Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

No Crossfire wave!

Old 10-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No Crossfire wave!

Hi everyone. On my way to work today, I spotted the first Crossfire on the road since I purchased mine last week. As it happened, he pulled up right beside me. I was preparing to make eye contact and wave or perhaps give him a knowing nod, but he just kept looking right ahead. wth??

Could it be that I'm not a fully privileged member of the Crossfire club yet because I still have dealer plates?

Old 10-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Default Re: No Crossfire wave!

i wouldn't sweat it, it happened to me the other day, a woman had an ssb roadster and pulled up beside me the other day and wouldn't look at me either...it happens.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:51 AM

nobody waves in crossfires. its like you are invisible to other crossfire drivers. i cant figure it out.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Forum Regular

I believe some people see it as just a car while the rest of us see it as a passion.
I, too, have had the same thing happen to me a few times... Don't get it either...

But here, this should make up for them not responding to you!

Old 10-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Forum Regular

I pass another Crossfire driven by a punk that works at the local golf course about twice a week. Same color as my car for that matter. That ******* never waves even though I wave, sometimes beep the horn too. I am done. Now when I pass him I flip him the bird. See if he notices that. He should have bought a freakin Mustang. Loser.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a very nice experience when I spotted a Aero Blue Crossfire on my way back from work one day on the Bay Bridge going toward San Francisco.

We both looked at each other and gave a happy thumbs up and wave.

Don't be discouraged... as stated some people only see it as 'just another car'. (Losers).

Old 10-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in Michigan I always beep the horn and wave whenever I see another crossfire. It's kind of pointless because they're all over the place (I see at least 4 in my city that I know live here).

They usually just look at me with a "WTF" look. They really aren't anything special in Michigan.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:29 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My experience to date has been rather positive. Every time I come across one, we always wave, or give bright light flashes. However, I don't run into too many of them. Maybe 1 or 2 per month.

Last edited by FP; 10-04-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Just saw a black convertible today on highway 280 in the Daly City, CA area!

I waved at the driver and he waved back at me as I passed to exit the freeway.

Was that anyone on the board?

Old 10-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

If you spot someone that likes the car like the people on the forum here they will wave.
Too many owners it is like a toyota camry, just a fancy toaster. They don't get it.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:27 PM

So people in other Crossfires who don't wave are losers?

Look who's calling the kettle black.

I have a motorcycle, and wave to other riders, because...well I could care less, but everyone else does it. But I just don't see the point in cars. Don't get me wrong: if someone waves at me, I'll always return the wave, but I'm not about to go initiate the flashing/waving/thumbs upping every Xfire I see.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Forum Regular

They never wave here in so cal either there are 4 in my home town nobody waves. Hey guy in red crossfire on haribson canyon (my street) you can't out run me some day I will get a wave out of you. Have pulled up along side several in the LA area and no wave their afraid to take their eyes off the road.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slaps76
...but I'm not about to go initiate the flashing/waving/thumbs upping every Xfire I see.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Doing that once a week would wear me out too.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:47 PM

Well I know how this feels too. I hardly ever see any crossfires when I’m in mine and when I do they just do the same thing, they just look right ahead. If this makes anyone feel any better if anyone is ever in Arizona and happen to see my crossfire go ahead and wave because I will already be waving at you!

Old 10-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Forum Regular

Crossfires are a rare breed in my town. I've passed a few of them going the other way, but we usually fly by so fast (pardon my dust) that it usually registers just as they've passed. I'm guessing they felt the same. I'm sure that all Crossfire owners in my area are fantastic people, with unusually rare good taste in cars.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Around 5:00 P.M. yesterday, I was going south on Rt. 69 in Auburn Indiana, when I see a grey SRT-6 coupe closing on me pretty fast in my mirror. (I was doing close to 80 mph myself). So naturally I moved over after I got past the car I was passing.
I looked over at the guy as he went by and gave him a wave, but he never even looked my way, too busy talking on his cell phone to even notice.
But that's OK, I guess some SRT owners probably don't recognize another Crossfire when they come up behind them at speed. Must be the pop-up spoiler that throws em off.
By the way, during the whole 500+ miles I drove yesterday, that was the only Crossfire I say.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts

just beep your horn.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:33 PM

the only two i see around town are as friendly as myself. there is a white roadster that an older gentleman drives and we seem to always exchange the thumbs up, and there is a silver coup that exchanges the "nod" with me. lol.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:38 PM

damn it! i saw the first EVER OTHER XFIRE ROADSTER in town today after 5 years of living here. i wave

she doesn't notice me or wave back, we're driving right past each other! crazy *** *****...

Old 10-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been on both ends of the wave thing. We don't have many XF's around here, so seeing one is not all that common. The best was running side by side with a twin Aero Blue coupe for a few miles on local highway...first and only AB I've seen on the road. The worst was when I took an early morning drive into DC one sunday, parked by the tidal basin (across from the Jefferson Monument), was the only car in the lot at 7:30 am when lo and behold, a black XF coupe comes storming through the lot, I give a quick wave, he never bats an eye, parks in the last space in the lot and walks off...

We're fanatics folks, plain and simple...most people could care less.

Quick Reply: No Crossfire wave!