Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New to Forum: Need Some Feedback

Old 07-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum: Need Some Feedback

Hello all.

I'm new to the forum and I am considering purchasing a crossfire limited roadster. I have driven the SRT roadster (at the SRT Track Experience) but not the limited roadster. So now I must decide if I want the 6-spd manual or the 5-spd automatic. I could go either way with a slight preference for the manual tranny. Unfortunately in my area there are not any around for me to test drive. For those of you who have driven both, could you please provide feedback on performance differences if any? If this has already been discussed in a previous thread, please provide link.

Thanks in advance.

kc2ntlh

Old 07-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: New to Forum: Need Some Feedback

Howdy KC,
I have the autostick on my limited. It's definitely not as responsive as the 6spd stick, however it gets better mileage (imagine that) since the six speed apparently was set up for "performance" over efficiency. While you can drive the autostick in a semi manual mode, it's not nearly the same experience.

So it all depends on how you plan to use your XF. In either configuration, the car is quite a bit of fun. Did an early morning run today on some twisty roads and had a gas. however, here in the DC area (Lots of traffic) I preferred the autostick.

Let us know which way you decide to go.

Old 07-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went into my purchase wanting the 6 spd. Drove them both with the top down and found the RIDE to outweigh how the car was being driven. I felt the 6 spd "I tested" to be sloppy. It didn't click into the gears reassuredly. The autostick just made the overall ride seem more enjoyable. I definitely miss not rowing thru the gears myself but the total pleasure I get from driving the car makes me forget winding out the gears and dropping the clutch. Bottom line you can't go wrong and whatever 6 spd you may test, if its not necessarily the car you're buying may shift differently than what you ultimately buy.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The bigger choice is SRT6 or Limited. How important is performance?

While the Limited's performance is very good, the SRT6 is outstanding.

If you are planning to keep the Crossfire and figure to upgrade the performance later, you will find the option list for this very short and quite expensive.

Both are great automobiles. Your drove the SRT6, you really need to drive a Limited.