Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

cleaning and maintenance

Old 08-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cleaning and maintenance

Does anyone have any particular preferences of products when it comes to cleaning your Xfire, or maintaining the integrity of the appearances? Armor All on the interior vs. something else? A particular type of soap to clean it, etc. I'm curious to know other's preferences.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: cleaning and maintenance

Here are links to the products I prefer. You may also to do a search or check in the DETAIL SHOP section of this forum. Lotsa good reading.

http://www.zainostore.com/

http://www.303products.com/

I'm still looking for a good tire gel if anyone has an opinion (and I'm sure everyone does). Something that will not spin off. Currently using Armorall Gel.

Last edited by Fritzauf; 08-03-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fritzauf
Here are links to the products I prefer.

http://www.zainostore.com/

http://www.303products.com/

I'm still looking for a good tire gel if anyone has an opinion (and I'm sure everyone does). Something that will not spin off. Currently using Armorall Gel.
I only use tire dressing once a month. I don't like my tires shiny I like them deep black. I wash my tires/wheels then I apply tire dressing (the spray bottle eagle one works well) Now here is the key. Let the dressing sit for at least 30 minutes I sometimes let it sit overnight. then wash your tires/wheels again and dry. Deep black tires everytime without kicking it up on your car and it last for a few washings.

Please check out the detail section of this forum for all your car cleaning sometime obsessive needs.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:43 PM

Maguiar's seems to do everything well. My favorite secret weapons are:

Nev'r Dull wadding...For those notorious exhaust tips. It leaves a haze which wipes right off with Formula 409.

Maguiar's Quick Detail...Dust, water spots, bird crap...for between-washing cleanups. Buff it off THOROUGHLY, though.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Forum Regular
Arrow Re: cleaning and maintenance

I detail cars on the side and use Klasse All in One and Klasse Sealant Glaze to keep my car lookin' better than new, as well as my customers. Every so often you'll need to clay bar the car and for that use Griots Garage clay www.griotsgarage.com They have great waxes as well, but I now prefer to use Klasse products due to ease of use and finished product, amazing. I don't want to bash "Z" products, so if you wanna PM with particulars I will NOT steer you in the wrong direction and fwiw, check out my sig.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:40 PM

"Gummi Pflege" for the rubber weather stripping...restores color to dried out rubber.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Fritzauf - if you are using the Armor All gel with the applicator its the best I've found. Just let it dry before you take off. I've had no problem with it at all.

Pat

Old 08-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by patpur
Fritzauf - if you are using the Armor All gel with the applicator its the best I've found. Just let it dry before you take off. I've had no problem with it at all.
Thanks Pat! So far it's the best I've tried. It says on the bottle that it won't spin off and so far, so good.
It just doesn't have a cool name like "Gummi Pflege".

Gummi Pflege.bmp

Old 08-06-2006, 11:50 PM

There are severe water restrictions in place here. No hoses etc. just buckets or watering cans. Consequently I have been using Meguiar's NXT detailer and NXT wax (either liquid or paste). Gives me a skin irritation but what the? The results ae good and no scratching or swirling is evident.
Meguiar's Endurance tyre gel (gloss at present because I could not get the low lustre at the time, but low lustre is available again) Smells a bit like grapes. Put on sparingly and allowed to dry. Has not given problems.
Only use a damp chamois on the interior and leather of the Crossfire but have been using Gliptone (smells OK and Ph neutral and no solvents) on the leather in the Citroen (different to the Napa leather in the Crossfire). Will give Zaino Z10 a try when I track it down locally.
Regards.