Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

7/70 Extended Bumper to Bumper Warranty Info

Old 09-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7/70 Extended Bumper to Bumper Warranty Info

I just purchased a 2005 Crossfire Roadster Limited with 28K miles on it. I got a great deal ($23K) and I have never been so happy with a car. I live in Los Angeles and there are allot of nice cars where I live (West Los Angeles). It seems every other car is a Mercedes SL500. But I still get plenty of looks at my Black Roaster because nobody else has one. Anyways I am getting off track here. I decided to look into an extended warranty and found that my local Dealership wanted $2,350 for the 7/70 Bumper to Bumper and on top of that wanted the money up front. Well I decided to do a little checking and found a dealership on line that sold me the same exact warranty for $1,470 and let me make 12 payments on it. They also offer 3 years worth of oil changes for $210 (up to 15 oils changes during the 3 years).

I am not usually big on buying Extended Warranties but everything I have read on the Crossfire and all the electrical involved with the Roadster I figured I am better off spending the money now for piece of mind. The reason I am telling you all this is to let you know that there is an option to walking into your local dealer and paying there retail price for the Chrysler Factory Warranty. Here is the site in case you are interested:

http://chryslerservicecontracts.com/index.php

I hope this is not too long for my first post.

I will finish by saying I never thought a car that cost under $70K could have this much of an effect on me and I can not think of a car that is under $50K that I would want in place of my Roadster right now. I guess you can say I am a very happy new Crossfire owner.

Thanks,
Matt Z

Old 09-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: 7/70 Extended Bumper to Bumper Warranty Info

Welcome to the forum. You will continue to love your car...believe me! This forum is absolutely THE best for anything that you need to know about your car. I've had so much help from so many kind and knowledgeable people on here.

I am considering an extended warranty on my car once the original one expires. Yes, the electrical components on this car and many other issues make me feel that this might be money well spent. I like that price you got. I'll definitely keep your post in mind when I have to make this decision.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for posting the info and Welcome. Actually I was just thinking the other day this is the first web site I have been a member of where discounted warranties have not been mentioned. They were out there for Cadillac, Ford and many others. One dealership against another. Thanks for this info.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mzimand
I just purchased a 2005 Crossfire Roadster Limited with 28K miles on it. I got a great deal ($23K) and I have never been so happy with a car. I live in Los Angeles and there are allot of nice cars where I live (West Los Angeles). It seems every other car is a Mercedes SL500. But I still get plenty of looks at my Black Roaster because nobody else has one. Anyways I am getting off track here. I decided to look into an extended warranty and found that my local Dealership wanted $2,350 for the 7/70 Bumper to Bumper and on top of that wanted the money up front. Well I decided to do a little checking and found a dealership on line that sold me the same exact warranty for $1,470 and let me make 12 payments on it. They also offer 3 years worth of oil changes for $210 (up to 15 oils changes during the 3 years).

I am not usually big on buying Extended Warranties but everything I have read on the Crossfire and all the electrical involved with the Roadster I figured I am better off spending the money now for piece of mind. The reason I am telling you all this is to let you know that there is an option to walking into your local dealer and paying there retail price for the Chrysler Factory Warranty. Here is the site in case you are interested:

http://chryslerservicecontracts.com/index.php

I hope this is not too long for my first post.

I will finish by saying I never thought a car that cost under $70K could have this much of an effect on me and I can not think of a car that is under $50K that I would want in place of my Roadster right now. I guess you can say I am a very happy new Crossfire owner.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Look into third party extended warranty. I opted for that instead of going with DC's warranty. Got mine up to 5 yrs/100K miles bumper to bumper. I think a bigger advantage of third party is that you can take it to any authorized repair shop you want, which includes Mercedes dealerships.

And if you really need to take your car to the dealer for repair, go to West LA Buerge Chrysler. Been going there after a real bad experience at La Brea Chrysler.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Forum Regular

Where did you get it and how much?

Old 10-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations on the car and welcome to the forum. When I bought this car I made the dealer throw in the extended DC warranty. However, I have carried extended coverage through GEICO for $100 year which I think actually covers more then the DC warranty but you do have to get it before your standard warranty expires.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by upstate
Where did you get it and how much?
I got mine online from Warranty Direct (www.warrantydirect.com). I don't remember the exact amount but I think I paid $1,600+.

I've been unfortunate to have most of my cars come down with major problems (ie. tranny, etc.) after factory warranty expires but been fortunate that i shelled out the cash for ext warranty for each one saving me a lot of money. I had an Acura that had it's tranny replaced/rebuilt 3 times after factory warranty expired.

And considering a new engine for the SRT6 is $10K...

Old 10-01-2006, 01:51 PM

SRT6_Crossfire. I also go to Burge Chrylser. I live 2 miles from the dealership and they seem to know what they are doing but they were the ones to quote me $2,320 on the warranty I paid $1,470 for. As for a third party I was unsure if the dealership would take it so I just went with the DC warranty. It comes with some great features for me, like rental when I take it in for anything, even oil changes.

I have to thank everyone here for all the great posts. I have learned a great deal about my Crossfire from you all.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Forum Regular

mzimand, which option did you select? I went to the link you posted and couldn't find one that offered free oil changes...or did you get that from the dealer? Maybe I didn't read your post closely enough. Anyway... I haven't had any problems with my car, but as I intend to keep it 'til death I'm considering an extended warranty just in case. I'm out of country much of the year, so I need long length...not long mileage.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:54 PM

Actually I just found out that the Oil Change option is not available on the Crossfire due to the fact that it uses more expensive oil.