Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

What A Way To Ruin My Weekend!

Old 09-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What A Way To Ruin My Weekend!

So last night after going on a date, I parked the crossfire in the parking lot of the girl's condo...I parked on an end space, all the way to the grass to try and protect it from dents. Well later that night when I left, I noticed a mini van had parked next to me (just my luck!). Well I looked the car over and didn't notice anything...this morning I looked the car over again and noticed a door dent in the exact spot that the car's door would have been... it's right in front of the silver side grill on the right fender. I almost cried. Looks like i'm going to have to visit my dent wizard friend again. Does anyone else get really angry when people don't care about our beautiful crossfires? It's all about respect for other people's cars. Just wanted to vent my anger.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Default Re: What A Way To Ruin My Weekend!

It's not just our Crossfire's, it's everything. People just don't care, or respect other peoples property. Sad, but true.
I hope the dent repair company can get it out to your satisfaction. Good luck!

Old 09-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear about your dent. I've found that the lack of respect for other people's property is at an all-time low. I always park my car as far away from any other cars as I possibly can. So far I've been lucky, but I'm afraid that it is just a matter of time before some ignorant ***hole swings his door right into my car and doesn't have the courtesy to leave a note.

Kevin

Old 09-09-2006, 08:11 PM

I feel the same as you. I park way out there, sometimes take two spots way out there, and still find no safety due to rolling shopping carts and sometimes parking notices against taking two spots way out there. You are not alone my friend your feelings are valid, when you work hard to have nice things you want to keep them that way to enjoy and pass on.

Sincerely,

Old 09-09-2006, 08:29 PM

My wife calls my car the exercise car because I park it out in BFE.

Old 09-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain. I don't understand people either but I'm not gonna wait around for people to change which is why I designed my Ding protectors. They are butt ugly and I only use them when I have to but they have saved me twice now from what would have been sure dings. I am re designing them, once I get the new mock up I'll post them. Unfortunately nothing that I can come up with is that pretty but they do work. You can park at an end spot all you want, that still leaves one side of your car vulnerable. I really don't think there is such a thing as a "safe" place to park. I'd rather be pro active and protected. Good luck with Dent Wizard, they should have you back to dent free in no time.

Pat

Old 09-11-2006, 01:11 PM

What really frosts me is when I park in the far corner of some lot. Stick the car as close to the edge as possible and then come out and find some tub parked right on the yellow line making use of all of the space I'd hoped to use as a buffer. The last time this happened was when a 10 passenger suburban-like thing was used to drop off a little league team at my pub. First off Kids and Pubs - when did this become a good thing? Secondly kids and doors that weigh more than they do - couldn't someone have anticipated the problem and gave some guidance or help. Well this is starting to sound like a rant so I'd better stop. I bet it took him longer to get the 2 foot high Z for Zorro out of his door than it took me to get the dent out of mine.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:18 PM

Sorry to hear that...but since everyone else is sharing...It seems like every time I wash my car I find some new dent or scratch. One that bothers me the most is in my driver side front fender. It seems like it is right on top of the fender where the crease starts. It may or may not have been a rock but if you were to see it then you'd agree this was some kind of precise rock that hit it. I need to call the Dent guy too but I don't know of any here (haven't looked in phone book). I'm sure there are plenty around here but I wouldn't want just anybody doing the work. The count so far for noticeable dents is currently 3. I need to have the work done but just haven't taken the time to do so. Number of minor scratches...to many to count and those are just the ones I've noticed. Sometime I think people deliberately put marks on my car. Oh well, it's only a car but if I were to witness someone doing it, Lord save them.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: What A Way To Ruin My Weekend!

I have now gotten in the habit of photographing (when possible) my car when it is park and making sure I get the cars to left and right license plates in the picture.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Forum Regular

i'm assuming you had a good night with the lady?...that's the important thing.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Napasanaoma
My wife calls my car the exercise car because I park it out in BFE.
i do that too. my friends think i'm stupid, but it avoids this like what started this thread.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
I have now gotten in the habit of photographing (when possible) my car when it is park and making sure I get the cars to left and right license plates in the picture.
That's a little bit of overkill... and if you were taking photo's of my car I'd probably take photo's of your license plate just so if my car comes up missing your going to be suspect #1.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
IMHO, this is being just a little too paranoid.

Either way, I don't worry so much about the car(s) that are already there because I do everything possible to make sure their car cannot contact my car when I park it. The problem is when an adjacent car leaves and a different car then parks there. At that point, it's pot luck.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dfuny19
i do that too. my friends think i'm stupid, but it avoids this like what started this thread
My parents laugh at me too, but I always get the last laugh. Because I immediately go to the back, park, and walk the half mile to the front doors before they find that front parking spot.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:46 PM

The inconsiderate, irresponsible, non-thinking, self centered, arrogant and obnoxious people in the parking lots are only the tip of the iceberg. The "It's all about me" attitude has reached epidemic proportions in this country and there's no turning back. There is no courtesy, no respect, no manors. Civility has taken a back seat to rude and offensive behavior. Sure, there are exceptions, but they are rare. Driving is a perfect example. Anytime you witness or are the victim of an act of driving stupidity, regardless of who the other driver is, you can guarantee, you'll be the one to receive the one finger salute.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

I would love to see them do it, then proceed to take my foot and put a HUGE dent in their door and call it even as I drive away whistling.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:36 PM

We had a similar experience, parked half a mile away from the entrance to a super walmart (yes I know what were doing there)? Nothing near us within at least 30 spaces a truck decided to shunt a trolley a full 200 yards across the parking lot into the side of our first crossfire, he did own up, he was an Army captain it cost $50 which he paid (I was so surprised I wrote to his Commanding Officer to compliment him on being so honest).
I'm English and I find over here that way too many people do not respect other peoples property, it is nothing like as bad in Europe. I think it is because things are way cheaper here... hard to believe people don't care about their neighbors ...

Old 09-12-2006, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
My parents laugh at me too, but I always get the last laugh. Because I immediately go to the back, park, and walk the half mile to the front doors before they find that front parking spot.
touché my friend.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Forum Regular

Well this morning I went and visited my dent wizard friend. $40 later, the dent is completely gone.