Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Will any Chrysler dealer do your warranty work?

Old 10-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will any Chrysler dealer do your warranty work?

When your Crossfire is under its original warranty and you need work that is covered under it, can you bring it to any Chrysler dealership in your area or must it be the one where you bought it? The warranty paperwork says it should be done at the one where you purchased it, but I'm wondering how strict that is?, if another has more convenient hours or location for you or needs less advance notice for an appointment. What are your experiences? There are probably 10 in my area and I'd like to have the flexibility to go with whoever can get me in on short notice.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Will any Chrysler dealer do your warranty work?

You can go to any Chrysler dealer to have your work done under warranty.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:33 PM

You can bring your car to any Chrysler dealership for warranty, extended warranty or recall work. But, in all honesty, I have yet to find a Chrysler dealership that I feel good about bringing my car to. Whenever I bring my car in, it is always returned to me with grease marks on the console and steering wheel and dirt smudges on the headliner. (Even at times when there was *no* work done!).

Old 10-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Forum Regular

I my case I have to hope that any dealer will perform the work...especially since I live almost 100 miles from the dealer from whom I purchased the vehicle.

I bought a 1976 Mustang II off the showroom floor (yeah...what a mistake). I planned to ensure an easy drive cross-country from California to New York for Bicentennial celebrations. The car was really a dog from the moment I drove it off the lot...powerless, poor economy, pinging (which the factory rep called "the sound of economy). Anyway...I had it in the dealer in Vallejo, CA 2 days before leaving. Then...the car had problems in Reno, broke down near the Carson Sink...we were towed into Lovelock, NV for more service, needed service in Salt Lake City but everything was closed...limped up to Evanston, WY where we received more service, then made it into Wichita, KS where we dropped the car with another dealer an took Greyhound the rest of the way.

Along the way, the only dealer than mentioned charging for the work (the tow from the desert into town) was the Ford Dealer in Lovelock, NV. We were happy to drive the car from Wichita back to Vallejo, CA with no further problems...or at least none that I wanted to waste time waiting in a dealer's showroom.

So my conclusion is that as long as you have the proof of warranty, any dealer will do the work...they get reimbursed by Ford for the work done.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jpristel
You can bring your car to any Chrysler dealership for warranty, extended warranty or recall work. But, in all honesty, I have yet to find a Chrysler dealership that I feel good about bringing my car to. Whenever I bring my car in, it is always returned to me with grease marks on the console and steering wheel and dirt smudges on the headliner. (Even at times when there was *no* work done!).
JP, I understand what you are saying but must add that this is not a Crossfire syndrome, if the do hack work on your car, they'll do it with Any car. I suggested this some time ago, but would really like to see a sticky thread with "Recommended dealers by state" for XF's, can someone make this happen?

Old 10-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Any chrysler dealer, just remember only 5 star dealers have to send a tech to school for the crossfire.