Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Poor Service at Sport Chrysler

Old 09-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor Service at Sport Chrysler

Two weekends ago while I was away for the weekend, I discovered I had no air or defroster. No hot air, no cold air, and no defroster. After getting home on Sunday after dealing with the car all weekend, I called to make an appointment to bring my car into Sport Chrysler. They couldn't get me in until Wednesday. I was able to get them to give me a rental car, because had I not asked about it, they would have sent me on my way without one. Well after waiting for them to call, I decided to check on things and call them. I was told that the problem was a bad resistor and that the part should be in the next day. The next day I call and I was told that the part is coming from a non-local warehouse and that it should be in on Monday. I am upset about this, but I suck it up and drive the Chrysler 300 I was given as a rental. Monday comes around and once again I have to call them since they refuse to call me. The part apparently still has not shown up and I am assured a call back and assured that it will show up the next day. That night my father goes online and discovers that he can have the part overnighted to us and have it by tomorrow (Tuesday). We decided against it as we were assured it would show up on Tuesday, and had a feeling that they would not 'be able to' install the part we acquired. Well today is Tuesday and after not receiving a phone call all day I decide again to give them a call. I am told that again the part did not show up and that it should be in tomorrow. This has now been six days that my car has been sitting there waiting for a resistor. Needless to say my father is currently doing what he can talking on the phone with corporate. This is by far the worst and definitely not the first of my poor service experiences with Sport Chrysler. I have no ideas as to how I could possibly speed things up and get my car back. I find it very strange that I am able to get the part in a day when this dealership is not able to get it for four business days. Just needed to vent.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Poor Service at Sport Chrysler

It would be nice to know where you (and Sport Chrysler) are?!?! At least, if you want to make your venting worth while to the rest of us, it would be.

Last edited by danimal; 09-12-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they have anything to do with Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring Maryland I wish you luck. They never could figure out why my '79 Corvette would stall when cold, when you made a turn. Pretty dangerous first thing in the morning. They had the car for 1 week out of the each pf the 12 months I owned the car, completely took all the fun out of it. Hope yours is fixed real quick!

Pat

Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 PM

I guess it would have been smart to post that Sport Chrysler is located in Norristown Pennsylvania. My father went online and tracked down a dealership across the state that had the part, why Sport didn't do this days ago is beyond me. Apparently we were too late to have that part overnighted for tomorrow. Now they are telling me they will definitely have it done before Thursday. I purposely bring my car in advance everytime so that they have a chance to diagnose the problem and order the parts, but apparently this time it didn't even matter with the way things are working out.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:30 PM

Small update:

Big surprise, I did not receive a call today although I was assured I would receive one. After work I called them again to find out the story and I was told that the part came in, but it turns out that the blower motor went bad. The 'good news' as they told me was that the resistor did not fail again so I would only have to wait till tomorrow (theme of this whole experience) when the blower motor would arrive. I was told once that the procedure to replace the motor was easy and then I was told by the service manager that it was a difficult process. Yet again I was assured I would receive a phone call tomorrow when the car was finished. It will now be over a week for this car sitting in their lot. I am very very nervous that I am going to have to deal with some sort of damage to the car when I go to pick it up. Not much I can do, and they sure don't make me feel good at all about their part of this situation.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:15 PM

At least you get a loaner, even when I ask, they have none available.
Cant get Chrysler to fix my Jeep Cherokee.
Won't buy another Chrysler product again because the service is so crappy!

Thank God I have had no problems with the Crossfire.

BTW: Located in NORTHWEST CT

Old 09-13-2006, 06:25 PM

I certainly sympathize with your plight - and the dealer might have been totally at fault - especially for not calling to advise of status. Its this sort of service - or lack thereof - that gets people rightfully upset.

However, sometimes parts do get held up in the mail, and the dealer may be restricted in where they can get parts from - though it certainly seems reasonable to assume they could get them from another Chrysler dealer!

Just last week I had a Miata repair held up. Part ordered was to be delivered the next day - took three days and then it was the wrong part. Total time, 6 days. The rest of the story is that since we order a lot of parts, I know that this dealer gets things right 98% of the time, and the parts are correct as ordered and delivered on time. It's that dang 2% that seems to generate a lot of head aches for everyone concerned - dealer and customer.

Henry Payne

Old 09-13-2006, 06:51 PM

cprgirl - I was told that I was entitled to a rental since my car is a '05 and only has 6k miles. I don't know what you need to qualify though. Additionally if my dealer doesn't have a car on their lot they send me to enterprise. The best thing is that each time I talk to them they 'reassure' me that I should know technically I am only covered for 5 days but they will take care of the rest of the bill. To me something like this should not even be mentioned to me. Its not like I chose to keep my car there, they should be paying for it without even telling me about it.

hpmotors - A family friend is the general manager of another Chrysler dealer and he checked to see if they had actually ordered the part for us and they did but waited till Friday to do so. Additionally my family is in the service business and it is just lack of care for them not to check other dealers to find out the fastest way they could get the part, especially after they were told how long the part was going to take to arrive. Needless to say I will probably be making the much longer drive to the dealership where our family friend works so that I am made to feel like I bought a Crossfire from Chrysler not a PT Cruiser.