Cars For Sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!

2005 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE CONVERTIBLE ROADSTER SRT-6 SUPER LOW MILEAGE ONLY 7K MILES !!

GRAPHITE COLOR, ALL STOCK, NO MODS, ALL ORIGINAL, NO ACCIDENTS, NEVER PAINTED, OR IN ANY WAY REPAIRED, PAINT IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AS IS THE REST OF THE CAR. HAVE ONLY DONE MINOR MAINTENANCE ON IT. I BOUGHT IT OVER TWO YEARS AGO, AND IT IS BY FAR ONE OF MY FAVORITE CARS, AND BEST BUYS EVER !!! TORN ABOUT SELLING IT BUT IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT I CAN BE CONVINCED. I have too many cars to fit into the garage right now and as much as I know this vehicle will only appreciate in value now, I'd rather someone else have it who will actually enjoy it. I have my beloved slk32 amg and it makes no sense to have both, it would just continue to sit in the garage as they are the same car. I'm offering it here to my fellow crossfire srt-6/slk32 amg lovers first before I offer it on ebay and cl locally. Everything in the car works, nothing is broken, it's an immaculate cream puff.

Recently there was one listed by someone on ebay and the bids went up to $25,300, but it did not meet reserve, this seller wanted a lot more for it and he will have no problem getting more if he hasn't already, he had only 3k miles on his. We all know that the super low mileage ones have been going up in value the last few years. As far as I know there are only THREE including mine with less then 10K miles on them. Considering the age of the car, the condition, the rarity of the low mileage srt-6 and convertible, makes this a super rare collectors vehicle.

Now a little history of this vehicle, so I bought it in 2014, it came from an auction in Florida, It still had the original tires on it with full tread, but they were from 2004, so were a bit hard riding from age, I replaced them with brand new Continental Contitrac DWS all season tires, great comfort, super quiet, excellent traction, I also had the typical rear window unglued from the soft top problem (read about it here), called Chrysler, and they opened up a case under the recall/customer service campaign for a new top within the 100K mile / 10 year warranty which still applied to the vehicle at the time, with three weeks left before expiration, I jumped on that and the dealer replaced it with a $400 cost to me, Last year the cylinders for the top started to leak, I also repaired those, I also replaced the carpet insulator under the hood, as they tend to come out of the grooves as they shrink with age, happens on my slks too, and I replaced the tranny mount when I felt a little bit more then normal vibration from the drive train at one time, also wasn't too bad but was hard from age, and started to crack a little, known issue with these cars, finally I also got a little tranny leak from the infamous electrical connector, which was still original, those were prone to leak, so that also has been replaced with the newer updated connector and new o-rings, the vehicle runs and drives like new and you have peace of mind that these typical problems that show up on these crossfires have all been repaired. I am very particular about my cars and their condition, any little thing that needs attention, gets it. With just 7800 miles on it all brakes are like new. It does not need anything except a new appreciative enthusiast owner.

I bought it over two years ago with only 6K miles on it, and after I got it my buddy fell in love with it instantly, and me having three slk's already, he bought it from me with the agreement that if he decides to sell it in the future it comes right back to me, that is what we did, so technically I am the third owner, although since I have complete knowledge of its whereabouts and condition for the last two years, plus i am the one that worked on it the last two years, changed mobil1 oi & filter etc., I consider me/him as the second owner. My buddy took it out once in a while for a short ride and enjoyed it very much, but him being 7 foot tall, the only thing that bothered him was the fact that he couldn't stretch out his legs as much as he would like to be perfectly comfortable. It was not driven in the winter and stored in a garage. The vehicle is super clean inside and out.

The vehicle comes with an Illinois Rebuilt title clear of any leans and loans, so you have to get past that and I will consider this fact with any reasonable offers from seriously interested parties, I would prefer that anyone considering buying it come out here and check it out in person so they can see what a beauty she is. I want to stress again that the vehicle has never been in an accident, never been painted or had any kind of body work performed. It has been detailed and buffed, it does have two tiny little rock chips and one very hard to see tiny little scratch, and a little scuff on the underside of the front bumper cover. I would still describe it as ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Mechanically it's also like new. I also added black powder coat to the intake manifolds for a nicer engine bay look, changed out the brake fluid, and my buddy added the red stickers on the wheels that say crossfire, if you don't like them they will peel right off. Also I treated all the door and softtop rubber seals with Krytox.

I don't have to tell you guys how these srt-6s handle and how these engines run so smooth, I think everyone on this forum already is familiar with the capabilities of this vehicle, including any performance modifications that can be made to achieve more hp and fun.

So see my pics, and try not to drool! Thanks.

