Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

It's Official I am in LOVE

Old 10-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Official I am in LOVE

Today is day 30 of my new found love. I bought my Roadster 30 days ago today and have never been happier. It was a rocky start as when I bought the car I noticed a terrible noise coming from the rear end. But after taking it to the dealership they tightened something that was loose in the suspension and the noise is gone. Since I got her back it has been pure bliss. I hear people talk of throttle lag, but I do not notice it on my car, if anything it seems like it is faster the then the 6.9 seconds 0-60 the stats claim. It feels for like a 6 seconds car to me.

I have to admit the reason I bought the car was for its looks and the convertible, the way it drives has been a bonus and to be honest a bit of a surprise. This thing drives and handles like a Porsche.

I am 38 years old and have owned many cars in my life, but I can say that the Crossfire is hands down my favorite and at $23K, which is what I paid for an 2005 Limited Roadster with 20K miles I feel like I won the lottery. I looked at the 2005 SLK, used, and to get one equal to my Crossfire I would have had to spend a minimum of $40K and I do not think it looks as cool as the Crossfire.

After hanging around and reading this forum I see that many of you feel the same way I do and like me feel like that we a members of a special club and in on a secret that only Crossfire owners can understand.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Default Re: It's Official I am in LOVE

Welcome. What took you so long? When you get a chance, fill out your sig. block so we have some idea who and what you are.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: It's Official I am in LOVE

Welcome to the family!

You hit the nail on the head when you said we are passionate about our Crossfires. Even through some of the trials and tribulations some of us have experienced, the feeling remains - pure bliss! At least for the majority of us.

My only recommendation? Make sure your service department has a TRUE qualified tech that knows our cars. If not, then a little problem will turn into a major headache and that's based on fact.

So good luck with your new toy, have fun and fill out your profile so we know a little more about you like where you're located - add some pictures of your new love, too!

You will not find a more supportive group then on this site!