Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Stay away from Harrisburg Chrysler Jeep

Old 11-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stay away from Harrisburg Chrysler Jeep

The crossfire is in the shop... going on week #7. Never ever take your car to Harrisburg Chrysler Jeep. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse... the mechanic started the car while under the dashboard, accidentally let his hand off the clutch, and the car drove off inside the shop... you can imagine the consequences of that.

I've been in pretty nice loaner cars the whole time so I can't really complain too much, but it is getting a bit ridiculous.

I finally had enough and demanded a crossfire to drive at week #4, so they gave me a used SRT-6 to drive. But after a week I had to give it back so it could go to auction, so I was put back into an '07 Grand Cherokee. Week #6 I received word that my car had been wrecked, so now I'm in a brand new SRT-8 loaner.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Stay away from Harrisburg Chrysler Jeep

Wow!! The horror stories this week are incredible! Sorry to hear about the bad experience.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:30 PM

Wow! That is an incredible story! I think I would want a permanent replacement after the crunch. Dealers never seem to get the body and paint thing right. I live in Mechanicsburg, PA and take mine to Brenner Chrysler. So far, no problem, although I haven't had it long enough to test them with much work. Naturally, they did the famous 8.5 quart oil change, so my high oil pressure icon shows up if I run it hard at all.

Good luck.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Forum Regular

I run 8.5 quarts in mine. That's what chrysler states is the correct amount.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Forum Regular

Yeah I think Chysler techs are the worst mechanics ever, bunch of dumb grunts!
I just got my car back today so they could fix the 1st gear popping symtom, they had the car for one week and it still lets go in 1st. not to mention those dumb goofs got grease on my headliner and scratched up the rocker panel paint and stainless sill plate! I'm so F**ck'n pist right now!!

I don't think I have the patience to deal with them for a while, so much for a 5 start dealership, it's more like 1.5 star

Last edited by dynamicS; 11-07-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DaveHarper
Wow! That is an incredible story! I think I would want a permanent replacement after the crunch. Dealers never seem to get the body and paint thing right. I live in Mechanicsburg, PA and take mine to Brenner Chrysler. So far, no problem, although I haven't had it long enough to test them with much work. Naturally, they did the famous 8.5 quart oil change, so my high oil pressure icon shows up if I run it hard at all.

Good luck.
Brenner Chrysler Jeep was a jerk to me when I was originally looking at crossfires. Hopefully their service is better than their sales people. The salespeople at Harrisburg Chrysler are nice, but their service tech's are horrible. Maybe if they combined the sales at harrisburg with the service department at Brenner you'd have one good dealership.

It has been quite a saga, but at this point though I don't really care... I have 6 months left on the lease and I'm not planning on buying it. If I do decide to go with another Chrysler product in the spring I think I'll try Warner Chrysler in Hummlestown. But chrysler doesn't really have anything that excites me too much right now. The SRT-8 is nice, but a little more than I need... and with 425 hp it would be nice if it was available with a manual transmission.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Forum Regular

I am sorry to hear your misfortunes. I would have to say the same for Bill Bulter Chyrsler in Warner Robins, GA. They make appointments just to have the car sit there for nine hours and not get touched because they don't have anyone that know how to fix crossfires. On the same note, they did not even know how to unlock the car from the inside nor did they know how to operate the rag top. I think I will just buy a repair manual.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gwetoe you may want to check out this thread before you go out and buy an manual: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...service+manual

Old 11-08-2006, 03:08 PM

Heb80,

I had a similar experience trying to buy from Brenner Chrysler. I tried hard to give them the business on a van or two in the past, but they just didn't seem to want to deal. I ended up at CVM in Mechanicsburg, or their counterpart (Dodge) on Paxton St.

I bought my XFire from a used car guy in york. I think he knew more about 'em than the dealer!