Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Very proud of myself...

Old 08-31-2006, 11:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very proud of myself...

Got back last week from a short business trip to Las Vegas with 2 thou of the MGM Grand's money.

But what I'm really proud of is the fact that tonight, on my way home from the Dolphins game, I got the XF up to 110 mph.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Very proud of myself...

Good job!
I wish I could win some money...
I do hit 110 mph at least once every other day though, I cant stand driving 85...I mean 55. LOL.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by midnightman
Got back last week from a short business trip to Las Vegas with 2 thou of the MGM Grand's money.

But what I'm really proud of is the fact that tonight, on my way home from the Dolphins game, I got the XF up to 110 mph.
Both comments are simply Awesome! I fly to Vegas on 8 September...my parents live in Pahrump, 1 hour or so from Sin City. I usually leave contributions to the local (Pahrump) economy...but never so much as they'd notice.

To the other comment...I'm still at 109, and think I'll leave it there until I hit a legal track. I think I saw a post that says summary execution is legal in Ohio for going more than 45 miles over the limit. I may be wrong..but that's what I heard. No, wait...it was my wife. She said she'd kill me if I ever drove that fast again.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the IRS Mr. Midnightman, we will be contacting you in person tomorrow morning.

This the National Highway Safety Council Enforcement Agency Mr. Midnightman. We will be sending you a citation for your internet guilty plea of speeding.

Have a nice day.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:51 AM

This is the FBI FIREAMX, you are under arrest for impersonating a government official.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Napasanaoma
This is the FBI FIREAMX, you are under arrest for impersonating a government official.
Let's see...FBI...FBI...Hey wait a minute, didn't I use to do "undercover narc" work for you guys back in college?

Old 09-01-2006, 07:54 PM

Oh yea oops! Lets go after those non Crossfire sports car drivers. They are the true enemy! We have a car that will only be built in a 2 year span we are buying a part of car history. (Hopefully we will gain from this venture).

Old 09-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Smile Re: Very proud of myself...

I've had mine up to 135, early on a Sunday morning, and it is amazing how smooth the ride is. I also own a very good radar detector.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:16 PM

Well, these Crossfires are built to go, so what's the point of having one if you don't "go" once in a while. The other night, after 11 PM, I was coming back home on the local interstate, traveling at 80 mph when all at once I noticed a car coming up on me mighty fast, so I back off slightly to see what it was. It was a Chrysler Concorde, older model, but going at 90 mph, and it was not going to slow down. So I followed it for several miles and then decided, what the hell. So I sped up to catch it and was going 115 to do so.. then it backed off slightly, so I passed it and kept going the rest of my trip at 100 mph and kept ahead of him. It was fun and my Roadster ran smooth as glass.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:59 PM

That's it. Just kidding nice job on the great speed, as long as you where safe about it.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL you guys!

Originally Posted by fuzz 40
That's it. Just kidding nice job on the great speed, as long as you where safe about it.
Hell no!!! In order to gain the most thrill per mph, I made sure to do this on a rainy day, with big hydroplanable puddles, in a residential area next to the elementary school!!!

Just kidding here too...

Actually, I did this on an empty stretch of I-95 with a newly paved surface that was smooth as glass. Not a single car in front of me for at least a half mile. My passenger was amazed how the car didn't vibrate the slightest little bit. Steering wheel felt solid as always.

The scary part was when a trooper came zooming up from behind me a couple of miles later. At that point I was doing about 80 and he shot right by me. I didn't even realize it was a trooper till he passed me. :::whew:::

Old 09-05-2006, 04:47 PM

Sorry for the extremely naive question, but I'm no expert of the law. I know it will probably vary from state to state, but what will the police do to you if you are caught going that fast? (By the way, I got my baby up to 135 the other day; and boy did we both love it)!

Thanks.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by detroithokie
Sorry for the extremely naive question, but I'm no expert of the law. I know it will probably vary from state to state, but what will the police do to you if you are caught going that fast? (By the way, I got my baby up to 135 the other day; and boy did we both love it)!

Thanks.
Nice wining in Las Vegas bud! Good to hear about someone leaving with more money than they came with.

As for the speed...well, i'm driving the posted limits these days, so I have nothing to contribute. 2 tickets in one day has made me adjust my driving. 44 in a 35, and 44 in a 25 (it was a back road though a park). Points and all, so i need to cool my jets. As for your question about speeding and the law, my brother just told me that Virginia is slapping huge fines on anyone at 81 mph+ and 5 days in the jail if over 100. I'd have to verify that, but this little car draws too much attention, I'm going to go faster in my mini van and Dakota than in the XF for a while.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:19 PM

I'm not quite sure what the fine would be in Ohio, but I'm sure a couple of hundred dollars and loss of lic.
But being on a road where you know were they hide and a good radar detector helps alot.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:36 PM

142... my personal best. i've been 130 with the top down... not too loud to my surprise.