Retro). November 4th through the 7th. Randy Grubb's latest creation will be in my booth.Dave
Dave, when you 1st. joined the forum, (and posted a photo of your scooter) I was going to ask you if you had some affilation with Randy Grubb.
I've been a big fan of his Decoliner ever since I first saw it's construction photo's in Hot Rod. (I've always been crazy about the style of the old White truck cabs, and the old milk truck "walk-in" delivery vans.
The old GM Autorama fleet grabbed my attention as well. All works of Art in my book.
My Daughter use to live in Vegas up until a couple years ago, and she could have got me into the SEMA show, I wish I could make it out there this year.
Mike

Old 10-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Dave, when you 1st. joined the forum, (and posted a photo of your scooter) I was going to ask you if you had some affilation with Randy Grubb.
I've been a big fan of his Decoliner ever since I first saw it's construction photo's in Hot Rod. (I've always been crazy about the style of the old White truck cabs, and the old milk truck "walk-in" delivery vans.
The old GM Autorama fleet grabbed my attention as well. All works of Art in my book.
My Daughter use to live in Vegas up until a couple years ago, and she could have got me into the SEMA show, I wish I could make it out there this year.
Mike
Hi Mike,

Randy Grubb is a good friend; I consider Randy as the foremost automotive artist in the world and have never looked at my tripod as anything but a work of art. The picture below of the Decoliner has me on top standing up waving, we took it up to the giant redwoods (about 45 min from my house). His latest project, which will be in my booth for it's unveiling, is just plane wild. For all who don't know who Randy is, look up his name on the internet and click on pictures. He blows his own glass too, that beautiful black roadster enjoys a glass grille, the portholes on the decoliner get gradually smaller in size as they go back an also pick up a decreasing line as they stick out. The deco liner is cool, especially driving it around the big redwoods from the flying bridge, you can't believe how high you are. A little unknown fact, Randy started his artistic career with glass, his paper weights commanded prices in the 12 to 25k range and usually took 25 to 40 days to make.

I'm rambling on, getting back to your post, if you can make it to SEMA, stop by, email if you have trouble getting in, I might have an extra pass.

Dave

Old 10-23-2014, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by americanretrodave
Hi Mike,

Randy Grubb is a good friend; I consider Randy as the foremost automotive artist in the world and have never looked at my tripod as anything but a work of art. The picture below of the Decoliner has me on top standing up waving, we took it up to the giant redwoods (about 45 min from my house). His latest project, which will be in my booth for it's unveiling, is just plane wild. For all who don't know who Randy is, look up his name on the internet and click on pictures. He blows his own glass too, that beautiful black roadster enjoys a glass grille, the portholes on the decoliner get gradually smaller in size as they go back an also pick up a decreasing line as they stick out. The deco liner is cool, especially driving it around the big redwoods from the flying bridge, you can't believe how high you are. A little unknown fact, Randy started his artistic career with glass, his paper weights commanded prices in the 12 to 25k range and usually took 25 to 40 days to make.

I'm rambling on, getting back to your post, if you can make it to SEMA, stop by, email if you have trouble getting in, I might have an extra pass.

Dave
What a generous offer, thank you so much Dave. I wish there was some way I could take advantage of it, but there is just no way I can do it this year.
Forum member "Andrew" usually makes it out there every year, so keep an eye out for him. His Avatar is "Mr Clean" (he's a detail artist) and real estate mogul who always had the cleanest white Crossfire on the forum, and a heck of a great guy.
There are several forum members here who live in Vegas, so I'm sure you are going to meet some fellow Crossfire owners. Mike, "MoparrBust" owns one of the best looking (and fastest) SRT6's around, and he may show up too.
Enjoy the show, and good luck drummin up business.
By the way, my Wife, Daughter and I were out your way a couple of years ago, and we loved the Red Wood forest. My Wife and I drove our Z car up US 1 from LA all the way up to Seattle over 30 years ago, then we travelled thru Yellowstone. What a beautiful part of the state to live.

