Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Test Drive Event like none other, WOW!!

Old 10-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Test Drive Event like none other, WOW!!

You actually get to drive the cars, and drive them HARD!! Even SRT's!!! (No viper/RAM SRT/Manuals, all cars were Auto's).

I just went to the Milwaukee event today at Miller Park. Wow!! What fun. There were three separate driving courses. One course for each line. Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler. Best part is that it's free. Not sure how I got the mailer, but I'm glad I did. The waits were very minimal and sometimes next to none. I get out of one car and just jump into the next. Of course, cars like the Charger r/t, and 300c had longer lines. But it's worth it. And I think my longest wait was maybe 15 mins. When you register they give you two "SRT" passes. You could drive either the Magnum SRT, 300C SRT, Crossfire srt, or grand cherokee srt. I'm sure the vehicles are going to be different based on location as they were all from local dealer lots. They had a Caliber R/T AWD. Handled well when pushed hard in the corners, but lacked some power on the acceleration part. I used my passes on, of course Crossfire SRT, and the Magnum (had the longest straight away). The courses are similar to Autocross with cones set up. They also did a "Drifting" session using the Viper and Ram SRT 10. It was more like Rear wheel drive with lots of power, more than it was actual drifting. If you don't know what drifting is, watch "Fast and the Furious, Tokyo Drift" even though its a movie, some of those drivers got MAD Skills. Either way, it was cool to see a viper go full throttle, whip a complete 360 and then take off in the original direction, like it never happened.

If you can make it to an event in you area, GO!!

They had some of the Brand New sebrings. (Had to of had the smaller engines, as they felt sluggish).

The shock of the day? Besides seeing cars driven about as hard as they could be with less than a 100 miles? One car had 31 miles on it!!

Take a FWD Pacifica, turn the ESP off and floor it from a stop. WOW, you can light them up pretty good. I sure got a few looks from the older people there. Kind of like, who's driving that car? The tires squealed like a pig, and I could of probably went longer but figured not to. Didn't want to get kicked out.

Finally, for those interested, I would try and keep it a secret, because the less people there, means more time pushing the cars to the limit, and less time waiting in line. Like I said, I was able to actually drive multiple cars in a row without getting in line. Most people wanted to drive the Charger, and 300C, so I just jumped into whatever was available. For me, I, didn't care what car it was. I drove it like I stole it. Town & Country, Caravan, Compass, Rubicon, PT Cruiser, Aspen, you get the idea. How often can you drive cars for free, and push them to the limits legally, not get in trouble, not have to replace the tires, worry about the car break, and etc.

I think that about sums it up. What a way to spend a Sunday. Made me forget that I missed pretty much all the Football games.

One last thing, I pre registered, but I don't think it matters, as they still have you register and etc when you get there. Oh yeah, there was free food too!!

Old 10-30-2006, 12:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Test Drive Event like none other, WOW!!

Hmm...I would be one of those people wanting to drive the 300 and the charger...heh.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:08 PM

My Dad got an invite to one of these events in the Detroit area, but he didn't want to go. I was going to take his spot, but you had to be 21 (I was 20 at the time). I really hope there will be more events like this; I so want to drive a Crossfire SRT and a Charger.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Forum Regular

For this event you only need to be 18.

Old 10-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Forum Regular

Do you know how to get an invite? I'd like to attend the one in orlando...

Old 10-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blacklimitedcoupe
Do you know how to get an invite? I'd like to attend the one in orlando...
Just pre-register on the web site. I registered for the Saturday afternoon in Orlando (Nov 18). Looks like fun.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Forum Regular

See my post on the other copy of this message for the web address.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Forum Regular

Anyone else going to the Orlando event on November 18th besides myself and Dan?

Old 10-31-2006, 12:23 AM
Forum Regular

For those that plan on attending a future event, I'd like to hear which cars they have there. I was hoping they would of had the charger srt instead of the magnum to drive. They had a charger srt on display only. But I was quite surprised on how the magnum handled. I thought for sure it would feel as big as it looks. Same with the 300C. It would be nice to drive an Avenger r/t if it wasn't still a "Concept". Why FWD though??