Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Blew away a motor cycle

Old 09-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blew away a motor cycle

I was stopped at a light and this guy was revving his bike while looking at my black on black, SRT-6. It wasn't worth my looking over at him, but I caught him out of the corner of my eye and I chuckled to myself. As the light turned green, traction control "off", I put my foot to the floor and while this guy tried but couldn't keep up. At the next light, he adjusted his gear, looked over again and I smiled. He laughed and the look of shock in his eyes was priceless.

My guess is that this was around a 800 - 1,000 CC do to the size of the bike, but who knows. All that I know is he was going after it and didn't catch it. Just another story about the most under rated car on the market. Love it!

Old 09-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Default Re: Blew away a motor cycle

I hate to burst your bubble but if he was actually "racing" you... you wouldn't have a hope in hell. I ride, and can tell for first hand experience that there are not many cars on the road that could beat a bike off the line or much after that... There are cars that will beat a bike in the top end and spank it badly in some cases, but definitely not off the line.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:30 PM

I ride a bike as well and my bubble isn't burst. I know the whine of a bike and sounds associated with them as you go through the gears. Windows down and right next to me, he was giving it a go and trying. I might be wrong on the CC, but it was a decent size bike. Perhaps I should have mentioned that it had saddle bags. 0-60 in 4.9 seconds for the SRT my friend. Whatever. The guy gave it a go and didn't keep up.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:33 PM

I would suspect the rider was either inexperienced or toying with you... Just doesn't sound plausible.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:35 PM

To be honest, I was a just waiting for him to torch me, but it didn't happen. I would guess that it would have been a lack of experience if anything. It wasn't a crotch rocket or there would have been no sense in even playing, but I heard the bike and the guy was working at it...Who knows? I'm just enjoying the performance of the car and having a good time. Thought I'd share.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:31 PM

I understand your excitement! I have enjoyed driving this car from day one (even with the f'ing 1st gear tranny issues)...

Enjoy!

Old 09-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The same thing happened to me except he just edged out my non-SRT coupe. Was this the bike?

http://www.bikexprt.com/bikepol/faci...d%20rider3.jpg

Old 09-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

RobM, LOL, everybody's a comedian (but that was a good one). Personally in my '04 6 spd. I wouldn't even think of taking on any Asian bike that had more than 400 cc's. But Harleys, well that's another story. I'd never hesitate to pick on any of them with my old muscle car, and play with them on my Gold Wing.
I found out though that the new ones do run a little better than the old ones did.
Some guy on a Wide Glide, Super Glide, Mud Slide, or something or other... pulled up behind me in the XF. It looked like a police bike, and the guy just kept revving it up as if I was supposed to be intimidated. Usually I pay Zero attention to Harleys because they always used to be such slugs. Anyways, I figured what the heck, why not show him my tail and dust him. The light turned green, I pulled a nice hole shot, but when I looked in my mirror, he was glued to my bumper. Everytime I shifted he would move over like he was going to pass me, but he couldn't. I took it up to around 80 and only had a car or two on him so I let off, and he did too.
All in all, it was a very close race. (not that I think a motorcycle that runs the 1/4 mile in the high 14 sec. bracket is anything special) This one surprised me. The last Super Glide I raced I was in my 1 ton extended window van, and the guy couldn't get ahead of me. So needless to say, this one ran better.
No offence to any Harley riders out there, I know the forum has more than its share.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rob M
The same thing happened to me except he just edged out my non-SRT coupe. Was this the bike?

http://www.bikexprt.com/bikepol/faci...d%20rider3.jpg
Now that was funny! ROFL.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:00 PM

Seriously...was this a pocket bike?