Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Ran accross this little 9,800 mile gem on EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 12:23 AM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts
Default Ran accross this little 9,800 mile gem on EBAY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Crossfire-hatchback-2004-chrysler-crossfire-9800-miles-/281392865857?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4184526241&item=281392865857&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

A time capsule possibly for a bargain?

manual shifter hmmm.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Ran accross this little 9800 mile gem on EBAY

Nice car but no bargain @ $14K. I have fewer miles on my SRT6 and we all know what they have been fetching

Old 07-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 450 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Nice car but no bargain @ $14K.
I don't see $14k in the add ??

Old 07-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VALK
I don't see $14k in the add ??

"2004 chrysler crossfire / 9800 miles !!! /pa. one owner / like new condition / 6 speed manual transmission / what more can be said / is there another on the face of the earth like this one ? / call don at 717-228-8628 for any questions / asking $13995"

Old 07-26-2014, 02:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
"2004 chrysler crossfire / 9800 miles !!! /pa. one owner / like new condition / 6 speed manual transmission / what more can be said / is there another on the face of the earth like this one ? / call don at 717-228-8628 for any questions / asking $13995"

Yep, just down the page below Specific Items.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:31 PM

What the owner thinks it will fetch and what is being bid are two very different things.

At the moment, Crossies are not "collectables" nor pursued by more than a handful of "purists" who would pay top dollar for a rather Plain Jane Virgin.
I would say $11K as the best this car would fetch at E-Bay. But $9K would be a good number.

My Granddaughter wants a Crossie coupe. If she was two years older, I might offer as much a that for the car.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That is a find. I doubt if in the next two years there will be another with such low miles offered.

I bought an obsessively maintained black on black Volvo Bertone Coupe for my daughter two years before her 16th birthday. It did not take long to figure out it was the wrong car for her though as that birthday neared. The rough white wrangler convertible was a much better fit with her personality.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My opinion is, let these people put the high prices on these cars. I would like to see ads asking $40,000.00. People who don't have one will think they are very valuable, and people who own one can just smile.
These people are idiots anyway, the proof is they are selling their cars.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Just upped the stated value on the Judge, at 44 it is appreciating.

Ususually a car is past its teen years before they start appreciating my 88 Reatta is just starting back up but is a major seperation between value of pristine vs junque. Have seen decent rust free convertible for $2k-$3k but that is heading up again and these are cars that totalled 20K production in four years. Allantes are worse mainly because there were so many of them. Reattae were also all digital (88 has a touchscreen in the console, Buyers didn't like it.).

There were 75k Crossfires built between 2003 and 2008. That is too new and too many to appreciate yet though SRTs are and will command higher prices. Same for roadsters.

I bought mine as a Fiero replacement and is doing very well now that I can sit confortably for hours at a time. Nice toy.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ewaynec
My opinion is, let these people put the high prices on these cars. I would like to see ads asking $40,000.00. People who don't have one will think they are very valuable, and people who own one can just smile.

Love it. That final sentence gets the diplomat trophy.

I am struck by the 2002-2005 Thunderbird folks. It is a car I find attractive and considered.

Now those owners are a bunch of cheerleaders for their cars. The asking prices are typically in the upper teens to mid twenties range for their lesser vehicles.

All it takes is for us owners to, as Nancy Reagan said, "Just say no" to those low offers. On the other hand, we could drive the values down by criticizing those that know the value of what they have.

Fun car. Well made. Uncommon and beautiful styling. And, in the case of mine (black as it is) very, very fast. With fewer each year they might just hold their value better than most on this site seem to think, especially if we could convert a Thunderbird owner or two.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
Love it. That final sentence gets the diplomat trophy.

I am struck by the 2002-2005 Thunderbird folks. It is a car I find attractive and considered.

Now those owners are a bunch of cheerleaders for their cars. The asking prices are typically in the upper teens to mid twenties range for their lesser vehicles.

All it takes is for us owners to, as Nancy Reagan said, "Just say no" to those low offers. On the other hand, we could drive the values down by criticizing those that know the value of what they have.

Fun car. Well made. Uncommon and beautiful styling. And, in the case of mine (black as it is) very, very fast. With fewer each year they might just hold their value better than most on this site seem to think, especially if we could convert a Thunderbird owner or two.
The ford T-bird is a toy version of the original 55-57 model. It's value ismaintained by the factory support our Crossies nolonger enjoy. That, most likely, is why they hold a bit better value.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
The ford T-bird is a toy version of the original 55-57 model. It's value ismaintained by the factory support our Crossies nolonger enjoy. That, most likely, is why they hold a bit better value.
That would make sense.