ASKING $25K

Attached Thumbnails 2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1318.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1319.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1298.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1286.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1289.jpg  

2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1294.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1296.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1304.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1300.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1595.jpg  

2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1599.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1322.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1308.jpg  

Last edited by performanceisland; 09-19-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:48 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: 2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k mile

Nice car, please explain the reason for a rebuilt title.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:54 AM
Default Re: 2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k mile

KBB dealer trade-in value is $10,900, private party value is $12,700 and that doesn't factor in rebuild title which can reduce value by 50% or more. An SRT Roadster with 65k miles sold on ebay this summer for $14,500. Car looks great hopefully you'll get a reasonable offer, good luck.

Attached Thumbnails 2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-image.png  

Last edited by Rpaczan; 09-20-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rpaczan
KBB dealer trade-in value is $10,900, private party value is $12,700 and that doesn't factor in rebuild title which can reduce value by 50% or more. An SRT Roadster with 65k miles sold on ebay this summer for $14,500. Car looks great hopefully you'll get a reasonable offer, good luck.
First of all 65K miles and 7K is a huge difference, second KBB does not apply as they do not have it right anymore, do to the recent sales of these low mileage crossfire srt-6s, and the fact that they already bottomed out in value and now are rising in value, people are getting 20K easily with around 20 thousand miles on them, all you have to do is look, there is a few sales on here in the near 20K range. In any case I am open to any reasonable offers by interested parties only, not looking to get into a debate over pricing with people that are not even interested in the vehicle. In any case a vehicle is only worth what someone is actually willing to pay for it, just like anything else and where one person sees value another might not, that's ok.

I will not argue with people about rebuilt titles, I deal with them all the time, and have an excellent understanding of value decrease and your 50% statement is not correct, even a newer vehicle that has been wrecked really bad after it is rebuilt correctly will still fetch 75% of its value, and I speak form experience, any vehicles that have NO damage on them, ie, theft, liquidation, estate sale, or other loss etc, as in NOT a wreck, your talking about a 10% decrease and that's a lot, furthermore if the vehicle is not near brand new, but 10 years or older, that difference is much smaller compared to a newer less then 3 year old vehicle, warranty being canceled do to branding has a lot to do with this too, bottom line is some people might not want to purchase a rebuilt title vehicle and that's fine, where some don't have a good understanding of the concept, others benefit. It all comes down to being knowledgeable enough to look at the vehicle yourself and be able to tell what has and hasn't been done to it, as is with any car purchase, considering you can have a practicaly completely rebuilt vehicle under an insurance claim, and if the insurance company fixes it for the owner that vehicle never gets a title brand, hell sometimes there is no report on carfax either and you can buy that off the street in worse condition then a rebuilt title vehicle.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:53 PM

...........you haven't explained the rebuilt title.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Did I miss the answer or you are not stating the reason?

Old 09-20-2016, 07:03 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Must be temptation pointed at me to have not 1 but 2 graphite roadsters up for sale at the same time. Both for 25k, one with a re-built title (explain please) and 1 in my back yard which really drives me nuts, that is spotless......

Old 09-21-2016, 08:59 AM

When an insurance company pays out a total loss claim on a vehicle and transfers ownership back to them after they pay the owner they obtain a branded title for the vehicle, for many reasons and usually state law, liability reasons, proof of financial loss for IRS, etc. Then they write off the loss and sell the vehicle at in insurance auto auction to recoup some cash money. This loss can be a simple theft, actual accident damage, or hail, or liquidation, and the list goes on. Not all vehicles are actually physically damaged, some are in perfect shape, such as this one. Illinois is one of those states that does NOT allow a CLEAN title to be issued after the vehicle has been branded before, no matter what shape the vehicle is in, what proof or inspections you go through, what experts say otherwise, some other states do, I have no control over this process. I can only try to speculate but that's pointless without proof, bottom line is, no paintwork, no bodywork, no signs of any body or mechanical damage of any kind, and the vehicle has been in my possession for the last 2 years, 2K miles. There is no difference in my vehicle then the other few for sale right now with such super low mileage, I encourage anyone interested to take a look at the vehicle in person, and bring whatever expert you want to check it out, I am very close to O'hare airport in the suburbs of Chicago, and will gladly pick anyone up from there to come see the car. Other then the rebuilt title branding you will not be able to tell the difference between this vehicle and the other low mileage ones listed. In fact mine will stand out as one of the best condition ones out there. Period. The only difference is when you buy mine you'll get a better deal, due to the rebuilt title status, and that's why I am open to offers, if it wasn't for that I would not even consider selling it for less then $30K with such low mileage.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:30 PM

Ok, so do you know the reason for the rebuilt title? Pick one:
Unknown Reason for Rebuilt Title
Estate Sale
Theft
Seizure
Stolen Parts
Water damage
Fire damage

Also, when you provide the explanation please include the VIN so we can check on Carfax.

