Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Kleeman ECU upgrade dyno sheet

Old 07-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Received 65 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Kleeman ECU upgrade dyno sheet

Got this dyno sheet direct from Kleeman. Note that this is crank horsepower not wheel horsepower.

This pic is really small how do I enlarge it?

Last edited by MAYAman; 07-23-2006 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Default Re: Kleeman ECU upgrade dyno sheet

HDDP requested a bump.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it just me... this dyno looks just as wrong as the one that ELOW posted (after getting some forum donations). Maybe someone in the know (aka HDDP/Woody) could enlighten us...

Cheers

Old 07-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This one looks correct, in that the Mercedes CLK320 has a dyno mode in their computer system that allows you to run full rpm dyno tests. Notice It says CLK320 at the top. I'm a bit surprised at the hp output to the wheels and where the peak hp is achieved. but it seems like a viable test. The torque curve is nice and flat like those we experienced with our dyno's...

We at least know that this is NOT from a Crossfire, but a different car with a similar engine. So it could be used as a pseudo baseline dyno for the Crossfire. I'd buy the Kleeman chip based on these results...

Old 07-26-2006, 03:51 PM

I ran my car at my track without mods. Will have the computer/pulley here on Friday. Not sure if I'll have time to run out and run it again this weekend, but next thursday for sure. I don't care what a dyno says, an ET slip at the drag strip works for me. I'll post pics of the shaved backend, god it looks SO much better.

I got an OEM set of side pieces coming in. Going to take and make some billet ones. There is no way I'm putting a crappy plastic chrome on this car.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:17 PM

LOL Cuda what are you ranting about. I'm interested in what you're talking about chrome but don't understand.

HDDP, the Kleeman Ecu upgrade looks good to you? OK, what do you think about the ECU upgrade and a set of pulleys. Since you're the only one that probably knows how this will affect this car.

With ECU and pulleys would the dealer be able to tell? Would it harm the long term health of the car or the air conditioning? Please help me out bro since these are the only mods I'm interested in doing since I don't have the budget right now for supercharger.

I'm just looking to get the car to 230/240hp with these mods. Looks like you could be almost half way there with just the ECU upgrade.

Thanks for the input my man.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:29 PM

The side rakes. It's my understanding the chrome is nothing but chrome plastic going on top. I think that is disgusting. Once I get the OEM in to play with, I'm going to see what I can do to make it look better. I'll just get some billet ones made, then figure out what to do with that cheap piece of plastic.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:35 PM

ah cuda got ya.

HDDP please see my above post.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by MAYAman
HDDP, the Kleeman Ecu upgrade looks good to you? OK, what do you think about the ECU upgrade and a set of pulleys. Since you're the only one that probably knows how this will affect this car.

With ECU and pulleys would the dealer be able to tell? Would it harm the long term health of the car or the air conditioning? Please help me out bro since these are the only mods I'm interested in doing since I don't have the budget right now for supercharger.

I'm just looking to get the car to 230/240hp with these mods. Looks like you could be almost half way there with just the ECU upgrade.

Thanks for the input my man
Call me silly, I can't see where a set of under drive pulleys are going to help much... If you can show me a dyno before and after, I'll concede. I'm looking for a few extra HP too...

I'm sure your wish for 230/240 hp is at the flywheel not the wheels. A Stock Crossfire is showing 160 +/- hp at the wheels. Mine is currently showing 184 at the wheels which would put it at 239 hp at the flywheel. Not really good considering I just raced with a 2005, 6 cylinder mustang that was putting 300 hp to the wheels and a Mitsubishi Forrester that was getting 310 hp at the wheels. Granted both were running aftermarket blowers, but this isn't an option for us since nobody makes an affordable one for our car...

As far as the dealer... Those knuckleheads don't even know how to work on the crossfire... They will never know you had a chip upgrade nor would I think they would notice smaller pulleys on your car... Anyway, your engine is not going to break until well after your warranty has expired and you'll have to pay for it anyway. !!!

