Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrysler CEO says having both Firepower and Crossfire doesn't make sense

Old 07-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chrysler CEO says having both Firepower and Crossfire doesn't make sense

The following headline cam from wardsauto.com.

Unfortunately there is a subscription involved and it appears to be a trade publication. I am sure the rate is very expensive. Perhaps someone on the forum has a subscription and can fill in the details.

Firepower, Crossfire Face Off in Roadster Duel
By Alisa Priddle
WardsAuto.com, Jul 11, 2006 9:02 AM </SPAN>To have two Chrysler roadsters doesn't make sense, Chrysler's CEO says.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler CEO says having both Firepower and Crossfire doesn't make sense

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
The following headline cam from wardsauto.com.

Unfortunately there is a subscription involved and it appears to be a trade publication. I am sure the rate is very expensive. Perhaps someone on the forum has a subscription and can fill in the details.

Firepower, Crossfire Face Off in Roadster Duel
By Alisa Priddle
WardsAuto.com, Jul 11, 2006 9:02 AM </SPAN>To have two Chrysler roadsters doesn't make sense, Chrysler's CEO says.
a cached page on google has the artlicle... (gotta love google)...

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

Old 07-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler CEO says having both Firepower and Crossfire doesn't make sense

Thanks PureVim,

I figured someone would come up with the whole article.

Hey, if Tommy Lasorda can do for Chrysler what he did for the Dodgers, I need to buy some DCX stock...LOL.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Forum Regular

I would of thought the fire power would compete more with the viper? Can they have both of them?

Old 07-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Forum Regular

And it says there will be 2007 Crossfires... will that really happen is the question??

Old 07-17-2006, 10:04 PM

What doesn't make sense to me is they are talking about roadsters, which I thought meant a 2 seat convertible. We've only seen the Firepower as a coupe. Maybe they are debating on making a Firepower coupe AND roadster vs. just the coupe?

Old 07-17-2006, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by mjanowich
What doesn't make sense to me is they are talking about roadsters, which I thought meant a 2 seat convertible. We've only seen the Firepower as a coupe. Maybe they are debating on making a Firepower coupe AND roadster vs. just the coupe?
I suspect that the cost of the XFire is a whole lot less than what the Firepower would be as all of the D&D cost is sunk. If there is a 2007 XFire, I wonder if any changes would be made to add more HP?

Old 07-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dr. Z is doing a great job at keeping us guessing. All the buzz has been going on for quite a long time. The only Firepower I've ever seen was a coupe. Never saw a Firepower roadster. Interesting article. Still guessing! Maybe it will be a hybrid ...

Old 07-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At an auto show in april here in Nashville the people working the Chrysler section said 2007 will be the last model year of the Crossfire, but there are plenty of them out there b/c they still have a stockyard in Jacksonville Florida full of 06's. No word on what's to come. So this could be the last year of the crossfire. Granted the lady showing off the Crossfire SRT6 also told some dude that he could fit his weekend luggage and two sets of golf clubs in the hatch. I quickly told her that was BS.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Granted the lady showing off the Crossfire SRT6 also told some dude that he could fit his weekend luggage and two sets of golf clubs in the hatch. I quickly told her that was BS.
Sure it fits. 2 carry bags (who uses cart bags anymore?) and a duffle (a decent size) will fit nicely with plenty of room for 6 pack. I've done it many times.