Here's some additional info for forum members on rebuilt titles to consider:
Is a rebuilt title insurable?
Yes , it is. You should get liability converage without problems. As to full coverage (comprehensive and collision), not many companies will cover rebuilt vehicles, most will not give you collision. However, large companies like State Farm, GEICO, AllState or Progressive are reported to work with rebuilt autos. Contact the company, provide your car’s specs and ask a quote.

Does rebuilt title affect insurance?
Yes, it does. It primarily affects the number of companies that will insure it and the value of your vehicle. While liability should not be a big problem, not every company will offer full coverage insurance on a rebuilt title, very few will offer collision and vehicle’s value will be lower, which is absolutely just. However, the rates should not be affected, so the lower the value the less you pay. Many rebuilt car owners are only happy with that.

Does rebuilt title affect value?
Yes, it does. The value of a rebuilt vehicle is lower that that of a clean title. But how much a rebuilt title affects the value of a car depends on a number of factors, such as age, the type and extent of damage, quality of repair works. Generally, such autos are devalued by as much as 15-50%

Last edited by Rpaczan; 09-21-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by performanceisland
My buddy took it out once in a while for a short ride and enjoyed it very much, but him being 7 foot tall, the only thing that bothered him was the fact that he couldn't stretch out his legs as much as he would like to be perfectly comfortable.
can you please elaborate on this

Last edited by NeedsWings; 09-22-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:26 PM

When an insurance company pays out a total loss claim on a vehicle and transfers ownership back to them after they pay the owner they obtain a branded title for the vehicle, for many reasons and usually state law, liability reasons, proof of financial loss for IRS, etc. Then they write off the loss and sell the vehicle at in insurance auto auction to recoup some cash money. This loss can be a simple theft, actual accident damage, or hail, or liquidation, and the list goes on. Not all vehicles are actually physically damaged, some are in perfect shape, such as this one. Illinois is one of those states that does NOT allow a CLEAN title to be issued after the vehicle has been branded before, no matter what shape the vehicle is in, what proof or inspections you go through, what experts say otherwise, some other states do, I have no control over this process. I can only try to speculate but that's pointless without proof, bottom line is, no paintwork, no bodywork, no signs of any body or mechanical damage of any kind, and the vehicle has been in my possession for the last 2 years, 2K miles. There is no difference in my vehicle then the other few for sale right now with such super low mileage, I encourage anyone interested to take a look at the vehicle in person, and bring whatever expert you want to check it out, I am very close to O'hare airport in the suburbs of Chicago, and will gladly pick anyone up from there to come see the car. Other then the rebuilt title branding you will not be able to tell the difference between this vehicle and the other low mileage ones listed. In fact mine will stand out as one of the best condition ones out there. Period. The only difference is when you buy mine you'll get a better deal, due to the rebuilt title status, and that's why I am open to offers, if it wasn't for that I would not even consider selling it for less then $30K with such low mileage.
So you want us to believe that you bought a car with a rebuilt title not knowing why it has a rebuilt title and now you want us to make the same mistake?

Old 09-21-2016, 06:02 PM

Several SRT-6 Roadsters advertised on Autotrader, ~30k-110k miles, $11-17K, clear titles.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:36 PM

So you want us to believe that you bought a car with a rebuilt title not knowing why it has a rebuilt title and now you want us to make the same mistake?
What mistake??? I didn't make a mistake, this is by far my best buy at an auction. It's the only vehicle I have ever owned that actually went up in value.

I already explained why it has a rebuilt title. It's had a insurance loss claim paid out on it and was sold at an insurance auction to me, once that happens you cannot get a clean title, at least not in Illinois, as far as why exactly I do not know for sure, although I have a good idea based on my experience, but since it's only going to be my word with no proof I'm reluctant to do so, I will say that it was very superficial, the vehicle came from Florida, the insurance company isn't going to disclose any of the claim details to any third parties by law. I've already explained there is nothing wrong with the vehicle, nothing has been repaired or replaced, if it was something bad like a flood, it would be branded as such and there would be evidence of it, I don't want to go in circles about rebuilt titles, it is what it is, either you can get past it and take advantage of it or you can't and if you can't that's ok, cause someone else will. The vehicle is flawless, and physically no different then one with a CLEAN title. All my vehicles have rebuilt titles, and so does my families and friends, I have a license to buy at the insurance auctions where sometimes I get damaged vehicles and sometimes undamaged vehicles, if you have experience and know what you are doing, that's a great way to save money. All my vehicles are top notch, and anything I offer for sale is as well, has been gone though inside and out. If you are a serious buyer then come out and take a look at it, and see for yourself. I'm offering it here first to my fellow forum members in case someone wants to take advantage, but will be listing it locally next month, I do not have any problem selling a rebuilt title vehicle locally and I do not get as much of a hard time about it as I seem to get on this forum, and it certainly doesn't help when people who have no experience buying rebuilt title cars, going through the rebuilding process, buying vehicles at an insurance auction where you need a license to do so, people who are not mechanics or otherwise in the automotive industry, make misleading and uneducated statements about the process yet further misinforming others who are trying to learn and understand, and it is a complicated process with many differences from state to state.

