Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

pros and cons of crossfire

Old 08-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pros and cons of crossfire

If this is the wrong section, sorry. Hopefully you can move it if need be.

I was wanting to know the pros and cons of the crossfire. What seems to be a weak point in the design, engine, etc.

What part does everyone love??? I test drove an auto the other day and loved it. I'd rather have a 6 speed myself, as I like manuals.

Why don't they hold their value?? What aftermarket parts can be bought to make it better. I'm definitely considering it to be my next TOY.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Default Re: pro's and cons of crossfire

I should charge a buck to show the convertible's motorized top-swallowing mechanism. If you don't get a charge out of watching that, I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by dobro; 08-14-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Default Re: pros and cons of crossfire

what in the hell are you talking about?

Old 08-15-2006, 09:17 AM

lmao

Old 08-15-2006, 01:45 PM

well the xfire doesn't have a big market for aftermarket parts. so if you want a car to mod go with something else. but if you want a great cruiser that catches lots of stares the xfire is great. i have a six speed and the only thing different about it then other straight shift i have had is the clutch is very quick... it is either in or out, until you learn to drive it and if you don't release the clutch right the car ends up jumping allover the place and you look like a complete fool. haha. but the xfire is not a slouch stock it has plenty enough power. the car rides well on long trip and great around town. gas mileage good for a v6 and has a nice purr with stock exhaust... even better purr with a magnaflow. it just depends on what you want the car for. i just drive back and forth to work and around town and the occasional trip to the track. and the can is excellent. sorry i rambled but info is always helpful.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a great car but you have to have deep pockets to modify it... you can grab a kleeman supercharger kit for it for $6,500 + installation, and no they will not let you install it yourself cause they warranty it for a year so it must be done by a kleeman dealer...

it sounds like alot of money until you do your research on the quality of the kit and then it makes sense... its as good or better than AMG would allow out of the factory...

kleemans engineers have mentioned that the engine and transmission is pretty much good for 350 - 400 hp without anything needing changing ... according to them just about every mercedes engine is very overbuilt ... so it may not be a car that is modified by anyone at the moment but the potential is there, just lacking the a person that has the drive and money to extract it...