Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

cat problem, HELP!

Old 08-22-2006, 01:21 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cat problem, HELP!

So I've discovered that there are some stray cats in my neighborhood and tonight I found cat prints on my crossfire. I'm going crazy trying to figure out a way to solve this problem, but I can't think of anything. Unfortunately, at my house, I don't have a garage. I only have a carport that I park it under. Anyone have any ideas? I'm a fanatic about keeping the crossfire spotless and it drives me insane thinking that a stupid cat is walking on my car.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Default Re: cat problem, HELP!

See: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=10717 for some interesting solutions discussed earlier on the forum.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by blacklimitedcoupe
So I've discovered that there are some stray cats in my neighborhood and tonight I found cat prints on my crossfire. I'm going crazy trying to figure out a way to solve this problem, but I can't think of anything. Unfortunately, at my house, I don't have a garage. I only have a carport that I park it under. Anyone have any ideas? I'm a fanatic about keeping the crossfire spotless and it drives me insane thinking that a stupid cat is walking on my car.
Our cat did the same thing to my convertible. (He has since died of "natural" causes) but I did resort to a "scat" mat that gives a low level shock to his paws that kept him off the car. Its battery operated and worked like a charm. I bought it on ebay for around $50.00. However, I was in a closed garage so there was no fear of it being stolen. It worked for me...just my $.02 worth!

Old 08-22-2006, 01:43 PM

One of the greatest threads ever. Joe Bob says check it out.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ighlight=mangy

Old 08-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My cat has adopted the nice new mohair hood of my Spider as his day time resting place. Luckily he doesn't claw it but leaves a mat of black hair and paw prints all over it. I have been told that the answer is a dollop of lion crap from the zoo, cats hate it apparently. Somehow I think I would rather put up with the cat hairs!

Leaving the hood down doesn't seem to help either...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cat.jpg (134.3 KB, 107 views)
Old 08-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by woody
I have been told that the answer is a dollop of lion crap from the zoo, cats hate it apparently.
just make sure you're real quiet when climbing in and out of the enclosure. best to go an hour or so after feeding time.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:06 PM

Did anyone else think this was going to be about a smelly catalytic converter?

Old 08-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by woody

Awww... now why would you even want to bother something that looks that peaceful?

I had a stray in my old neighbor that slept on the cloth roof of my old Sebring. Other then tons of cat hair, so long as she never scratched the top, I just dealt with it. If my roof made sleeping outside in the cold air nicer for her, then so be it. Her life was short lived due to being an outdoor car and while she was around, she was great. She adopted me and in turn, she trusted me with the kittens she gave birth to and then passed on not too much later. And now I have her babies...

I know that is not a solution, but it just brought back memories of her... sniff...

Old 08-27-2006, 03:58 PM

You've got to understand (from the previous threads) that cat fanciers will not tolerate any harm to any cats no matter what damage they do. In their hearts they feel it's OK for cats to range freely and if they kill a few human children that's OK too.

http://familydoctor.org/180.xml

For people who think spreading a deadly disease is perfectly OK footprints on your Crossfire is just another facet of the joy of owning cats.