Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Fan Relay Recall

Old 05-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan Relay Recall

I have a couple of questions, I have taken my car by the Chrysler garage 3 times to get this fan relay installed and each time they tell me it is still on back order, this has been over a 3 month period. Each time he tells me he can't get the part and that he thinks the replacement is bad and this is why they can't get it.

1) Has anyone also been told this?
2) Is anyone else waiting for parts?
3) Is it an SLK part, and if so did MB have the same recall?

Also if any Chrysler reps are reading it would be good to here what you have to say.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Fan Relay Recall

The service manager at the dealership I use called me before the fan recall was talked about on this forum. He said he had 3 in stock and was calling customers who purchased crossfires there and they had first shot at the relays because they were going to be hard to find due to a shortage of the relays but from what I've read on this forum it seems to me that most people haven't had to wait very long for their relays.

Old 05-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine done a few weeks ago. Only took a couple days for dealership to get part in.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:35 AM
Forum Regular

If all you had replaced was the relay... then you need to go back to your

dealer and get the right part replaced... it's not the relay Brothers and

Sisters... it's the FAN... the darn things just stops working, go figure, and

it stops while your setting in hot heavy rush hour traffic, guess what's

happening to the engine, and transmission... ask the dealership what

should be done about the unseen engine and transmission damage due

to the over heating... I'll say it again "It’s the fan not the relay"... hooah

Last edited by FirebaseD; 05-22-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:25 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Fan Relay Recall

It is Recall E-19 "Cooling Fan Control Module".

Old 05-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this sux... they don't want to give me the part... instead i have to go back again on friday morning 8 am to have their monkeys install it... having a warranty bites the big one, i've never let anyone work on my cars before and i do NOT like the feeling... should have bought used...

today i showed up for my "scheduled" appointment at 9 am and all the bays are full and the mechanics are on a coffee break... WTF? get to work lazy bums, its 9 am, gimme a break... i work all day, whether it is at work or on my car in my spare time... coffee break... bums...

Old 05-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's nothing, I'm still waiting on my headlights. It's been almost 6, yes 6, months and everytime I asked the dealer what's up they tell me that it's still on back order. Even went to a different dealer about a month ago and still nothing, talk about a F****** PAIN IN MY A**.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:51 PM

Hey Everyone,
I had my headlight replaced, it took less than a week.
I read about quite a few recalls here, but I've never received on in the mail. Is that typical?

Harold

Old 05-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Forum Regular

I must have gotten lucky and/or the dealership I went to has connections because mine took a week and I was taken care of. FWIW, I went to Monacatti Chrylser in Sterling Heights Michigan (not where I bought the car from).

Old 05-25-2006, 01:57 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Fan Relay Recall

I guess its all in the "Integrity" of the Dealership that you use. Thus far I am very lucky, I have had every Recall/TSB done on my Roadster Limited without a problem. With DChrysler dumping the market there are more and more Xfires out there, with TSB/Recall issues. Parts are going to be scarce, the longest wait I have had for parts was when my seats were totally replaced, the seats took about 2 weeks to come in and 1 day to install. My Dealer surprisingly keeps a small inventory of Xfire parts, and stays current with Recall/TSB issues. There are about 10 Xfire's in my area of Central Virginia, 7 of them are Serviced by my Dealer Lawrence Chrysler/Jeep.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:39 PM

I had very good service with my dealer. Went in on a Thursday afternoon,on the way home from work. Made the appointment for 7:30 the next morning. Drank some free coffee, and was out in 45 minutes from the time I drove up. Watched the work being done.

Two weeks ago I was rear ended by some sorry... anyhow, took the car in to the dealers collision center. The insurance company had a rep on sight. Dropped it off and took a rental. Went back on Tuesday. All the parts were in. No delay at all. Scheduled for paint on Wednesday, new exhaust system on Thursday, and home on Friday. Beautiful work, perfect paint match, and completely cleaned inside and out.

For those in North Texas, it was Huffines Collision Center, Lewisville. Work carry's a lifetime warranty. I have a written certificate from both the center and the insurance company should I have a future problem. Also received a full list of all work done and parts replaced, with part number and cost.

Sorry for the long story, but I have been impressed with the service I have received since I bought the car in Jan '05.