Last edited by HDDP; 07-26-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bollox
Is it just me... this dyno looks just as wrong as the one that ELOW posted (after getting some forum donations). Maybe someone in the know (aka HDDP/Woody) could enlighten us...

Cheers
Looks pretty genuine to me. Horsepower = Torque (in lb/ft) x rpm / 5252, therefore the torque and power should cross at 5,252 rpm, which they do.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:59 PM

HDDP I think you misunderstood my question. I want to know that from your experience do pulleys do anything at all? Because there is a set available from Kleeman that goes with this ECU upgrade but I don't think they have dyno sheet for it. Together that would be nice.

And how is a crossfire putting down 160 hp at the wheels, that is just insane. There have been Porsche 944S2 dynoed and have put down 180 to 185 at the wheels and those cars have 208 hp stock. There can't be that much driveline loss in the Xfire can there?

HDDP check this out, this comes from the Startech catalog. Is this HP numbers possible with these upgrades like they claim?

STARTECH ST6 performance kit

Including: STARTECH special camshafts with special valve springs.

Performance tuning to 171 kW / 233 hp.

STARTECH ST6 S performance kit

Including: STARTECH special camshafts with special valve springs, STARTECH metal-bed catalysators and STARTECH sport rear silencer.

Performance tuning to 179 kW / 243 hp.

Last edited by MAYAman; 07-26-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:05 PM

And how is a crossfire putting down 160 hp at the wheels, that is just insane. There have been Porsche 944S2 dynoed and have put down 180 to 185 at the wheels and those cars have 208 hp stock. There can't be that much driveline loss in the Xfire can there?
Right or wrong its what my dyno run showed (45.1 driveline loss), albeit on a boiling hot day and with a 5,000 rpm limit. The corrected flywheel figure showed it was on target for the 215 bhp stock figure had it ran the full rpm range.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by woody
Looks pretty genuine to me. Horsepower = Torque (in lb/ft) x rpm / 5252, therefore the torque and power should cross at 5,252 rpm, which they do.
I would still like to see the fuel/air ratio print out. It would give us a clue as to how they are achieving that extra HP. Also, Woody, do you see how the HP increases after 5,200 rpm ? It basically tells me that our dyno results (with the engine cut-out at 5,000 rpm) does not tell the true story of this engine yet. I am seeing that the Kleeman dyno flattens out then rises again after the 5,200 rpm range. Which means our max hp is not correct per our dyno results.

Seems like the fuel mixture changes somewhere in that 5,200 rpm range and kicks the motor up.

Can you guys get the fuel air mixture print out from Kleeman on this dyno run ?

Old 07-26-2006, 06:13 PM

woody that is insane. That has to be something wrong there. Like I said the 944S2 is a 3.0 litre 4 banger putting out what Porsche says is 208 hp dynos usually in the 180 hp range which is about 20% drive line loss right? Isn't that the norm about 20% drive line loss? Why is the Xfire different in that respect? That is why I think it may have something to do with the way the ECU is programmed. That's nuts.

It pisses me off, why did chrysler do everything in their damn power to cut the nuts off our car? I love my Xfire but I know with my Porsche that every ounce has been squeezed out of it at the factory. Seems Chrysler just doesn't learn.

Last edited by MAYAman; 07-26-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by HDDP
I would still like to see the fuel/air ratio print out. It would give us a clue as to how they are achieving that extra HP. Also, Woody, do you see how the HP increases after 5,200 rpm ? It basically tells me that our dyno results (with the engine cut-out at 5,000 rpm) does not tell the true story of this engine yet. I am seeing that the Kleeman dyno flattens out then rises again after the 5,200 rpm range. Which means our max hp is not correct per our dyno results.

Seems like the fuel mixture changes somewhere in that 5,200 rpm range and kicks the motor up.

