New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Helpful Info for those looking to purchase a Crossfire

Old 07-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts
Default Helpful Info for those looking to purchase a Crossfire

We have seen the question asked several times here before:
"I'm buying a Crossfire - What should I know about ? "

These are some threads that discuss info for those of you who are interested in purchasing a Crossfire for the first time.
We try to explain the differences in the different models and model years and discuss some of the common maintenance and technical issues that have been discovered over the years by those of us who have owned them and currently own them.

Please help me decide on the Crossfire..

Index of Crossfire problems and repairs

Buying a Crossfire - common technical issues/problems?

Picking up '05 Roadster next week -- anything to look for at dealer?

Considering an '04 what should I look for?

Index of Crossfire problems, repairs and How Too's

Now go buy a Crossfire!
Your support group here at the forum will help you with any issues that pop up!

Thanks to "tighed1" for these helpful links

Also here is a very good video explaining the Crossfire to anyone who is interested in buying one of these fine cars

Last edited by Valk; 03-13-2015 at 12:34 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Valk:
smsunder (10-17-2022), ×Crossfire1× (08-14-2023)
Old 07-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Default Re: Helpful Info for those looking to purchase a Crossfire

Originally Posted by smfrycruzr
There is really no differences between the year models. The '04s are all "Limiteds", with the only diff. being the auto-dim rear view mirror, I beleive. Some minor cosmetic changes to the knee bolster areas in later years, for the air bag system, again, I beleive. The later years came out with the Roadsters, SRTs ('05 only), Base, and Special Editions ('05 only) .
On the Base models, you don't get the big amp for the stereo, Black paint only, no window surround (silver part on the others), no silver side strakes, cloth seats (no heat), and maybe a few other minor things ( someone else may help me on this.
The '05 Special Editions are all (I beleive) Inferno Red or Blaze Red (not sure which), silver surround, silver strakes, and SRT wheels, and maybe a few other minor cosmetics.
And last, but surely, not least, the SRT6s. What can I say, hand built, supercharged, AMG V6 with 320 HP motor!!! WOW!! I beleive they beefed up the suspension on these a bit. And a few minor cosmetics on the cabin interior.
Best thing is to look for the color you want and milage you can afford, stick or auto (SRTs are auto only).
Hope this helps...

Old 11-15-2013, 07:04 PM

This thread is to allow others to add info they feel will be helpful to newbies looking to buy a Crossfire for the first tim
Please post specifics to the topic and be brief as possible to help allow newbies to read through the posts and gain valuable info
Also feel free to provide links to other threads which also discuss info related to the topic here.
I will attempt to monitor this thread and may edit content if needed to keep it on topic and specific to the topic.

Thanks, Gary

Last edited by Valk; 01-17-2015 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Just would mention that "big and tall" people should try on a Crossfire and make sure you can get comfortable. There is slightly more range to a coupe than a roadster and the potential for modification of a coupe is greater but may require surgery to the seat (in case of hip issues) and the rear bulkhead (non-structural) for the tall.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Padgett
Just would mention that "big and tall" people should try on a Crossfire and make sure you can get comfortable. There is slightly more range to a coupe than a roadster and the potential for modification of a coupe is greater but may require surgery to the seat (in case of hip issues) and the rear bulkhead (non-structural) for the tall.
I thought the roadster had a bit more headroom and all other dimensions were the same.
So I checked and I am correct.

2 0 0 5 C H R Y S L E R C R O S S F I R E C O U P E / C R O S S F I R E R O A D S T E R

ACCOMMODATIONS
Seating Capacity __________________________________________________ _________________________________2
Front
Head room __________________________________________________ ____________________36.9 (936)—Coupe
37.3 (948)—Roadster

Leg room __________________________________________________ ___________________________42.7 (1085)
Shoulder room __________________________________________________ ______________________52.7 (1338)
Hip room __________________________________________________ ___________________________53.3 (1354)
Seat travel __________________________________________________ _____________________________7.6 (194)
Volume index __________________________________________________ ________48.0 cu. ft. (1.36 cu. m)—Coupe
48.6 cu. ft. (1.37 cu. m)—Roadster
Cargo volume index __________________________________________________ __________7.6 cu. ft. (215L)—Coupe;
6.5 cu. ft. (190L) with top up—Roadster;
3.6 cu. ft. (104L) with top down—Roadster

The following users liked this post:
stlouistrucker (02-21-2023)
Old 01-31-2020, 04:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

All of the previous info is great as intended but how much visibility is going to happen for someone wanting to buy a car when the add is stuck in with the PARTS wanted category ?
Two chances , little & none !
Certainly in the scope of everything posted , this is a very important subject .Can't we find a better place for that subject ?
Thankyou
Bob

Old 01-31-2020, 05:37 PM
Received 340 Likes on 300 Posts

The original post was in 2011, 9 years ago.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:23 PM
Administrator
Received 880 Likes on 686 Posts

I am ALWAYS trying to find this thread to give a link to someone on Facebook. I will leave it here, but............

I put a link to it in "New Members" with what I think is a good title, maybe this will make it easier to find:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...crossfire.html

Old 02-10-2020, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by twanger
All of the previous info is great as intended but how much visibility is going to happen for someone wanting to buy a car when the add is stuck in with the PARTS wanted category ?
Two chances , little & none !
Certainly in the scope of everything posted , this is a very important subject .Can't we find a better place for that subject ?
Thankyou
Bob
it is a thread in the “Cars for sale” section
it is also now linked in the “New Members” section too

The following users liked this post:
×Crossfire1× (08-14-2023)
Old 02-10-2020, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I am ALWAYS trying to find this thread to give a link to someone on Facebook. I will leave it here, but............

I put a link to it in "New Members" with what I think is a good title, maybe this will make it easier to find:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...crossfire.html
Good idea Mark
I felt having it in the “Cars for sale” section was a good place and still is but a link in
“New Members introduction” is good too

Old 03-14-2020, 10:11 AM

Thanks , this should give the subject better visibility .

Bob

Old 03-14-2020, 10:29 AM

Here is another suggestion I've used w/ good success to find info about a members car for sale as for some reason some sellers just don't include much or any info about what they are selling .
Most members feel compelled to post something about their cars , either good or bad & how to fix it , so if you go into their "see all posts" option on their home place , you may find out about their vehicles past including one that they might be selling . This can include info they may not want to share w/ a buyer but in reality the buyer deserves it .
Just recently I used this approach on a SRT6 whereby afterwards I realized why the seller may have been closed mouth about it which deleted my interest in buying .

I hope this post doesn't eventually eliminate this option !

Last edited by twanger; 03-14-2020 at 01:04 PM.