Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfires are junk on wheels...

Old 09-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfires are junk on wheels...

Yes Crossfires are junk on wheels... The more you drive them, the more the car falls apart ... no support from Chrysler, because they don't care... anyone buying one of these things are out of their minds, if your looking to buy one you need to think twice... I got my Crossfire, and I will keep it because I cannot get any value from trading the thing in... hoping one day people forget why the Crossfire did not sell very well and will only think of it as a collectable, maybe then it will be worth something...

I do not care to hear anyone tell me that they just love their Crossfires, and how much fun it is to drive around in. Please do not say "oh but I never have any problems with my Crossfire." I know that’s coming from someone who sells these things for a living.

Wake up and smell the flowers folks, the reason Chrysler is discontinuing the Crossfire is "It cost more to keep the things on the road under warranty, than what Chrysler can make in profits."

Check out this small video (posted once before on the forum by me)… Chrysler District Manager tells me the electrical short doses not exist, and people doctor video. Now he expects me to park this car inside my garage at home, allowing the short to set the dash on fire, and in the end burning me and my home down.

http://photos.imageevent.com/firebas...sh%20Sound.wmv

And there is nothing wrong with this radio/CD player:

http://photos.imageevent.com/firebas...lickin%201.wmv

And these headlamps, you got to be out of your mind not to love it, Ask yourself "Who else has these cool looking heahlamps?"

So if you fall in love with a Crossfire do not say FirebaseD did not warn you... just walk away thinkin to yourself - bad, bad, bad - "and that is the bottom line".

Hooah

**** If it is to late for you, and no one is showing you any love concerning your Crossfire (like Chrysler for example) you can find sweet revenge at this link, I did... I Filed a Complaint, and you can also: I filed my headlamp cases and the electrical short within the dash.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Last edited by FirebaseD; 09-09-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Crossfires are junk on wheels...

That's a little harsh considering there are a ton of happy owners. I know some people have problems with their cars, but they are not junk on wheels.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like mine... at least I thought I did!?

Old 09-06-2006, 03:18 PM

Hell hath no fury like... well you know the rest.

Over three years and still like it. Go figure!

Old 09-06-2006, 04:10 PM

Eleven months and 24,327 miles and not one problem. Not one...

Old 09-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems FirebaseD, but their not all "junk on wheels". i haven't had any problems ... enjoy mine everyday.
A friend of mine has an '05 Caddy. He sounds just like you. Point is every make has it's share of problems.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Forum Regular

FirebaseD, in the 10 months I have been a member of this board, I have always respected you and your comments here, but I can't help but take exception to your post above.

Like many others here, I have had no real issues with my XF. It's been a GREAT car thus far and I enjoy every minute I'm driving it around.

And like previously stated, I doubt there is a single make or model that does not have a percentage of unhappy owners. As much as I understand your anger and frustration, you need to keep in mind that yours is the exception, not the rule. Telling the rest of us satisfied owners that we are driving junk-mobiles is just wrong. Maybe time will bear you out on your blanket judgment, but I feel confident that my XF will hold up well. I have no personal experience to think otherwise.

I hope you find another car that makes you happy and gives trouble-free years of driving pleasure. As for me, I'm more than happy with what I've got.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:32 PM

i was so happy with my xfire, i did not realize it was crap until now... haha.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had mine just over 4 months and not one problem... and I've been driving it pretty hard (not racing, but not grandma driving either).

I am really happy with the car and I have, to this point, heard nothing but praise from the owners regarding the engineering and quality of this automobile.

I am saddened to hear you are experiencing a 'lemon' FirebaseD.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:23 PM

"I know that’s coming from someone who sells these things for a living."

Wow, all these years in IT have been a cover for my used car sales shame.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Forum Regular

I suggest you sell your car. It would make no sense to keep a car that gives you such displeasure.

I love my car and look forward to getting behind the wheel every day. I am not driving a junk mobile. I'm sorry you think otherwise.

You have the right to express your opinions, but I do not agree, which is also my right.

Good luck and hope you move onto a vehicle that you can enjoy and be happy to drive.

GG

Old 09-06-2006, 05:35 PM

It sound to me, being in the service bus, the problem is more with the service department and the district manager. There is always a way to go over there heads and with a problem that is that easy to see, would have to be covered and taken care of. If they're not taking care of you try another service department or call chrysler direct at the 800 number.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:27 PM

Sounds like you got a lemon...it happens...the law is behind you...I don't know the specifics off hand, but I had a lemon (FORD) years ago...once I brought up the lemon law to them they were very accommodating!

Old 09-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Forum Regular

I've owned my car for almost 11 months and out of that, I had problems for 4 months, but never once would I ever dream of saying things that may have offended anyone else that owned a Crossfire. Sure, our cars have their share of problems and chances are if you go to other forums for other makes of cars, you'll run across the same frustrations, aggravations and issues.

Get rid of the car if you are that unhappy but please don't bash the rest of us by sounding off like that. Our cars are NOT junk on wheels. Its one thing to be unhappy and to voice your frustrations, but come on, you dissed owners across the world! That was not cool.

If you were looking to get a rise out of people, you succeeded.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:12 PM

FIREBASE D... everyone is entitled to an opinion and as requested i won't tell you how much i love my crossfire but ((... and remember your (uninformed) answer to my engine vibration query)). In my opinion FIREBASE D you hooah know hooah very hooah little hooah about hooah cars hooah... all the best... steve

Old 09-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Forum Regular

Well said Midnightman. A year and a half of ownership (true only 3,600 miles) but not a single problem. I also happen to think its been one of the best constructed cars I've ever owned and that includes BMW and Mercedes Benz. Just look at the car with the worst JD Powers #'s of all the major manufacturers, Land Rover. You can buy 2 XF's for every 1 Land Rover yet what does it matter? Unfortunately there are going to be some lemons and we hear of them here from time to time. Sorry it had to be yours firebase. Nothing is worth dealing with that much aggravation and stress, you've dealt with enough in your time. Maybe its time to cut bait as they say and deal with the loss, but at the same time move on to something more satisfying for you.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:57 PM

sorry your having problems, mine runs great and no problems! love the car and no regrets buying it.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:17 PM

I had a new '04 Ltd. which I traded for a new '05 SRT6. That's more than a year with each car. But I never had any problems with either one of them. Sure can't say the same thing about my wife's Audi A6 Avant...

Old 09-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by srjgtott
FIREBASE D... everyone is entitled to an opinion and as requested i won't tell you how much i love my crossfire but ((... and remember your (uninformed) answer to my engine vibration query)). In my opinion FIREBASE D you hooah know hooah very hooah little hooah about hooah cars hooah... all the best... steve
You get my vote for the very best post, ever, on this forum. Cheers.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

If you have everything documented and tried to contact Chrysler and have spoken to the district manager then hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit. If you can't afford a lawyer then have him do it on a contingency basis, then he/she might even try harder.

Quick Reply: Crossfires are junk on wheels...