Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Long Distance Runner

Old 07-21-2006, 02:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Long Distance Runner

I just got home from a 12 hour, 747 mile drive to Virginia and back. Only stop I made was to drop something off, and a F.F.R. (food, fuel, & restroom break).
My back doesn't hurt, neither does my neck or posterior (usual for me after a long drive).
The West Virginia Turn Pike offered me some fun curves to deal with, and I saw my outside temp. gauge top out at 97 degrees. I saw 100 mph+ a couple of times too.
This car just keeps on amazing me. I felt like I could easily go a few more hours and still be comfortable.
Oh, I saw a yellow Ford GT in W. Virginia. But I never saw another XF the whole trip.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Long Distance Runner

Sounds like a nice run. You wouldn't have been able to do it with my copilot. She needs a potty stop every hour and half and the only way to get her to be in the car that long would be to make her unconscious. We are planning a two week run through the south next year to scout out possible retirement places. She has already said no more than 300 miles in any given day. Kind of limits where we can get too.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle_Al
Sounds like a nice run. You wouldn't have been able to do it with my copilot. She needs a potty stop every hour and half and the only way to get her to be in the car that long would be to make her unconscious.
LOL Al, it sounds like our respective "co-pilots" went to the same flight school.

I made this trip solo, so that's how I was able to do it.

Still, it would have been nice to have her along. (I'm sure you feel the same way about yours).

Old 07-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree traveling in the Crossfire on long trips is a good experience, I also made a trip from Dallas - Missouri about 450 miles recently, which isn't quite as long as yours +fireamx- but still long enough to see how this car really drives on long stretches of road and it was a nice comfortable drive- I saw one other Crossfire traveling in the opposite direction and one for sale in Springfield, Missouri on a parking lot- that's it!