Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Car Cover And Front Bra Advice

Old 08-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Cover And Front Bra Advice

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a nice car cover and front bra for my car to protect it. Does anyone have any advice on what brand to use? I do a lot of highway driving so I want a bra that I can put on to protect the front.

Thanks!

Old 08-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Car Cover And Front Bra Advice

The Chrysler front cover (bra) is great and fits as tight as any I have ever seen. Wouldn't take a road trip without it.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the Chrysler bra for road trips, but I also have the 3M full bra too. On my last trip I am sure glad I had the 3M bra under the Chrysler bra because I picked up a lot of grass and weed seed on I84 under the Chrysler bra that would have scratched the paint. I recommend both the 3M and Chrysler bra. The Chrysler bra is good at absorbing the impact of rocks.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Forum Regular

I also have the Chrysler bra and the fit is beautiful. I too only use it for extended driving. As far as cover goes I've got the California car cover co. cover and use it while I'm at work and over the winter in my garage. There are several grades and uses of covers to choose from depending upon how you intend to use it. Just make sure to tell them to include the sack for the antenna. They gladly took mine back and added the antenna sack that they forgot to put there in the first place. I've used them for several of my cars thru the years and they've always been reputable.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Forum Regular

I have been thinking about putting the 3M clear bra on the hood and bumper, but I'm wondering if I could install it myself? I do about everything on cars myself, but I've never dealt with a clear bra. Any answers?

Old 08-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'm lucky, my highway driving days are over except in limited cases. I used to do at least 26,000 miles a year. I would highly recommend that you use a bra on your car. Chrysler seems to use a very light colored undercoat on their black cars (had two black Pt's) and any kind of small chip is gonna show up as a white speck.

Pat

Old 08-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the kit and tried installing one of the 3M pieces on the mirror and it turned out to be a disaster. I then had a local dealer install the kit. I found out the local guys don't stock the kits they type in your model of car on their NC machine and the film is cut out on the spot out from a roll of 3M material. Had I went to him first the total cost would have been less then what I paid for the kit.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never use a fabric bra or front end cover on your car if you can avoid it. They trap dirt and other stuff between the fabric and the paint. The vibration and wind will grind the captured trash against the paint and really tear it up.
The 3M clear shield, invinca-shield, clear bra, or whatever name you find it under is a great product. I strongly advise using it on your vehicles if you have a concern with rock chips. Bug impacts are easier to clean too.
You can apply the product over the headlights to help protect them too.