Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Stainless Steel Lower Grille

Old 09-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stainless Steel Lower Grille

Check out the Stainless Steel lower grille panels for the Crossfire available on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrys...QQcmdZViewItem

These come from Germany and look pretty nice. Does anyone have these on their car? Looks like they screw in on one side... Hmmm. What do you think?

Last edited by Fritzauf; 09-19-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Stainless Steel Lower Grille

Originally Posted by Fritzauf
Check out the Stainless Steel lower grille panels for the Crossfire available on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrys...QQcmdZViewItem

These come from Germany and look pretty nice. Does anyone have these on their car? Looks like they screw in on one side... Hmmm. What do you think?
I have also saw this item on Ebay, and I have been considering buying them (still waiting on CTD-Germany). The small screw is not that bad, I recently purchase a similar item on Ebay from a seller in the UK and they were held on with "zip ties".

Old 09-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Default Re: Stainless Steel Lower Grille

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
I have also saw this item on Ebay, and I have been considering buying them (still waiting on CTD-Germany). The small screw is not that bad, I recently purchase a similar item on Ebay from a seller in the UK and they were held on with "zip ties".
I also purchased them, they look good, if installed right you will not see the ties. They are small enough and are clear in color.
I have had people think that i removed the OEM grills and replaced them with these, they fit right over them.

Crossfire 003.jpg

P.S. reflections add about 25 lbs.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re: Stainless Steel Lower Grille

CROSSFIRE LTD

ACRISPY1

Hey guys did you get them from "steve@southhams ???

I ordered a set from him on Ebay but have not received them yet. Kind of wondering now just what I bought. LOL.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by marauderroy
CROSSFIRE LTD

ACRISPY1

Hey guys did you get them from "steve@southhams ???

I ordered a set from him on Ebay but have not received them yet. Kind of wondering now just what I bought. LOL.
That's the guy. It took 3 weeks to get them. I'm happy with the grills.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:19 PM

hi guys,

they don't look bad but i like the lowers better from ctd. but who knows when those will be ready. does anyone have any info on when ctd will finish these grills?

Old 09-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Forum Regular
Question Re: Stainless Steel Lower Grille

ACRICPY1

Thanks for the reply. Glad you like them, Makes me feel a lot better about my order. I was starting to think I had made a mistake. I guess I'll just have to wait about two more weeks for them. Btw, your car looks great.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:31 AM

Thanks Marauderry...

Old 09-20-2006, 09:45 AM

I have mine coming from the same guy. I placed my order about 2 weeks ago and I believe he took the picture of my unit before shipping it out to me. Rather than buy from Ebay, call the guy direct and tell him you belong to Crossfireforum and tell him Juno sent you. He will give out 10% discount plus very reasonable shipping charge. They are from Vmaxx germany. I have placed an order for side strakes (chrome) and the lower grill. His number is 1-866-767-3686. Ask for James. He is an authorized distributor for Vmaxx in US.

BTW, he did mention we can get 20% off for group buying of 10 or more. If there are enough interest, you guys can get together and get 20%. I don't think 10 would be tough to gather. I'll post pics after I install them this weekend. FYI. I have paid $228.00 for both chrome strakes and lower grill shipped to NJ.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:54 AM

Here is the link to Vmaxx for other parts available for Crossfire.

http: www.vmaxx.de

Old 09-20-2006, 10:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Stainless Steel Lower Grille

Originally Posted by acrispy1
I also purchased them, they look good, if installed right you will not see the ties. They are small enough and are clear in color.
I have had people think that i removed the OEM grills and replaced them with these, they fit right over them.

Attachment 2737

P.S. reflections add about 25 lbs.
The material itself was great, but they were cut about a 1/4 " off all around. They just didn't look good IMHO and I am very **** about certain things...lol, the seller has agreed to return my money, he is a great guy and is also an XFire owner.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:59 PM

Aren't we actually talking about two different sets of lower grilles here? The vmaxx set seems to be a full replacement that is held on by two small screws, but the other set sold on eBay is apparently some kind of a cover that is held on with twist ties. Can someone clarify which set is best and how the vmaxx group buy would work if that's the preferred version? Thanks.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
The material itself was great, but they were cut about a 1/4 " off all around. They just didn't look good IMHO and I am very **** about certain things...lol, the seller has agreed to return my money, he is a great guy and is also an XFire owner.
I don't blame you i would have asked for my money back too, Mine are cut fine. I'm glad you got your money back.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by maxxm
Aren't we actually talking about two different sets of lower grilles here? The vmaxx set seems to be a full replacement that is held on by two small screws, but the other set sold on eBay is apparently some kind of a cover that is held on with twist ties. Can someone clarify which set is best and how the vmaxx group buy would work if that's the preferred version? Thanks.
Yes they are different, i don't like the flat chrome look, the material used on the ones i have i think look better its a matter of taste. By the way they are held on by zip ties not twist ties.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:28 PM

I got my chrome lower grill installed. the bracket is tough to install. I have to call they guy (Vmaxx distributor) to make sure I did it right. Just to clarify the confusion. This one is from Vmaxx Germany, not from England.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1571.JPG (718.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_1565.JPG (834.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 10-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Forum Regular

I just installed a set of the zip-tie ones from "southams" in the UK. I bought them through ebay at the lowest price I have ever seen them sell for, just over $50 including shipping. Here are my thoughts...

First off, I was less than thrilled with the packaging. Considering they travel overseas, they were very susceptible to being bent. Fortunately, any imperfections due to over-handling were minimal and once installed, less visible than I expected.

Second, as implied above, they are kind of cheap. And as mentioned by another, they are made a bit too narrow, leaving a gap on the top and bottom. Frankly, I was pretty disappointed when I first saw them. And in fact, I probably could have made them myself at a fraction of the price if I had the material and a pair of tin snips.

Now that I installed them, I have to say I do like them quite a bit. I placed the lower edge almost flush with the bottoms of the original grills, thinking that you really can't see the top edge as much looking at them. And I was right.

The zip-ties are also barely noticeable. You'd really have to be looking hard to notice them (or any other imperfections due to less than perfect manufacturing or shipping). My only suggestion is that he include a third zip-tie to secure the centers of each grill. I just happened to have the same ones in the house, so that's what I did.

Like I said, I think they look pretty darn good once in place. They have a nice 3D look as opposed to the vmax ones and cost less than a third of those too.

Benjiboy bought a set in the same auction. I'm curious what his take is.

Old 10-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by midnightman

I just installed a set of the zip-tie ones from "southams" in the UK. I bought them through ebay at the lowest price I have ever seen them sell for, just over $50 including shipping. Here are my thoughts...
I bought the same grille covers from "southams" and I agree with you. I'm sad to say I paid more than you though, You got a good deal. I kind of felt ripped off at first but after putting them on I have to say they do look good. For anyone thinking about buying these grilles $50.00 is a good deal and I think you will be happy.