Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Chrysler Crossfire sales for October 2006

Old 11-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Chrysler Crossfire sales for October 2006

Chrysler just released its Crossfire sales figures for October: 763 units. Total year to date = 8,144...

Old 11-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler Crossfire sales for October 2006

that's the sales of the 2005 model right?

Old 11-01-2006, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sidez
that's the sales of the 2005 model right?
It includes U.S sales of all model year (It may include some 2004's and 2006's but mostly 2005's).

Old 11-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JM Piquet
Chrysler just released its Crossfire sales figures for October: 763 units. Total year to date = 8,144...
Your source please...

Old 11-01-2006, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by ben47
Your source please...
DaimlerChrysler.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JM Piquet
DaimlerChrysler.
Okay... Daimler Chrysler, where? A website, news release, fact sheet or what? Just saying "Daimler Chrysler" is not an answer that would qualify your statement.

The reason I asked the question in the first place is, it has been talked about several times before on this forum that DC does not release hard numbers and therefore an exact number count was/is difficult to nail down.

Sooo, "exactly" where/how did you come up with the numbers you posted?

Now, if you have an inside source that you don't want to divulge, then I can understand your vague answer. But without a source, your numbers really don't mean much.

Sorry, I don't mean to be argumentative… I just want to know how you arrived at those numbers.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:13 AM

Okay... Daimler Chrysler, where? A website, news release, fact sheet or what? Just saying "Daimler Chrysler" is not an answer that would qualify your statement.

The reason I asked the question in the first place is, it has been talked about several times before on this forum that DC does not release hard numbers and therefore an exact number count was/is difficult to nail down.

Now, if you have an inside source that you don't want to divulge, then I can understand your vague answer. But without a source, your numbers really don't mean much.

Sorry, I don't mean to be argumentative… I just want to know how you arrived at those numbers.
Well It looks like someone has been giving you misleading information. DC releases sales figures on a monthly basis to the media. Here are the hard numbers:

Click to enlarge.

And you right I don't have to divulge my source...

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 11-02-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

here's a source:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4464954&EDATE=

the U.S. sales numbers are indeed accurate. the numbers are routinely reported by publicly traded auto manufacturers selling vehicles in the U.S. i don't know if they're required to do so, but i'm sure the shareholders want to see the information.

i think you might have been confused by sales numbers vs. production numbers. i have said in a few threads that Chrysler does not generally reveal production numbers.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing very few if any on dealer lots. I guess they are just about gone.

Pat

Old 11-02-2006, 03:16 PM

what a weird thing to dispute.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by patpur
Seeing very few if any on dealer lots. I guess they are just about gone.

Pat
earlier this year inventories were down from around a year to just 302 days. check out the graphic in this link.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...603060373/1148

Old 11-02-2006, 04:12 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Why should we be surprised? If DC is still selling 2005 models.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
I couldn't agree with you more...

Old 11-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by x'ed
I disputed nothing. I asked for a source, nothing more and nothing less. I hope you don't believe everything you read or see without knowing the source. And as mentioned above, I may have got production numbers and sales figures wrong. One of the two not being available HAS been talked about within this forum... end of story.

JM Piguet... thank you for the figures, that's all I was asking for in the first place.

Last edited by ben47; 11-02-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:58 PM

my mistake, sounded like you were disputing it to me. i guess doubting would have been the better work "But without a source, your numbers really don't mean much." END OF STORY, AHAHAHA that was pretty funny too. you obviously take your posting very seriously.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well guys I work for a DC company and it is hard to get anything but sales info even on the inside but from what I can find out all the sales are 04' and 05' models. I am told no 06' models were US and that there are a few 07's in the states but not for sale, only to use at shows. How correct this info is who knows. My source... I'll never divulge...

Old 11-04-2006, 04:52 PM

Everyone is talking like the Crossfire has been official discontinued. I sent a email to Chrysler and got response a couple of weeks ago saying that NO 2006 year models were made and no plans yet for a 2007, but not discontinued either.

Old 11-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by azonie
Everyone is talking like the Crossfire has been official discontinued. I sent a email to Chrysler and got response a couple of weeks ago saying that NO 2006 year models were made and no plans yet for a 2007, but not discontinued either.
There have been a lot of discussions on this topic, and in the end I ask myself, "who really cares?". I suppose that some want comfort knowing that they made the right decision in buying their Crossfire. I'm a bit saddened that the company blew the marketing plan for this car...but I don't regret my choice one bit. What the future held for my car didn't factor into my decision. In some ways it will serve to lengthen my enjoyment as I will not have new feature envy when I see new Crossfires going by in colors that I'd consider, or with new chrome moldings that I wanted (I've already placed after market orders for mirror surrounds and side "vent" covers).

I bought my Roadster because I thought it was the prettiest looking car I'd seen in many years. It was a purchase I considered for more than a year before making a final decision. My regret??? Waiting so long.

If Chrysler never sells another Crossfire, or if the product is discontinued, it doesn't diminish my love for the car in the least. I may be upside down on my loan right now...but who cares? The money I kept invested rather than using for my purchase is making more than my interest payment, so I'm still okay with my decision. At the same time, as more current owners bail and grab whatever they can for their Crossfire, it puts more after-market upgrades on the market at, I hope, equally bargain prices.

My only true concern is that as the original owners leave the forum, that the real technical knowledge of the average owner may decline. No slam against the latest owners, but my opinion is that more of the earliest owners are mechanical wizards that saw the great potential of this Mercedes cousin. As has been discussed in this forum, there is more knowledge of the workings of this machine in these posts than in the general population of Chrysler service bays. No point crying about it...I'd love for the newest members to show me wrong.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markr6754
My only true concern is that as the original owners leave the forum, that the real technical knowledge of the average owner may decline. No slam against the latest owners, but my opinion is that more of the earliest owners are mechanical wizards that saw the great potential of this Mercedes cousin.
Some of the original owners may have left, but the information and knowledge they posted is still here on the forum. It may just take a little time searching and reading to find it. Just about any question a new or current owner can come up with has already been talked about... all is not lost.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by markr6754
There have been a lot of discussions on this topic, and in the end I ask myself, "who really cares?". I suppose that some want comfort knowing that they made the right decision in buying their Crossfire. I'm a bit saddened that the company blew the marketing plan for this car...but I don't regret my choice one bit. What the future held for my car didn't factor into my decision. In some ways it will serve to lengthen my enjoyment as I will not have new feature envy when I see new Crossfires going by in colors that I'd consider, or with new chrome moldings that I wanted (I've already placed after market orders for mirror surrounds and side "vent" covers).

I bought my Roadster because I thought it was the prettiest looking car I'd seen in many years. It was a purchase I considered for more than a year before making a final decision. My regret??? Waiting so long.

If Chrysler never sells another Crossfire, or if the product is discontinued, it doesn't diminish my love for the car in the least. I may be upside down on my loan right now...but who cares? The money I kept invested rather than using for my purchase is making more than my interest payment, so I'm still okay with my decision. At the same time, as more current owners bail and grab whatever they can for their Crossfire, it puts more after-market upgrades on the market at, I hope, equally bargain prices.

My only true concern is that as the original owners leave the forum, that the real technical knowledge of the average owner may decline. No slam against the latest owners, but my opinion is that more of the earliest owners are mechanical wizards that saw the great potential of this Mercedes cousin. As has been discussed in this forum, there is more knowledge of the workings of this machine in these posts than in the general population of Chrysler service bays. No point crying about it...I'd love for the newest members to show me wrong.
I agree with you 100%.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Crossfire sales for October 2006