I understand your curiosity, but if you think about it any used car you buy, you don't know where it's been, what's been done to it, what kind of accidents it's had, or extensive reconstruction, carfax doesn't show everything, it's good for verifiing mileage and sometimes maintenance history but other stuff, good luck, they miss a lot of things, and make a lot of errors, most common one is multiple owners, they think every time a title is issued its a new owner, among other things. I've seen this with cars that were extensively repaired at bodyshops, under an insurance claim, and to this day there is no reporting on a lot of them, bottom line is that when you buy a vehicle privately, you have to be comfortable buying a car on the street, able to inspect the vehicle yourself, or bring someone that can do that for you, and make a decision. Some people are completely incapable of doing that, and that's ok, they buy brand new cars with warranty from reputable brand name dealers for top dollar, and sometimes even that goes wrong, lemons do exist, and do get sold, even by big brand name dealers.

Last edited by performanceisland; 09-21-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:45 PM

I already explained why it has a rebuilt title. I was very detailed and clear.
Only in your mind. GLWS, you'll need it.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:55 PM

No, you explained reasons for a rebuilt title not the specific reason as it applies to your car. Either you don't know or you won't disclose the reason based on your responses. What's the VIN? I'd like to view the CarFax history. While you're at it might as well disclose what you paid for it at auction.

Last edited by Rpaczan; 09-21-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:52 PM

Several SRT-6 Roadsters advertised on Autotrader, ~30k-110k miles, $11-17K, clear titles.
yep 30-110k miles sure, how about some with around 10K for a good comparison? the first 10-20 thousand miles is where the value is at.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:59 PM

No, you explained reasons for a rebuilt title not the specific reason as it applies to your car. Either you don't know or you won't disclose the reason based on your responses. What's the VIN? I'd like to view the CarFax history. While you're at it might as well disclose what you paid for it at auction.
VIN: 1C3AN75N45X038451 I have the carfax, so anyone that wants a copy pm me and I can email it, I don't think they would appreciate me posting it in a public forum.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a 12-14K car period. Mine has 14k miles on it. I know the values. So does the rest of the free world.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by triplmmm
It's a 12-14K car period. Mine has 14k miles on it. I know the values. So does the rest of the free world.

That's your opinion and that's fine. In any case I already said I am very open to offers, if someone is actually interested in it. Here is the ad from the one that went to $25,300 on ebay, just a few weeks ago. There are even a few on here that sold for close to $20K with around just under 20K miles on them.

Attached Thumbnails 2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1731.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1732.jpg   2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!-img_1733.jpg  
Old 09-22-2016, 01:18 PM
Received 372 Likes on 323 Posts

Ok, so do you know the reason for the rebuilt title? Pick one:
Unknown Reason for Rebuilt Title
Estate Sale
Theft
Seizure
Stolen Parts
Water damage
Fire damage

Also, when you provide the explanation please include the VIN so we can check on Carfax.

Here's some additional info for forum members on rebuilt titles to consider:
Is a rebuilt title insurable?
Yes , it is. You should get liability converage without problems. As to full coverage (comprehensive and collision), not many companies will cover rebuilt vehicles, most will not give you collision. However, large companies like State Farm, GEICO, AllState or Progressive are reported to work with rebuilt autos. Contact the company, provide your car’s specs and ask a quote.

Does rebuilt title affect insurance?
Yes, it does. It primarily affects the number of companies that will insure it and the value of your vehicle. While liability should not be a big problem, not every company will offer full coverage insurance on a rebuilt title, very few will offer collision and vehicle’s value will be lower, which is absolutely just. However, the rates should not be affected, so the lower the value the less you pay. Many rebuilt car owners are only happy with that.

Does rebuilt title affect value?
Yes, it does. The value of a rebuilt vehicle is lower that that of a clean title. But how much a rebuilt title affects the value of a car depends on a number of factors, such as age, the type and extent of damage, quality of repair works. Generally, such autos are devalued by as much as 15-50%

Adding to Rpaczan's post, If I remember correctly, various states have their own requirements for titles that have some kind of 'emphasis' on them. A 'rebuilt' title in one state vs a 'rebuilt' title in another, have differing requirements (and I believe some states may not let you register it). Now, this all comes from a place deep in my mind that may be wrong (even though those deep places are more often right). If I was thinking of purchasing a car with a rebuilt title, I would check in-depth with both my current insurance company and current DMV. Future moves may or may not also come into play. An old saying 'caveat emptor' has a good application in this case (again, I believe it warrants mention and checking).

Quick Reply: 2005 chrysler crossfire convertible roadster srt-6 super low mileage only 7k miles !!