But then what would explain the increase iin value of just about every muscle car and special interest cars such as the Jensen Interceptor, AMC AMX, Sebring CitiCar, Triumph Stag and TVR's (all of which have no company support, been owned by me and which are each worth more today than when I bought/sold them) ?

I have owned three Thunderbirds, all Sports Roadsters, all also worth much more today that when I bought/sold them but not more so than the others despite no factory support.

You must have a different Crossfire than mine. Mine is great car and a much better car than any modern Thunderbird. I voted with my dollars.

By the way, love the Batman costume quote....

Old 07-28-2014, 06:00 PM

That would make sense.

But then what would explain the increase iin value of just about every muscle car and special interest cars such as the Jensen Interceptor, AMC AMX, Sebring CitiCar, Triumph Stag and TVR's (all of which have no company support, been owned by me and which are each worth more today than when I bought/sold them) ?

I have owned three Thunderbirds, all Sports Roadsters, all also worth much more today that when I bought/sold them but not more so than the others despite no factory support.

You must have a different Crossfire than mine. Mine is great car and a much better car than any modern Thunderbird. I voted with my dollars.

By the way, love the Batman costume quote....
I owned a 57 bird for years. Loved it.

My Crossie is no different than most. Far and above the modern T-bird. I don't understand your point there.

The 2002 T bird was a dream brought to life, literaly drug there, by Henry the III. Too Late for the market it addressed and too Wimpy, it was built for a market of guys like me who always wanted one,,,again. Though the retro looks were appealing, it just did not have the stuff.

As for quirky old english cars, there is no explanation for the lure. MG roadsters andtriuphs have their following 'cause they are differt'>

Muscle cars are a whole nuther region of insanity. And i share that disease with many ethusiasts out there who wish we had the time and the money to be a teenager again. Forgeting eintirely the impractability of a 440 wedge in a Dart Chassis.

The Crossfire doesn't bring any of that back. The 2000 series T-bird alludes to, but in my humble opinion, did not deliver. Still it begs my heart a bit, whenever I see one.

But, as you said, the crossie is a better car period.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 07-29-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:37 PM
Forum Regular

I owned a 57 bird for years. Loved it.

My Crossie is no different than most. Far and above the modern T-bird. I don't understand you point there.

The Crossfire doesn't bring any of that back. The 2000 series T-bird alludes to, but in my humble opinion, did not deliver. Still it begs my heart a bit, whenever I see one.

But, as you said, the crossie is a better car period.
I am not much of bike guy but I have thought the Crossfire is to the Retro Thunderbird what the Buell is to the Harley and that there is a market for each.

And, I am aware you have had your Crossfire longer than I have had mine and even own one more.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:28 PM

I am not much of bike guy but I have thought the Crossfire is to the Retro Thunderbird what the Buell is to the Harley and that there is a market for each.

And, I am aware you have had your Crossfire longer than I have had mine and even own one more.

I would agree with the Buell analogy.

Yes I have the best of both versions. An NA stick with a kick and the supercharged coupe for the wife.

Both are more fun to drive than anything I have had previously.

I'll prolly buy another one here soon as my granddaughter wants one and I ain't given mine up. Crumpy is still keen on her SRT so something like this one would do. But as I said earlier, it is two years too soon. I like them and it doesn't bother me that they are now so cheap. As I'm driving mine until the wheels fall off, it really matters little what it's worth on the market.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 07-28-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:34 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought mine 4 years ago (4 years newer) with only 5900 miles on it for $13,000. Not sure I'd buy this one at the price he has posted now. The 10 to 11 thousand range may work, but $14K seems steep. Now, if it were an SRT then certainly a consideration......

Old 07-31-2014, 05:33 PM

Bidding stopped at $7,700. What's that tellyou?

Old 07-31-2014, 05:43 PM
xme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bidding stopped at $7,700. What's that tellyou?
Never to sell a Crossfire on eBay?

In all seriousness though, $7,700? Ouch...

Old 07-31-2014, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ewaynec

I'm selling my limited coupe so I can buy an SRT6

Am I an idiot?

Old 07-31-2014, 08:35 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

no you are not....a lot less of those SRT6 in the world.... May never be a collector, but I am still keeping up with most new cars....with a lot more HP>>>>>>

Quick Reply: Ran accross this little 9,800 mile gem on EBAY