Last edited by +fireamx; 10-23-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by +fireamx
What a generous offer, thank you so much Dave. I wish there was some way I could take advantage of it, but there is just no way I can do it this year.
Forum member "Andrew" usually makes it out there every year, so keep an eye out for him. His Avatar is "Mr Clean" (he's a detail artist) and real estate mogul who always had the cleanest white Crossfire on the forum, and a heck of a great guy.
There are several forum members here who live in Vegas, so I'm sure you are going to meet some fellow Crossfire owners. Mike, "MoparrBust" owns one of the best looking (and fastest) SRT6's around, and he may show up too.
Enjoy the show, and good luck drummin up business.
By the way, my Wife, Daughter and I were out your way a couple of years ago, and we loved the Red Wood forest. My Wife and I drove our Z car up US 1 from LA all the way up to Seattle over 30 years ago, then we travelled thru Yellowstone. What a beautiful part of the state to live.
Well I will miss meeting you Mike, but I hope some of the other members stop by. BTW, I have always admired your hood scoop, thought about adding one myself. In fact, it's one of the things I'm going to look for at SEMA, just in case I feel a need to scratch that itch.

The mountains out here are beautiful, everytime I drive up to the giant redwoods I question myself on why I go so long inbetween trips.

Dave

Old 10-23-2014, 11:07 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Dave, I have a friend who owns a body shop near me, and if he goes again this year, I may tag alone. CICCI is a member as well, not sure if any from the club are going yet. I will look you up if I go.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:26 PM

Thanks for the props on my hood Dave, I'd enjoy meeting you too.
Who knows, there is a new CAA every year.
We made it to Vegas a couple years ago, that's relatively close to you.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...some-pics.html
We would have driven the Crossfire to the Sequoia National Park if my Daughter wasn't with us.
Still had a good time playing with the paddle shifts in her Boyfriend's Lexus IS 350 on the parks fantastic roads.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Dave, I have a friend who owns a body shop near me, and if he goes again this year, I may tag alone. CICCI is a member as well, not sure if any from the club are going yet. I will look you up if I go.

Sounds good Doc, I hope you make it. It's one fantastic show.

MIKE WROTE: Thanks for the props on my hood Dave, I'd enjoy meeting you too.
Who knows, there is a new CAA every year.
We made it to Vegas a couple years ago, that's relatively close to you.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...some-pics.html
We would have driven the Crossfire to the Sequoia National Park if my Daughter wasn't with us.
Still had a good time playing with the paddle shifts in her Boyfriend's Lexus IS 350 on the parks fantastic roads.
I hope you can make it out sometime, it would be a nice drive up to Grant's Grove.

Dave

Last edited by americanretrodave; 10-23-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:20 PM

headed over to the body shop now. I will let you know.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was planning on going but I cant get away from Work But my boys will be there..All Out OffRoad and their sick 4 wheel drive trucks. They do all of our lifted F150's and F250's we sell.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:13 PM

Looks like no one wants to go....so, we are staying home......

Old 10-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Forum Regular

OLEDOC WROTE: Looks like no one wants to go....so, we are staying home......

TRENZMAN WROTE: I was planning on going but I cant get away from Work But my boys will be there..All Out OffRoad and their sick 4 wheel drive trucks. They do all of our lifted F150's and F250's we sell.

Sorry guys, you'll miss a great show.

Mike, you mentioned Randy Grubb, they did an article on him in the Southern Oregon and I was mentioned, note a few pictures from the article, the last picture was in my drive with my wife, it wasn't in the article.

Dave

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Oregonmag1.JPG (142.5 KB, 6 views)
oregonmag2.JPG (139.4 KB, 6 views)
oregonmag3.JPG (161.4 KB, 6 views)
Oregonmag4.JPG (132.8 KB, 6 views)
decolinera.jpg (110.3 KB, 7 views)