All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

An open letter from a Crossfire. Thank You.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default An open letter from a Crossfire. Thank You.

It's not often that we cars gets to express gratitude to our owners, and sadly for many of us, gratitude is one of the last things we feel. Not all cars get the Crossfire treatment. In fact, many are highly neglected. But not us Crossfires.

Being born a Crossfire was a gift of fate. How fortunate we are.

Our owners lavish praise upon us daily. They talk about us to friends, acquaintances, and sometimes strangers, without end.

They treat us with the greatest care and love, buying us gifts regularly.

They maintain us the way we are supposed to be maintained, changing our oil well within the time/distance parameters and feeding us properly.

They take extra time to understand us and all of our nuances. Sometimes I think there isn't a part of me my owner hasn't inspected or a feature my owner hasn't learned about.

Our owners go out of their way to park us out of harm's way. They walk those extra steps just to keep us in showroom form.

They worry about us when we show the slightest sign of illness and find speedy remedy when needed.

Many of my northern "brothers" never even set a tire outside during the winter's harsher weeks, staying safe and secure indoors.

We are pampered with frequent baths and waxings. No nook or cranny is left untouched. Once in a while, many of us even get to go to the Clay Bar Spa.

We love it when you take us for a long drive, testing our abilities to smoothly glide with speed and grace, while exhilarating you with our sure-footed ability to handle the curves.

Our owners formed a collective group on the internet to share resources, information, and fun stories about us. Talk about feeling special, we sure do!!

Even after months and years owning us, our owners still look at us with a gleam in their eye. When they get behind our steering wheel, a smile still comes to their faces.

It was love at first sight for both of us, and the feeling hasn't faded a bit for either of us.

We may not be perfect, but we try to be everything our owner desires. And we couldn't ask for better owners.

To all of our owners, let this Crossfire speak for all of us... Thank you!!!

The following users liked this post:
Jake2007 (05-06-2023)
Old 09-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: An open letter from a Crossfire. Thank You.

No, ... Thank You! The pleasure is all mine.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:29 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up Re: An open letter from a Crossfire. Thank You.

This is pretty good. What inspired you?

I love it.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys really are car nuts! I bet some of you even named your XF's.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink Re: An open letter from a Crossfire. Thank You.

Absolutely, her name is Beauty for the grace it possesses in the curves. The other bay in my garage is reserved for the Beast, the new Dodge Challenger as soon as it is released.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dynamicS
Uh yah, "Sparky"...you got a problem with that?

Old 09-27-2006, 09:13 PM

I've named most of my cars...some more fitting than others.

1986 Pontiac Fiero (silver color) - AKA - " The Silver Bullet".

1988 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Coupe (Red Color) - " The Red Baron".

2005 Chrysler Crossfire - "Otto" (as in Otto german name - auto as in car).

Some names just fit...

Old 09-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't name my cars... but I'd say this is the best one I've had to this point.

Mine would probably tell you it's been 'Rode hard and put away wet...'

Old 09-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Forum Regular

Thank you for that wonderful write-up! What creativity to have put that much thought into something that well, right on the money!

And for the one asking about naming the car - that was actually done by an elderly gentleman I see whenever I get coffee at DD... he calls it Yellow Bird. I asked him why that name and he said "yellow because she's yellow" and bird because, quote unquote, "it flies down the road, doesn't it?" I took him for a spin the next morning so now whenever he refers to me/her with that name, I feel special. (ok, he is a step grandpa, what can I say?)

Old 09-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sharonaln67
Thank you for that wonderful write-up! What creativity to have put that much thought into something that well, right on the money!

And for the one asking about naming the car - that was actually done by an elderly gentleman I see whenever I get coffee at DD... he calls it Yellow Bird. I asked him why that name and he said "yellow because she's yellow" and bird because, quote unquote, "it flies down the road, doesn't it?" I took him for a spin the next morning so now whenever he refers to me/her with that name, I feel special. (ok, he is a step grandpa, what can I say?)
sounds like a fitting name, little birdie.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FPMartinez
What inspired you?
I'm not sure what you mean. I found this in the form of a note written in Mobil 1 motor oil on the passenger seat when I left for work yesterday morning. I'm just the messenger, not the author.

Old 05-06-2023, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by dynamicS
Bought “Monroe” yesterday. Named her that because she’ll be at Fort Monroe in Hampton VA quite often on date night

Old 05-06-2023, 10:36 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts

A great thread created in September 2006..............

Originally Posted by midnightman
It's not often that we cars gets to express gratitude to our owners, and sadly for many of us, gratitude is one of the last things we feel. Not all cars get the Crossfire treatment. In fact, many are highly neglected. But not us Crossfires.

Being born a Crossfire was a gift of fate. How fortunate we are.

Our owners lavish praise upon us daily. They talk about us to friends, acquaintances, and sometimes strangers, without end.

They treat us with the greatest care and love, buying us gifts regularly.

They maintain us the way we are supposed to be maintained, changing our oil well within the time/distance parameters and feeding us properly.

They take extra time to understand us and all of our nuances. Sometimes I think there isn't a part of me my owner hasn't inspected or a feature my owner hasn't learned about.

Our owners go out of their way to park us out of harm's way. They walk those extra steps just to keep us in showroom form.

They worry about us when we show the slightest sign of illness and find speedy remedy when needed.

Many of my northern "brothers" never even set a tire outside during the winter's harsher weeks, staying safe and secure indoors.

We are pampered with frequent baths and waxings. No nook or cranny is left untouched. Once in a while, many of us even get to go to the Clay Bar Spa.

We love it when you take us for a long drive, testing our abilities to smoothly glide with speed and grace, while exhilarating you with our sure-footed ability to handle the curves.

Our owners formed a collective group on the internet to share resources, information, and fun stories about us. Talk about feeling special, we sure do!!

Even after months and years owning us, our owners still look at us with a gleam in their eye. When they get behind our steering wheel, a smile still comes to their faces.

It was love at first sight for both of us, and the feeling hasn't faded a bit for either of us.

We may not be perfect, but we try to be everything our owner desires. And we couldn't ask for better owners.

To all of our owners, let this Crossfire speak for all of us... Thank you!!!