Can you guys get the fuel air mixture print out from Kleeman on this dyno run ?
Yes, this is the problem with trying to read too much in to our incomplete runs; I didn't even hit peak power on my curve.

MAYAman: Like I said I am merely reporting what the results were. Yes, the driveline loss does seem ridiculous and 15-20% is probably what you would expect. Perhaps the power sapping rotating mass of those 'steam roller' rear wheels has something to do with it, or the ECU may be managing torque in a strange way in the ESP fault mode, who knows? All I am interested in at the moment is getting a proper, repeatable full range run. Then we can start analyzing things properly. Hopefully I will be in a position to do this very soon.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:40 PM

good luck woody, keep us posted.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:45 PM

I want to know that from your experience do pulleys do anything at all? Because there is a set available from Kleeman that goes with this ECU upgrade but I don't think they have dyno sheet for it. Together that would be nice.

HDDP check this out, this comes from the Startech catalog. Is this HP numbers possible with these upgrades like they claim?

STARTECH ST6 performance kit

Including: STARTECH special camshafts with special valve springs.

Performance tuning to 171 kW / 233 hp.

STARTECH ST6 S performance kit

Including: STARTECH special camshafts with special valve springs, STARTECH metal-bed catalysators and STARTECH sport rear silencer.

Performance tuning to 179 kW / 243 hp.
I honestly don't know if pulleys do anything... IMO it seems far fetched that a set of under drive pulleys would increase HP that much, but you never know...

I was basing the 160 hp stock dyno on Woody's dyno results and my dyno results which showed max HP at 4,800 +/- rpm then flattening out before the engine cut-out at 5,000 rpm. But, now I'm seeing from the Kleeman CLK320 dyno that the HP flattens from 4,900 to 5,200 then increases again till about 5,800 rpm.

If you take a look at our independent dyno's, you'll see what I'm talkin about.

I'm thinking that the Kleeman dyno results are more viable than those that we did, because they actually had a mercedes 112 engine that would reach redline on a dyno...

One thing I know for sure, is that you cannot do a full redline dyno on a Crossfire without the engine cutting at 5,000 rpm. The factory reps. can't even figure it out...

So basically the only dyno's we have that I'm sure were done on a Crossfire are Woody's showing a max HP of 156 (stock) and mine showing 184 (modified) hp at the wheels. Which both engines cut-out at 5,000 rpm on the dyno.

Last edited by HDDP; 07-26-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:46 PM

good luck woody, keep us posted.
Thanks, I just had a thought - I think my runs were in 4th gear so there may be more transmission loss trough the layshaft; 5th is the 1:1 gear. During the session we were mainly trying to get the car to do a full run so were not really too bothered about the actual figures we were producing. I'll keep you posted.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by woody
Thanks, I just had a thought - I think my runs were in 4th gear so there may be more transmission loss trough the layshaft; 5th is the 1:1 gear. During the session we were mainly trying to get the car to do a full run so were not really too bothered about the actual figures we were producing. I'll keep you posted.
Mine were done in 4th gear as well, I assumed 4th would be closest to 1:1 gear ratio but now looking at the specs for the 6spd, 5th gear is the 1:1 gear.

All we need now is the work around for the 5,000 rpm cut-out and we can get this info published. I know that my car hauls A SS on the track now and I'm a happy camper...

Old 07-26-2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by HDDP
Mine were done in 4th gear as well, I assumed 4th would be closest to 1:1 gear ratio but now looking at the specs for the 6spd, 5th gear is the 1:1 gear.

All we need now is the work around for the 5,000 rpm cut-out and we can get this info published. I know that my car hauls A SS on the track now and I'm a happy camper...
I'm was nearly ready to try out the dyno mod last weekend but as you know things conspired against me and I had to sort my bank out. I'll try again on Saturday at the track.
Great to hear the car's going well after all the mods. I still haven't had chance to check out your video's yet.

Quick Reply: Kleeman ECU upgrade dyno sheet