Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire, not a rare car in Michigan?

Old 08-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crossfire, not a rare car in Michigan?

I see all these posts on the forums about the crossfire being a rare car and not seeing any very often. Anyone in Michigan disagree? I live in Sterling Heights and I swear I see at least 2-3 every day if not more.

Old 08-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire, not a rare car in Michigan?

I would have to agree. I just took a trip to Michigan and we were seeing Crossfires left and right.

Much different than here in AZ.

Old 08-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Forum Regular

I have seen a grand total of 3 Crossfires since I bought mine in June. Two were black coupes and one was a black roadster. My car is a novelty and I live in the Seattle area. Most of the Chrysler dealers don't have them on their lots and if they do, it's one at the most.

I like having a unique car and one that turns heads. No problem at all for me!

Old 08-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The reason you see a lot more XF in Michigan is that DC employees can lease one for virtually peanuts. My friend at DC leases a Roadster for $200 bucks a month. Can't beat that kind of a deal. The only problem with that is that DC is flooding the used car market with these off lease vehicles and killing the resale value ot the car...

Old 08-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JM Piquet
The reason you see a lot more XF in Michigan is that DC employees can lease one for virtually peanuts. My friend at DC leases a Roadster for $200 bucks a month. Can't beat that kind of a deal. The only problem with that is that DC is flooding the used car market with these off lease vehicles and killing the resale value ot the car...
Actually, the off-lease flood has yet to come. Those that have been members here since early '04 may know what I'm talking about... In the late Winter of '04 and at least until that Fall, Chrysler had a $300/month, 39 month lease deal on '04 coupes. There was a poll on owning vs. leasing in June '04 https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...ults&pollid=17 and 45% of respondents were leasing. Considering that many of the poll respondents had purchased their Crossfires prior to the lease deal, the percentage of people actually choosing leases during the late Winter - Fall period was more than 50%. That period also corresponded with some of the highest monthly sales the Crossfire has had. Those leases will end in Spring through Winter '07 and there will likely be a deluge of used Crossfires back on the lots.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree I live in Jackson MI. (small town) and I've seen at least 4 roadsters in this area. Funny someone brought up the lease deal. I ran into one them at the golf course and he is a chrysler employee (proving grounds) and he leased his base roadster for $199.00 month.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crossfirefrank
I have to agree I live in Jackson MI. (small town) and I've seen at least 4 roadsters in this area. Funny someone brought up the lease deal. I ran into one them at the golf course and he is a chrysler employee (proving grounds) and he leased his base roadster for $199.00 month.
Ah, the Roadsters. I forgot to mention that in my original post. It seems like they're ALL roadsters, i've maybe seen a dozen coupes versus over 100 roadsters.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:54 PM

A couple of weeks ago I drove my Aero Blue Roadster across Pennsylvania (interstate 80) to New York City on a business trip. I stayed in New Jersey and drove into Manhattan everyday (3 days) through the Lincoln tunnels. The first day, the black chick that was in the toll booth said to me, "Man, that car is hot." I figured that was a real compliment, as she sees every kind of car there is driving into that city. During that whole trip I only saw one other Crossfire, and it was parked along the street on upper Columbus Ave. A Coupe.
Incidentally, I got up to 28 miles to the gallon driving at 80 mph a lot of the time. Pretty amazing.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by APM28
A couple of weeks ago I drove my Aero Blue Roadster across Pennsylvania (interstate 80) to New York City on a business trip. I stayed in New Jersey and drove into Manhattan everyday (3 days) through the Lincoln tunnels. The first day, the black chick that was in the toll booth said to me, "Man, that car is hot." I figured that was a real compliment, as she sees every kind of car there is driving into that city. During that whole trip I only saw one other Crossfire, and it was parked along the street on upper Columbus Ave. A Coupe.
Incidentally, I got up to 28 miles to the gallon driving at 80 mph a lot of the time. Pretty amazing.
I drive those speeds (80% of my mileage is that speed) and I average 28.1 or 28.2 MPG.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Forum Regular
Smile Re: Crossfire, not a rare car in Michigan?

Mega Dittos on the Michigan sightings as I too live in Michigan (SE Michigan) and there’s a TON of them around. Here's the thing that REALLY sucks. Say I wanted to buy my car, guess what, I can buy a brand new one cheaper. This sucks and I'll never lease again, its just not for me, especially a "niche car" but all I know is this, once my lease is in the final weeks, I'll be begging people here to come and get my car because I really take care of it, don't drive in the winter or in the rain when I can help it! My friends/family think I'm nuts because its a lease but that’s just the way I am, so if you know someone looking for one of these cars in the future, mine is a worry free purchase.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

On a 5 miles stretch of I-696 during rush hour traffic today I saw not one but three XF Roadster. Anyone in here going West around 4:45 PM???

Old 01-26-2007, 09:25 PM
RPM

My Michigan take is far different than the rest. I live in Mid-Michigan and I have seen 3 Crossfires since October. One black SRT6 coupe at the Birch Run outlet mall, one gray SRT6 coupe at Schaefer & Bierlien (Chrysler dealer) in Frankenmuth, and one blue limited coupe in my neighborhood - that's it (Although I guess mine makes 4 total sightings in a 3 month period).

I moved up from WV in the fall and I only ever saw one there, a 2004 silver coupe.

Since moving to MI, I have driven back to WV 3 times and never saw one during a trip.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Received 339 Likes on 299 Posts

I could be wrong but part of the reason there are more, it seems, on the East coast is because they are delivered. There and must be shipped to other states? I just got a heck of a deal on an Aero Blue roadster from Virginia. I've never seen one on the west coast.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:56 PM

I live in Charleston, SC and have seen only one other Crossfire (on the road) since I purchased my '05 Limited Roadster in July of 2004! When I drive it, I am constantly asked what kind of car is it and the cost ~ really neat since I have taken the word CROSSFIRE off the trunk lid and placed Andrew's Crossfire Roadster badge decals over the original Chrysler emblems on hood, trunk and wheels. Since purchase date I have only driven this car 2,798 miles! Volvo's, Bentley T-Salon, and a BMW are my other toys... Thom

Old 01-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Thom
I live in Charleston, SC and have seen only one other Crossfire (on the road) since I purchased my '05 Limited Roadster in July of 2004! When I drive it, I am constantly asked what kind of car is it and the cost ~ really neat since I have taken the word CROSSFIRE off the trunk lid and placed Andrew's Crossfire Roadster badge decals over the original Chrysler emblems on hood, trunk and wheels. Since purchase date I have only driven this car 2,798 miles! Volvo's, Bentley T-Salon, and a BMW are my other toys... Thom
I was in Charleston shooting a TV show last October and saw a black coupe downtown on the corner of Meeting St. & Queen... Right near the hotel they had me staying at...

Old 01-28-2007, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by HDDP
I was in Charleston shooting a TV show last October and saw a black coupe downtown on the corner of Meeting St. & Queen... Right near the hotel they had me staying at...
i've definitely been seeing more in the valley, van nuys, sherman oaks area. how is it in studio city?

Old 01-29-2007, 04:47 PM
CrossfireForum.org Founder
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I counted 10 one day last year in Miami Beach... although Miami Beach is small so there might have been repeats. I was very surprised. They were everywhere.